Portage Lakes DGC

Akron, Ohio     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions

Carl Peterson    June 16, 2011 at 8:22pm

Work day Saturday 6/18 (8:30 to 11:00). We will clear the former swampy area on 15 near the basket and also clear and move brush further back on the left side of the dogleg on 15. Also, the tee area on 11 needs to have poison ivy and brush removed and weeds need to be wacked everywhere on the back nine. We will play all 18 afterward. Come early and clear your own routes!

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    June 14, 2011 at 7:19am

thanks, Matt.

Matt Dungan    June 14, 2011 at 5:43am

The course layout is now updated to the full 18 on here.

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    June 13, 2011 at 8:57pm

??, how would one go about doing something like that?

katie meloy    June 13, 2011 at 2:42pm

Roger, I saw that someone else had asked recently as well. Not that my score was fabulous by any means, but I did make it over the water hole from the long (:

Dan Clark    June 13, 2011 at 2:18pm

On the info tab I did course corrections about a week ago and nothing's changed. I think Matt has tried too.

katie meloy    June 13, 2011 at 12:32pm

Any one know if the new course layout has been submitted for posting scores?

Tommy Milkshake Randau    June 11, 2011 at 6:06pm

The back 9 has the potential with more clearing and time to make this course the best i've played in NE Ohio. Awesome work to who all was involved. I was never a big fan of this course mainly because of ridiculously long and lots of trees and in the fair ways. There are still small trees that need and should go on the front but the back makes up for alot. It was hard playing through a jungle today but well worth it. There are a couple holes however i feel could've been make into two holes. Had fun and would love to play again.

Carl Peterson    June 8, 2011 at 10:01pm

Outstanding work, and thank you to everyone who helped get the back nine in! Even so, let's plan on a work day on Saturday Jun. 11, 8:30 to 11:00, and play 18 afterward.

Dan Clark    June 8, 2011 at 8:52pm

Back nine is in and playable.. be sure to have a spotter and wear pants

Carl Peterson    June 2, 2011 at 8:54pm

Work day, Sat. June 4 (8:30 - 11:30). The focus will be on setting tee pads and signs on the back nine and moving the brush piles to widen #16's fairway. Stick around afterward to play a round!

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    May 28, 2011 at 9:04pm

i worked a couple hours after everyone left today. sorry that I wasn't there @ 8:30 like we planned. But I wanted to attend the dedication of Schneider park DGC. I don't know if anyone knows this or not, but if anyone sees Matt Dungan or Carl Peterson down at Portage Lakes or any where else for that matter, thank them. If it wasn't for thier hunger to get this DGC completed, this could of been a 5 year project. We still have a little to go. But I wanted to THANK MATT and CARL for all their l ... more

Matt Dungan    May 27, 2011 at 10:28pm

I say we start by cleaning up the fallen tree on 6 (that sucker is huge!) since it makes that hole unplayable. Then we'll go from there. See you guys in the morning.

Carl Peterson    May 25, 2011 at 9:58pm

We have a work day on Saturday, May 28, from 8:30 to 12:00, with a round of golf afterward.

Areas that still need work include: Move brush piles to widen #16. Take down marked trees on #9, 14 and 15. Cut up fallen trees on #18 and 6. Dig basket holes on #14, 15 and #16 (the State will do the others, once it stops raining). Set the bricks on the back 9 tees.

We have enough concrete for about 4 baskets. If you can pick up broken bags at Home Depot/Lowes, etc. for 1/2 price, that would help. We need about 15 more 60-80 lb. bags.

Matt Dungan    May 20, 2011 at 6:26pm

I'm bringing two,my homade one is taller and will work good for 13 and 17

Carl Peterson    May 20, 2011 at 5:07pm

Three baskets for a day. Sounds good!

Matt Dungan    May 20, 2011 at 10:50am

Cool, I'll bring mine also

Dan Clark    May 20, 2011 at 8:23am

I'm bringing my portable and Matt might bring his so we can play the first few of the back in succession.

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    May 20, 2011 at 7:24am

do u want me to bring my portable so we can play the back 9 some more?

Carl Peterson    May 19, 2011 at 10:13pm

We have a work day on Saturday May 21, from 8:30 to 12:00, with a round of golf afterward. If you haven't seen the back nine, I think you will be impressed by the potential, especially #14 through #18. These are going to be 5 great closing holes!

Areas that still need work include: Move brush piles to widen #16. Take down marked trees on #9 through #15. Cut up fallen tree on #18. Dig basket holes on #15 and #16.