Lakeshore

Ypsilanti, Michigan     1 course · 30 holes     Driving directions

Geoffrey Johnson    July 16, 2011 at 6:20pm

that explains quite a few mysteries....

Geoffrey Johnson    July 16, 2011 at 5:36pm

i think the water varies in color from what direction you look at it.... like that weird paint on cars that changes color

Geoffrey Johnson    July 16, 2011 at 5:31pm

cha!

Geoffrey Johnson    July 16, 2011 at 5:26pm

can marine life even survive in that purple water?

Trevor "Doppler" Dixon    July 16, 2011 at 5:22pm

live from the lakeshore ponds

Geoffrey Johnson    July 16, 2011 at 5:18pm

<--------------guilty

Trevor "Doppler" Dixon    July 16, 2011 at 5:16pm

who throws a disc in the water?

Jamie Mosier    July 16, 2011 at 5:05pm

Just don't throw in the pond and there would be no issues

Geoffrey Johnson    July 16, 2011 at 4:56pm

good point.... Plus its shark week next week....coincidence....? I think not

Wade TF    July 16, 2011 at 4:52pm

Signs are posted. It reads 'Do NOT enter the pond'. End of story.

Wade TF    July 16, 2011 at 4:51pm

I've removed a couple gators from the pond already. Sharks are more fierce.

Geoffrey Johnson    July 16, 2011 at 4:46pm

Put a gator in the pond....

Mike Manard    July 16, 2011 at 4:07pm

I assumed the shop phone number would've rang inside the closed shop and wasn't going to just leave them lying on the steps, especially if I expected to be back the following week anyway. It takes me 40 minutes to get to your course, so it's not exactly convenient to "just drop by" on another day. I also managed to contact three of the owners already (phone numbers inked on the back), who plan to pick them up from the Throw Shop after I drop them off tomorrow. I don&# ... more

Jesse Whitlock    July 16, 2011 at 3:06pm

One posted sign or being informed prior to entering the fenced area constitutes entering private property. All rules can be enforced and the violating parties may be asked to leave or vacate the afore mentioned posted property on the violation of trespassing! This can be enforced by property management, security and/or law enforcement as constituted by Michigan and federal legislation!

Mike Manard    July 16, 2011 at 3:02pm

I don't think yelling at people is the way to get everyone on the same side. I think most of us just want to get our discs back, and your condescending tone is only going to make people resent you and/or refuse to participate in the lost & found (to which I am not objecting). Threatening them is definitely going to invoke a negative reaction. I am bringing back found discs (I only have them still because the shop was closed) and hoping my Buzzz shows up (#38985 inked on inside of the ... more

Corey Kieft    July 16, 2011 at 2:15pm

So your saying if you put one of your own discs in your not allowed to go in for your own disc? **** that.

Mike Manard    July 16, 2011 at 12:48pm

Look, I'm not going to sit here and argue about this any longer. As I've already mentioned, I am returning a few discs when I come to Night Moose doubles tomorrow (assuming I can still make it; my girlfriend has been on the phone all morning regarding a death in the family), so I'm obviously trying to follow course conventions. I just don't understand your accusations of "unruliness" for breaking rules that are counter-intuitive and not posted. I would've be ... more

Mike Manard    July 16, 2011 at 12:22pm

If post signs, you should note that you run a lost-and-found for unmarked discs. Personally, I never would have assumed that an unmarked disc would actually make it back to his owner.

Mike "Papa Par" Even    July 16, 2011 at 12:09pm

Not trying to stoke the fire, but I don't recall I have ever seen a sign saying you cannot enter the water, or any other section of the course. I can vouch for Wade, he does a great job of returning discs (speaking from my own personal experience as well). I am in no form a lawyer, but I think tress passing laws in Michigan state you have to have signs marked clearly and something like a sign posted every 100 ft. I could be wrong though, but I'm pretty sure. Maybe a disc golfing lawyer could chime in :P

Mike Manard    July 16, 2011 at 11:56am

I'm trying to be constructive here and you're just angry. I have always gone after my disc if it fell in the pond, and Sunday was the first time I'd ever heard about it being supposedly forbidden. It seems counter-intuitive to me that this would not be allowed.