Portage Lakes DGC

Akron, Ohio     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions

Eric Bauer    July 10, 2011 at 9:29pm

Evan and I pulled some discs out of the water on #14 and #5 today. Dan Clark's R-Pro Pig, Mike Unger's Champion Roadrunner, Billy Houston's Star Stingray, Jon D's Star Destroyer and a no name nuke. We will bring them on Thursday.

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    July 2, 2011 at 2:32pm

we tried unsucessfully to get an orange disc this past thursday (Don't know if it was yours or not, but if has your name and a contact #, we'll do our best to contact you). I hope people don't throw the nice sticks we have near the shore into the lake (for retreaving discs) like they do in Canton.

Michael Stonestreet    July 1, 2011 at 3:20pm

Lost White Pro Starfire on hole 15, skipped by pin and into the water on my drive.

Jon DeCapua    July 1, 2011 at 12:03pm

lost white/gray star destroyer on hole 5, thought it was parked. must have gone in the water.

Dan Hill    July 1, 2011 at 12:51am

I have a few discs in the water on holes 14 and 16. A glow nuke, ch leopard and orange z crush. I'll reward whoever finds any of them.

Dan Hill    June 23, 2011 at 12:43am

Played the back 9 today for the first time. All I have to say is you guys all did a really great job! There's still a little bit of brush that could be cleared out but nothing serious, I'd consider it my favorite 18 in Ohio now. Multiple lines to follow, but very precise golf shots. Thank you and Congrats to you all on making a great disc golf course. It was WELL worth the wait.

Nino Deiulis    June 21, 2011 at 4:31pm

Lost a disc on hole 7, a Blue/Green tie-dye Star SL. Yes, that's right, one of the most open holes on the course. I threw it a little high and to the right and it hit the 3rd or 4th tree up. I have no freakin idea where it went. I looked for at least 45 minutes. Please call if found.

Carl Peterson    June 16, 2011 at 8:22pm

Work day Saturday 6/18 (8:30 to 11:00). We will clear the former swampy area on 15 near the basket and also clear and move brush further back on the left side of the dogleg on 15. Also, the tee area on 11 needs to have poison ivy and brush removed and weeds need to be wacked everywhere on the back nine. We will play all 18 afterward. Come early and clear your own routes!

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    June 14, 2011 at 7:19am

thanks, Matt.

Matt Dungan    June 14, 2011 at 5:43am

The course layout is now updated to the full 18 on here.

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    June 13, 2011 at 8:57pm

??, how would one go about doing something like that?

katie meloy    June 13, 2011 at 2:42pm

Roger, I saw that someone else had asked recently as well. Not that my score was fabulous by any means, but I did make it over the water hole from the long (:

Dan Clark    June 13, 2011 at 2:18pm

On the info tab I did course corrections about a week ago and nothing's changed. I think Matt has tried too.

katie meloy    June 13, 2011 at 12:32pm

Any one know if the new course layout has been submitted for posting scores?

Tom Randau    June 11, 2011 at 6:06pm

The back 9 has the potential with more clearing and time to make this course the best i've played in NE Ohio. Awesome work to who all was involved. I was never a big fan of this course mainly because of ridiculously long and lots of trees and in the fair ways. There are still small trees that need and should go on the front but the back makes up for alot. It was hard playing through a jungle today but well worth it. There are a couple holes however i feel could've been make into two holes. Had fun and would love to play again.

Carl Peterson    June 8, 2011 at 10:01pm

Outstanding work, and thank you to everyone who helped get the back nine in! Even so, let's plan on a work day on Saturday Jun. 11, 8:30 to 11:00, and play 18 afterward.

Dan Clark    June 8, 2011 at 8:52pm

Back nine is in and playable.. be sure to have a spotter and wear pants

Carl Peterson    June 2, 2011 at 8:54pm

Work day, Sat. June 4 (8:30 - 11:30). The focus will be on setting tee pads and signs on the back nine and moving the brush piles to widen #16's fairway. Stick around afterward to play a round!

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    May 28, 2011 at 9:04pm

i worked a couple hours after everyone left today. sorry that I wasn't there @ 8:30 like we planned. But I wanted to attend the dedication of Schneider park DGC. I don't know if anyone knows this or not, but if anyone sees Matt Dungan or Carl Peterson down at Portage Lakes or any where else for that matter, thank them. If it wasn't for thier hunger to get this DGC completed, this could of been a 5 year project. We still have a little to go. But I wanted to THANK MATT and CARL ... more

Matt Dungan    May 27, 2011 at 10:28pm

I say we start by cleaning up the fallen tree on 6 (that sucker is huge!) since it makes that hole unplayable. Then we'll go from there. See you guys in the morning.