Woodmansee Park

Salem, Oregon     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions
Shane B   6 days ago

I remember and got to be one of the first today! Wish we would have known the "Island" detail! that makes it better!

colton'turkey' hanks   6 days ago

well about time make it square biger then a disc so you can fit more

Joel Campos    7 days ago

Lost/left some tools?? Let me know I may have found some.

Steve Moore   7 days ago

Possibly from when friends of trees and no ivy folks were there last week? Or park folks or zac. I have all my stuff I believe unless there is a SM written on them

Zac Teuscher   7 days ago

someone has still been trimming the ivy the last few days. 3, 4, 5 all been touched a little since we worked on Saturday

Zac Teuscher    February 2 at 2:21pm

The "Red Band" Basket is coming back to Woods!
Finally after 10 months of attempts...
After next Sunday night though the practice basket will gone for a few days.
Going to get it painted yellow and cleanup then

Zac Teuscher    January 25 at 9:47am

Friends of Trees planted over 100 trees and shrubs around holes 1/10 & 2/11 on Saturday!
If you happen to throw near one please try and be careful and not harm the new plants.
Salem No Ivy cleared out a lot of ivy from the trees and ground as well!

Zac Teuscher   January 25 at 11:22pm

I'm going to go out and replant them in the morning and hope they are still well enough to take

Steve Moore   January 25 at 11:45pm

Your a good man Charlie Brown, I mean Zac Teuscher. Might take couple before and after photos for both us and the parks folks. Good for history of course. Thanks

Zac Teuscher   January 26 at 2:30pm

All replanted! Please watch out for the new trees and give them a chance to grow!

Zac Teuscher    January 19 at 3:17pm

FYI... from City of Salem.. I just wanted to let you know that both Friends of Trees (FOT) and the Salem No Ivy Coalition will be out at Woodmansee Park this Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm to work on ivy removal and native plantings along the creek. Due to the area where FOT and volunteers will be performing work, holes 1/10 & 2/11 will be temporarily closed on Saturday, 1/23 until 1 pm. Signs posting the closure will be in place at the park as well. The Salem No Ivy Coalition will be wo ... more

Zac Teuscher    November 30 at 1:16pm

Woods round at 2pm! Be there

Josh Bowen   November 30 at 1:32pm

You playin?? I should be able to be there.

Zac Teuscher   November 30 at 1:41pm

i should be there... Greg and maybe couple others also

Stacey "Stace' the Ace"   November 30 at 1:47pm

Be careful out there, gonna be slippery

Zac Teuscher    November 25 at 1:21pm

Go fill out a survey and let the city know you want another disc golf course in town!

Zac Teuscher    November 9 at 1:38pm

Just to have everything out in the open

Coming early December will be a meeting that all are invited to between City of Salem and all interested parties.
To be discussed are potential alternative locations, official course rules (OBs, Mandos, and Hazards for Recreational and Advanced Players), and multiple other items.
If you want an invite to that meeting let me know and I can forward your info on to the city.

L Bledsoe   November 13 at 4:40pm

So if I understand your tone that you are not going to allow them to attend? I just want to be sure.

Zac Teuscher   November 13 at 4:45pm

Not up to me dude... it's a city meeting. I'm trying to help by getting info together for them. I'll pass names along just not sure how they will be able to be contacted. Private messaging an email seems easy enough

Zac Teuscher   November 13 at 4:47pm

Welcome to contact Tibby Larson at the City of Salem and get her your info too

Zac Teuscher    November 3 at 1:19pm

Moved some baskets today! Keep an eye out

Zac Teuscher    October 26 at 3:49pm

Basket moving day! Check positions before you throw!

Brian Center    October 22 at 9:11pm

Lost my yellow star destroyer off to the left of hole 3. Its avery jenkins. Mid way down the fairway and to the left. Bounced off a tree. Would really like it back, love that disc! Thanks.

Brian Center   October 23 at 6:28pm

Looking down the fairway theres that green ivy looking bush right in the middle, the tree right past that on the left i believe. It was hard to find it with all the yellow leaves down there and it getting dark.

