Portage Lakes DGC

Akron, Ohio     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions

Dan Clark    May 20, 2011 at 8:23am

I'm bringing my portable and Matt might bring his so we can play the first few of the back in succession.

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    May 20, 2011 at 7:24am

do u want me to bring my portable so we can play the back 9 some more?

Carl Peterson    May 19, 2011 at 10:13pm

We have a work day on Saturday May 21, from 8:30 to 12:00, with a round of golf afterward. If you haven't seen the back nine, I think you will be impressed by the potential, especially #14 through #18. These are going to be 5 great closing holes!

Areas that still need work include: Move brush piles to widen #16. Take down marked trees on #9 through #15. Cut up fallen tree on #18. Dig basket holes on #15 and #16.

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    May 17, 2011 at 7:25pm

It's really amazing, just what the few volenteers have accomplished with the amount of work done at Portage Lakes DGc. Only the people who has done the work can really understand. I'm so proud and blessed to be working with these people. We're so close. I can't wait to play the whole course insterad of working in the morning and playing a round afterwards. There's a lot of good people in this area that all mean well that are getting slammed. Unless your part of the movement, stand aside and let the movers and shakers do their thing. And then peace and harmony will surround us all.

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    May 17, 2011 at 7:17pm

Thanks erock216 for asking the moderator to delete the thread, thanks EW for backing up erock216. I'm not going to even open up the thread because it doesn't matter. I know we're in good graces with the State park dept with the work that we've accomplished so far, because that's what Bill and Steve reconfirmed with us the last time those two talked to the volenteers of the installation of this DGc). Are we going to upset an individual (s) with the installation of this DGC, we might. Is that ... more

erock 216    May 17, 2011 at 12:38pm

they named themselves reality_hurts and reality_bites. it was obviously the same person and i asked the mod's to delete the thread. they did. your welcome.

erock 216    May 17, 2011 at 12:35pm

i found part of the thread cached. i hope this link works. its only page 2. maybe someone can find page 1. i personally pm'd this person and told them to stick it.

eric wernet    May 17, 2011 at 7:57am

No feelings hurt. Just sayin. I did read the thread erock referred to and it wasn't very pleasant. The thread essentially we t on to accuse the dgers of trashing the place and "clear cutting" the fairways. I am glad to hear that both Steve and Bill have said things are good with the park. I know how much work is going on down there, we are all blessed for the efforts. Sorry I missed you in Wooster also, it like you would have handed me my booty yet again. Congrats on the hot round and the PR .

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    May 17, 2011 at 7:26am

OHHHHH, I hope I didn't hurt anyones fragile feelings, again. That wasn't my intention. all I know is what I see and what I know. We're (the Disc golfers of the world) not going to make everyone happy with what we try to do, even though everyone I know that is busting their respective tails are trying they're hardest to do whats best in what they feel they're doing to promote DISC GOLF. Maybe I'm blind or something, but I can't recall the last time I saw a disc golfer at any disc golf course ... more

eric wernet    May 17, 2011 at 6:54am

Dan - You really need to lay off erock on this. There WAS a thread that he was referring to that was very damning towards the course installation from an outside source (an upset park goer), not a disc golfer. The thread has been deleted from its original position. I believe he was simply wondering what the view point was from a DISC GOLFER'S point of view, not the complaining citizen. Please don't assume every time someone asks for additional information it is an attempt to slam anyone.

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    May 16, 2011 at 8:32pm

we still need some more volenteering to make the back 9 playable. we're really close to opening up the back 9, but we'll always have the need for volenteers. So erock216, will we see you out there in an upcomming saturday work day?? Anyone else feel like helping us out, your more than welcome. Our club welcomes everyone who wants to help. Saturday mornings are our normal working day. We start early and play a round afterwards. Look forward to seeing you all out there soon.

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    May 16, 2011 at 8:28pm

erock216 wrote "not sure of the who", well you must of read or heard it from someone. but you remember all the slamming but not the person (s) doing the slamming of PLDGc. And since there's no proof of this slamming, just your heresay. I'd suggest you just mind your own buisness and let everything play out. I personally thank you for your concern but ......The club president, Mr. Steve Godar and park liason Mr. Bill Griffith said everything is fine. That's all I need to hear. As for the beer ... more

erock 216    May 16, 2011 at 1:24pm

thats good news. played the front last year. can't wait to play the back!

Dan Clark    May 16, 2011 at 11:16am

Everything's fine I talked to Steve who is in charge of the club he said, "I have had a meeting with concerned parties and the state park managers. PLDGA is all good to go"

erock 216    May 16, 2011 at 9:43am

not sure of the who. they basically accused you guys of trashing the park (beer cans) and clear cutting without permission. they said that the mayor or the park director was pissed. meetings were scheduled and the course could get pulled.

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    May 15, 2011 at 2:10pm

Well" EROCK", since you brought it up. Who said what?

erock 216    May 15, 2011 at 1:09pm

i think that the thread was deleted.

mike scarpitti    May 14, 2011 at 10:48pm

links not working

erock 216    May 14, 2011 at 11:56am

someone is on dgcr causing trouble. again. is any of this true?

Carl Peterson    May 5, 2011 at 9:03pm

The forecast is for no rain this Saturday morning (May 7) so clearing is scheduled at the Portage Lakes Disc Golf Course from 8:30 to 12:00. As usual, we'll play a round afterward. We will be working on hole 14, clearing brush to the alternate tee site. Clearing is also needed on the 16th fairway and the path between 15 and 16.