Sleepy Hollow State Park

Laingsburg, Michigan     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions

Shane Brayton    October 8 at 8:23am

Lost a peach colored Star Wraith on hole 2, reward if returned. Turned over into the shule on the right, name and number should be on the inside rim.

Tom Armstrong    October 2 at 1:49pm

Is there an Ace Race happening at Sleepy Hollow? The Disc Craft site says one is scheduled for October 12. I can't find anything else about it. I can't play in the one in Mt. Pleasant. It would be great if I could play in Laingsburg.

Matt Rinker   October 2 at 1:53pm

Not sure why says that

Tom Armstrong   October 2 at 1:53pm

Thanks.

Matt Rinker   October 2 at 2:32pm

Looks like there might be. It's on the site. The event is not run by the CCR or Trip C's, which are the two clubs that maintain the course. It is also the same weekend as Harvest Doubles at Fitzgerald Park. I suggest playing Harvest Doubles!

Oscar Judd    September 25 at 8:59pm

I somehow lost a pink/orange chalky wizard about pin high in the right side rough on #1. No markings, no number, so I'm not expecting to ever see if again. There's a pretty big gouge in the inside, close to the bead, and the gateway markings are "CH", "WIZ", and "175"

chris morlock    May 29 at 10:27am

I had found a light green Flow in Opto line, that belonged to Rich Zeinner. I called him and he advised me he sold it to someone a couple of years back. It will be in my trunk for next weekend, if anyone wishes to claim it as theirs.

Chris Booker    May 21 at 9:59pm

Lost Yellow D2 Prodigy Proto Big stamp on hole 12 Left side. Grass is deep.. Info is on the back.. Would love to get this back in my bag...

chris morlock    May 20 at 9:13am

We also found a fly dye pro leopard with the name Walter on it. There was no one to leave it with. I will hand it in at the event in a few weeks, to try and get it back in his hands.

chris morlock    May 20 at 8:53am

Hi guys, my wife and I drove in from Ontario and had another great time at the course. We got four rounds in before we had to sadly leave. I lost one disc on #15. Right side by the big tree(close to the water) if not just in it. A red star Destroyer and would love to get this back. If it turns up by chance we will be down again for the girls gone wild tourney (June 7-8) If possible please give the disc to Erin or Alan who run the event, or Jen Dom who I know well, To return to me. Thanks a ... more

chris morlock   May 20 at 1:54pm

Keith was who I was thinking of. Thanks Erin

Larry Dalimonte   May 20 at 7:46pm

Our club is playing leagues up at Sleepy tomorrow and there is a good chance someone will find it. I might get up there beforehand for a round and see if I can take a peek. To narrow down the search area a bit, did it fall short of the tree or go past it?

chris morlock   May 22 at 6:54am

It was about tree depth. Maybe just past, but hard to tell for sure from the tee area. Thanks Larry

Doug Prizer    April 15 at 12:28pm

Any one lose a Blowfly out here?

Matt Rinker   April 15 at 2:13pm

Mitch, that better not be "thee" blowfly

Nate Upton   April 15 at 5:10pm

I played with a guy at the Mush that lost one, but I can't remembrr his name

Matt Homan    April 11 at 2:58pm

Anybody know what the conditions are looking to play a couple rounds tomorrow

Matt Rinker   April 11 at 3:03pm

They shld be good. Maybe some downed limbs here and there from the left from the ice storm. Just held a tournament last march and things were very playable.

Matt Homan   April 11 at 3:30pm

thanks for the info

Brandon Schmuker    April 3 at 3:17pm

What's the current state of this course? Is it still pretty muddy or snowed over? I've never played here before and it's an hour and a half drive from where I live. I was considering taking a road trip here with a couple buddies in the middle of the week next week. Also, any other decent courses we should check out near this one?

Matt Rinker   April 4 at 7:03am

Yeah. We spent many hours out there in March clearing what we could. But there was still too much snow on the ground to get a lot of the bigger branches. Trust me, it wld be twice as bad if we hadn't been out there for a week straight clearing what we could. Still plenty to be done on all the lansing area courses.

Ben Dadd   April 4 at 10:47pm

I shudder to think what the park in DeWitt looks like

Erin Oakley   April 6 at 9:25pm

Valley Farms in DeWitt? It's actually not as bad as you would think. There is a big tree down on 1's teepad, but that is pretty much it. Women's league has been out there twice in the last 3 weeks.

Nate Upton    March 23 at 8:16pm

I left a yellow Z Flash at the mush on hole 11. Lost it to the right of the fairway in the wind. Another guy in my group lost a orange disc to the right also. Would greatly appreciate its return.

Moe Dixon    March 19 at 5:05pm

I lost a champion dyed beast white/clear with a pink star dyed on it on hole 17, right about half way down the fairway on the left side of the creek/ditch but right side of the road. Will pay for its return

Matthew Murdock    March 19 at 4:53pm

Lost a westside tp giant, blue in color off of 3s fairway. Initials and pdga # are on it

Jacob Turner    March 5 at 4:24pm

Left two PA1s SE white with black stamp and pink. White just wasnt in my bag when I looked for it and pink in fairway of 4.

Joshua Siwek    March 5 at 2:36pm

During the Legendary Sleepy Hollow Mixed Doubles event I lost a purple tye-dyed Champ Beast on hole 14, should be in the circle by the pin, just spike hyzered into the snow, if anyone finds it I would love to have that guy back.

Rob DeHaan    March 5 at 12:35am

Does anyone have a status update on the teepads as of late?

Matt Rinker   March 5 at 1:17pm

Pads are clear and playable. I will be going up there all next week to continue improving them and to mark the alt holes

Rob DeHaan   March 5 at 5:54pm

awesome. thanks for all the info fellas

Michael Daly   March 8 at 5:12am

Sounds like with the hard work of locals combined with a slow melt, March Mush should be a fun weekend

Dale Noel    November 21, 2013 at 10:47pm

Lost a green Avenger on 15 along the pond if anyone finds it.

Eric Savoie    November 6, 2013 at 12:55pm

This Saturday, November 9th, we are hosting a fundraiser at the Michigan State University Disc Golf Club! We are hoping to raise enough funds to put in our three missing baskets, get course signage, and help send our team to Georgia for the NCDGC! We have several CTPs, and will also be having a raffle and ace pool. Come on out for a fun day of golf on our new layout!

Cashless pre-registration: http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/MSU_Course_Fundraiser_2013

peter kunoff    July 12, 2013 at 11:27am

Say something ...how are the skeeter here? i imagine they would be bad by lake ovid

Nick Pacific   July 12, 2013 at 11:52am

They weren't bad at all last summer, outside of the peninsula shot on #9 I think it is. Not much standing water out here at all. Burchfield will eat you up though

Robert Wagner   July 12, 2013 at 1:36pm

The course drains very well, fairways are mowed well, keeping mosquitos down. Only a couple holes had many. Nothing a light spray of DEET won't fix.

Erin Oakley   July 13, 2013 at 9:24am

This is the only course I have not had to spray myself at. Best course for littlest mosquitos this year.

Tom Taylor    May 19, 2013 at 8:43pm

lost a yellow Champ Ryno on hole 9, I think. The one between the ponds. Went in on the left side. Will reward if found. This was 2 weeks ago.