Woodmansee Park

Salem, Oregon     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions

Ricky Anderson    3 days ago

Left my green Echo Star Teebird on the soccer field yesterday. Name and number on it.

Rick Saffeels   3 days ago

Didn't see it :(

Jim Costello    6 days ago

Lost a white Prodigy D3 last Saturday on Hole # 11. It was a practice toss off the tee, ended up near the footpath by the right-side basket location (the basket's in the other location right now). Totally forgot to pick it up after my approach shot. :/

Rick Saffeels   6 days ago

I have another one for you if that's the one I gave you :)

Jim Costello   6 days ago

Yeah, it's that one, Rick. I was just starting to get more comfortable with it, too! I'll take you up on that offer (and be sure to write my ph# on this next one!!!).

Steve Moore    March 19 at 6:35pm

Just back from round at Woodmansee and it is in need or some repair and cleanup. Most of tee signs need replacement and new acrylic cover plates. Also some have the top wood plates being loosened and ready to be taken now the top covers are gone. Course in general could use cleanup for the spring. Any plans in place by CCDG or will this need to be taken on by individuals effort again. Thank you and this should be handled as soon as possible before further damage done to course.

Steve Moore    February 28 at 8:23pm

A big thank you for the repair work on basket #8. From what I can put together that thanks goes out to Barry B for his efforts. Stepping up again Barry puts another gold star next to your name in my book.

Mike Wilson   February 28 at 9:24pm

Thanks B!!

Jim Costello   February 28 at 9:47pm

+1!!!

Chris "The Lip" Lippert   March 3 at 4:25am

Barry to the rescue under cover of nightfall. the glow round saw him come through. Thanks again B.

Steve Moore    February 28 at 8:16pm

Woodmansee work day was a big success due to the friends of trees, ivy removal coalition, and other assorted youth groups. Sorry to say no disc golfers besides myself made it out. We owe these groups a big thanks. Some of many pictures taken. Over 1000+ tree seedlings, assorted plants, and such planted today, lets treat them nice and let them grow.

Mike Wilson   February 28 at 9:29pm

Big thanks to all that gave their time this morning to work out at Woodmansee and improve the park!!! (as a whole)

Jim Costello   February 28 at 9:47pm

<cough> no other disc golfers except my son and I.

Steve Moore   February 28 at 9:50pm

Sorry Jim, my bad. Not meant, I drew a blank on you and son's name. Thanks to you, Ill be first to accept my bad

Jim Costello    February 21 at 7:59pm

Found yet another disc today on hole 8/17. This is getting ridiculous! :) No name or number - looks brand new. My son will be glad to keep it if nobody can identify it.

Mark McKeever   February 28 at 11:19am

I am wandering if it is the vibram i lost months ago

Jim Costello   February 28 at 9:45pm

It's a Lat64. Sorry...

Rick Saffeels    February 17 at 7:42pm

Jim Costello is to be given an award for the finding and return of not one, but two of my discs a month apart. Yes I should keep better track of my discs, but it's a great community of people who can return discs that aren't theirs. Keep up the good work to all those returning discs to their rightful owners!

Mr CLEAN   February 17 at 7:45pm

your welcome...all of you...lol

Jim Costello   February 18 at 10:19am

Aww, shucks <kicks dirt>. Thanks Rick. The discs you gave me in exchange for returning yours are all the awards I need. Happy hucking!!!

Chris "The Lip" Lippert   February 18 at 5:16pm

Well Rick, clearly if you would just play your rounds with Jim you wouldn't be losing discs to begin with. ;)

Chris "The Lip" Lippert    February 12 at 7:16pm

Hole 8 basket is in need of repair. Not sure what happened but the basket is being propped up by sticks at the moment

Josh Bullock   February 14 at 10:14am

he had two both broke?

Josh Bullock   February 14 at 10:15am

we just moved the basket long about a week ago

Justin "ugh massa" Stinson   February 14 at 2:04pm

he does have one. perfect!

Steve Moore    February 6 at 7:26pm

Letter received from friends of trees about work at Woodmansee Hi Steve, I'm sorry it's taken me a few days to chime in here. The area we will be planting in does intersect the course near the northernmost footbridge in the park (though I'm not sure of the hole number/s 5/14? 6/15?). However, the work will not permanently affect any of the baskets or tees. That said, we will want to "close" these holes during the event. I will be posting signs next week to indic ... more

Jim Costello   February 25 at 10:32am

I'll do my best to show up Saturday to help remove ivy. What time? Do I need to bring any tools?

Steve Moore   February 25 at 11:20am

Friends of Trees is partnering with the City of Salem to revitalize the stream banks along Pringle Creek as it winds through this beautifully wooded park. We will be adding additional Oregon white oaks and native shrubs to the areas recently won back from a Himalayan blackberry infestation. The No I ... more

Steve Moore   February 25 at 11:21am

Please arrive around 8:45am to be registered and assigned to a crew. The event will start promptly at 9:00am. We provide breakfast snacks and hot chocolate/coffeu200be, as well as gloves, tools and guidance. Please come dressed for the weather and wearing sturdy shoes and get ready to have fun!

