2014 Athens Bag Tag
About this League
continue reading ›
1. Tags must be attached to bags or carts, and carried whenever you are playing.
2. You may challenge anyone carrying a tag.
3. The challenge must be accepted by each participating player to be valid. For non-tournament bag tag challenges, the participants must agree upon the rules/details prior to the match.
4. You may refuse a challenge if you are out practicing. (This is acceptable occasionally, but can’t become a habit.)
5. You may not hide when you have a lower number tag. (If it is found that you are doing this, you probably will be called an assortment of names.) It would be advisable, if you have the #1 tag, that you are willing to accept bag tag challenges on a regular basis. This does not mean you have to accept a challenge every time you play disc golf.
6. If you have to leave during a challenge round (for any reason), you will forfeit your tag and graciously accept the highest numbered tag in the group.
7. In the case of a tie, the player who held the lowest numbered tag prior to the match would receive the lower numbered tag and so on.
8. The current tag set (2014) will remain active until the final Athens Disc Golf Club Championship match play tournament very late in 2014. Ten dollars of your Athens Disc Golf Club membership fee minus bag tag expenses will go towards the final Athens Disc Golf Club Championship.
9. If you lose or ruin your tag, you may be able to PURCHASE a new one for $5.00 and will not be able to challenge for bag tags until you receive your replacement tag.
10. Please remember you are only the temporary holder of the bag tag until after the final end of the year Athens Disc Golf Club Championship, and then the bag tag that you finish the year with is yours to keep. It is understandable that you might be very proud of holding a particular bag tag number, but please refrain from signing your name to the bag tag. A signed bag tag will have to be replaced and the person who signed the bag tag will be required to pay a replacement cost of $5.00.
11. Anyone caught cheating or holding out (purposely not bringing your tag) will be dealt with by the local players and the ADGC will make sure everyone finds out about it.
12. Bag tag matches during tournaments are automatic, provided someone runs the action. This includes getting everyone’s tag before the first round, tallying everyone’s scores, and getting tags distributed at the end of the tournament. Tournament bag tag challenges are usually based on the cumulative score (all rounds totaled) unless noted prior to the start of the tournament.
13. The Athens Disc Golf Club will utilize http://www.discgolfscene.com/ to keep track of the league standings. You are responsible for making sure your bag tag number is correct on the leaderboard at discgolfscene.com. If you don’t already have an account there, please sign up for one using the email address you have given the ADGC. The account is free. If you use the email address you supplied the ADGC, your account will automatically be linked to the 2014 Athens Disc Golf Club Bag Tag League in discgolfscene.com.
14. You will enter challenge matches on discgolfscene.com. Once a match is entered, The ADGC Bag Tag Administrator will get an email to verify the match. Once the match is verified, the results will be displayed on the website and any tag updates will be made. Please enter the matches promptly so the database stays updated accurately. The ADGC Bag Tag Administrator will check the site regularly for matches that need verification. Please only one person enter the match(s). A good rule of thumb is, the winner enters the match. Duplicate entries generally result in a delay in the match getting verified.
15. If you do not agree to these 2014 Athens Disc Golf Club Bag Tag Rules of Engagement, you will be required to let Hugh Torbit ([email redacted]) know by April 1, 2014 and you will be eligible for a refund of $10 of your Athens Disc Golf Club membership dues and will be required to turn in your ADGC bag tag.
‹ less text
Jason Hartley September 18 at 8:37pm
Bag Tag Match @ Little Mulberry 9/21/14!!!
- Who: Athens Bag Tag members
- What: optional bag tag match, optional $5 buy-in (4 to payout, 1 to club), optional $5 (5 $1 CTPs)
- When: Sunday 9/21 @ 10am
- Where: Little Mulberry disc golf course (3800 Hog Mountain Rd, Dacula GA, 30019 ... intersection of Hog Mountain Rd. and Patrick Rd. ... Google Maps: http://goo.gl/maps/HCb4C)
Jason Hartley April 10, 2014 at 11:54am
Welcome to the 2014 Athens Bag Tag league on discgolfscene.com!
Howdy folks, discgolfscene has a great bag tag league function that we'll be using this season to keep track of tags. After playing a bag tag round: - Winning player logs on and clicks "submit bag tag updates" - There are two options to submit scores, "submit match scores" and "update player tags" ... for the purposes of this league we will be using "submit match scores". Any match submitted under "update player tags" will be den ... more
Howdy folks, discgolfscene has a great bag tag league function that we'll be using this season to keep track of tags.
After playing a bag tag round:
- Winning player logs on and clicks "submit bag tag updates"
- There are two options to submit scores, "submit match scores" and "update player tags" ... for the purposes of this league we will be using "submit match scores". Any match submitted under "update player tags" will be denied.
- Fill required info for "submit match scores" (course, time of day, tees played, scores for each player, etc.)
- You're done! click "submit for verification" and Jamey or myself will get your match approved and the leaderboard/tags will updated.
Posting bag tag matches on discgolfscene allows for everyone to know who has what tag, how much everyone's playing, and it's cool to see your personal stats.
Looking forward to a fun season!