Brian Center   October 23 at 6:29pm

It took a good bounce off the tree and shot straight left. I'd say anywhere between 10-20 yards off the path.

Zac Teuscher   October 23 at 7:10pm

Looked for awhile this morning but no luck. Might still be in the leaves there

Zac Teuscher    October 22 at 5:58pm

Course is looking pretty good! Thank you Steve for all your work today!

Zac Teuscher   October 25 at 3:10pm

For discussion sake though... if 2's mando is for "safety issues" then why does 11 not have a similar Mando? When the basket is left discs cross the same path as 2's mando attempts to avoid. Not the same "safety issue" there?

Zac Teuscher   October 25 at 3:13pm

Why is there no mando on 17 ( it's coming ;-) )? I throw at 9s basket all day long on it. No safety issue there? Lol

L Bledsoe   October 25 at 7:50pm

Thank-you for the information. I appreciate you keeping the public informed.

Steve Moore    October 21 at 7:13pm

Looks like I will be at Woodmansee course tomorrow, Thursday, to do some course cleanup and work. Should be there about 9:30 after doing bottle deposit thing when it opens at 9. If anyone able or willing sure could find something to help with. Short notice but way it goes this time. Thanks

Stacey "Stace' the Ace"    October 19 at 4:45pm

Lost black Judge with Calapooia classic tourny stamp on hole 6 right side. Is my Ace disc so really hope to get it back.

Stacey "Stace' the Ace"   October 19 at 8:03pm

It was exactly around the orange fence area. It was pretty dark when I threw it...which was my mistake.

Zac Teuscher   October 20 at 5:04pm

Not having much luck locating discs lately. Steve and I looked just didn't find it sorry

Stacey "Stace' the Ace"   October 21 at 11:11am

Yeah, I went back out there a couple of days ago too and looked around. Bummer.

Zac Teuscher    October 6 at 8:48pm

Let's talk "C" pin locations...
We all know where 6/15 & 8/17's C location is.
What ideas do you have for C locations for the other holes?

Brian Center   October 6 at 9:31pm

for 1/10 you could put it out over that empty pond on the left.

Matt "KARNAGE" Karnes   October 6 at 11:21pm

You could do do one on 7/16. Tuck it back behind the tree on the left side. lots of empty space.

Zach Hatefi   October 7 at 12:29pm

On 2/11 you could put one up and to the left, almost parallel with the tee pad for 3 but around the trees and bushes

L Bledsoe    October 4 at 5:13pm

TD's should make sure all their trash is removed after running a tourney. A lot of flags and paper marking temporary tee locations.

Doug "Stronghammer" Morgan   October 4 at 10:50pm

I agree

Zac Teuscher   October 5 at 1:18am

Don't worry be out tomorrow cleaning her up anyways! Thanks for the tip though

Zac Teuscher    September 18 at 1:19pm

Want to see a disc golf course looking better than it ever has?
Get to Woods!

Tee signs with Basket Location Makers!
Back filed tee pads!
Clean fairways and rough rough (hey its Woods, can't make it too easy)!

She is looking beautiful!

Doug "Stronghammer" Morgan   September 23 at 4:14am

it really is great job

Jesse Walker    September 14 at 11:11pm

I just got some of my discs and two of my family's bags back! About 42 discs total, there is a third bag that is not mine that was returned to me with the others. I'm looking for the owner, describe it to me and its coming back to you. I'm sorry both Sean and Mo, its not one of the bags either of you had posted up getting stolen about the same time mine was.

Zac Teuscher    September 14 at 2:34pm

FYI... Woodmansee Disc Golf Course will be reserved Saturday 9/19/15 from 10 am to 4 pm for Willamette Valley Chain Gang Disc Golf Club's 2015 MVP Circuit Event!
Priority of play for this time period will be the player's of the MVP Event Only!
Plan to play early or elsewhere on Saturday!
Thank you!