Jim Costello    January 12 at 11:37am

Found an unmarked Roc3 on #9/18's fairway this last Saturday. I'll reluctantly return it to it's rightful owner if identified. I'll happily add it to my arsenal if not! :)

Rick Saffeels   January 13 at 12:32am

Does anyone have Jim's number?

Jeff "MaxPsych" Heltsley   January 13 at 12:32am

Thats because Rick creates a lot of positive karma. Give and ye shall recieve.

Jim Costello   January 13 at 10:57am

We have a winner! Rick's getting his disc back, and here's the weirdest part: He may very well have found my Crank I lost many months ago, too!

Rick Saffeels    January 5 at 7:51pm

I found a Crank that might have been a off shot from hole 17 or 9's fairway. Message me the color and stamp so I can get it back to you :)

Rick Saffeels   January 12 at 11:24pm

That would be hilarious if we found each other's disc on the same course a few days apart

Jim Costello   January 13 at 10:48am

Damn! That would be hi-larious! I'm trying to remember, because it was quite a while ago that I lost it. And I'd only had it for a couple weeks then. Pretty sure it's got blue stamping, metallic-style.

Mike Wilson    November 26 at 11:09pm

Haven't been out there since before the series of stormy weather in the last month or so. Woods took some hits. Tree down on 4 at top of the hill, 2 branches down on 9, and other small limbs down around the park. Plus they are doing a restoration along the creek. Needless to say Woods looks different right now.

Steve Moore   November 26 at 11:34pm

probably won't get any quick answers due to holiday. If need be will attend next parks meeting in december

Mr CLEAN   November 27 at 1:58pm

i was wondering if the tree <cherrie tree> on 4 might survive if someone cut it like a few feet up from the exsposed root ball then dug out around the root ball and stood it up then reburied the root ball. think it will survive?

Mike Wilson   November 27 at 4:05pm

I don't know about that. I guess there is a chance. Also on 4 someone chopped the small tree that is a few feet from the basket, and now it's split. It won't survive much longer.

Steve Moore    November 16 at 8:37pm

Anybody want to meet up tomorrow, Monday the 17th, for a round at Woodmansee. Start time can be flexible on my end. give a holler and what time would work out for you.
Steve

Rick Saffeels    November 7 at 2:19am

First big tournament at Woodmansee since the Fall of 2012! Let's Roc and Roll! http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Roc_and_Roll_Ice_Bowl_15

Bruce Applegate    October 11 at 12:28am

Any one that wants to I'll be at woodman see around 8 am sat. The 11th and always the more the marrier just show up or message me and let me know

Mr. Snap    October 1 at 1:04pm

Yo!....I lost my yellow star roadrunner on the last temp hole playing back to parking lot last night in the dark....would love to get some help from some of you locals now that its daylight....thanks in advance!

Daneger Jones   October 1 at 8:15pm

woodz has a bad return policy brother.

Steve Moore    September 19 at 9:25pm

So is there no one from CCDG willing to answer up to simple question being asked for the good of us all? What is, if there is one, the plan for repair and upkeep of which local courses, regarding fixing needed items, finishing what needs to be finished, and getting courses in shape for this winter coming fast? I do not understand why some much problem on this topic when it concerns all of us that play the sport. Time to work together and grow the group and get things done, not work againest each other as it seems to be now. Thank you.

Steve Moore    September 18 at 10:34pm

Anybody up for a morning round at Woodmanse tomorrow friday the 19th? Time somewhat flexible but thinking around 8 or 8:30 start no later then 9.
Steve

Doug "Stronghammer" Morgan   September 18 at 11:31pm

sounds great Steve

Bruce Applegate   September 19 at 1:10am

I think I'll show up also if u guys don't mind

Doug "Stronghammer" Morgan   September 19 at 2:02am

fine with me Bruce

Steve Moore    September 16 at 4:08pm

I will not be able to attend Tuesday 2's tonight but would like someone to confirm if the tent camp is still set up behind hole 1 long position just across the creek and hole 2 basket area by creek. Also how is course looking since I quit my work there for time being. Any work done at all yet? Thank you and have a good evening all.

Steve Moore   September 18 at 3:01pm

Anybody able to update me on this or do I need to go by myself to check things out? Thanks

Steve Moore    September 13 at 7:22pm

As the days get shorter and fall and winter approches, I am putting out a call to CCDG and if they have any plans in place for the Woodmansee course as far as repairs and getting ready for winter weather. They should already be aware of needed items and general disc public should be aware if they have plans in place for the course. If not then I guess I will need to take charge again and see what can be done at this time. If so then will be happy for any and all assistance. Thank you and see what happens.
And yes I have tried to communicate with them with out much response.
Steve

Steve Moore   September 18 at 3:00pm

I guess since no response that means that things are not being taken care of the way they should.by the group that should handling things. I was specifically asked for my drawing files early this year which I gave to the club guessing it meant they would take care of signage and such. Still waiting ... more