Fallasburg Park

Lowell, Michigan     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions

Dorcey Crank    October 11 at 7:34pm

Lost a yellow avair yeti pro at the practice basket. There's a craft brew for the guy that gets it back to me

Amy Markel    October 11 at 6:25pm

Hole 14's basket is in the lower position.

Fred Vocino   October 12 at 10:18am

Some will enjoy the change. Thanks for the effort.

adam bell   October 13 at 5:37am

Xadam bell just now We need to move it. When I chose that pin location it wasn't in the middle of the river. Our foot traffic created the water runoff so I moved it up on the hill. I understand that its dangerous during the winter so we should find a location that works year round or move the lower left or right 20-50' out of the path if the Water.

Fred Vocino   October 13 at 10:00am

A third way may be the answer. With that terrain, a no-hill / no-water spot will be a challenge. If you set something up to change the design/pin location, I can bring my chainsaw and help.

M Brockmyre    October 8 at 3:45pm

Hey, Fred, we have 3 mgms at Fright Night in Saugatuck. Hope you can make it 4!

Fred Vocino   October 9 at 9:59am

Night play is trouble...but the effort in Benton Harbor looks worthwhile. I'll try that one. Thanks.

M Brockmyre    October 8 at 3:39pm

G&Gs! don't forget the Temporary Insanity tournament in Benton Harbor on 19th. The tourney page says that if 50 people attend, the cities will install a permanent course in Benton Harbor and St. Joseph! Sweet! Get the word out! Two new courses!

Fred Vocino    September 28 at 10:18am

Hole#16 had a modest change in the tangled plants to the right about 200'. That space has some preserved native species. Olive stumps remain for the time being. The progress represents about 6 hours (1 person) with chainsaw. Guage future efforts as 5 return visits by 1 person with chainsaw. 2 visits by 4 or more persons should get #16 into "garden" status.

Fred Vocino   September 28 at 7:34pm

The LEFT is the side that got trimmed. My next offer will be aimed at the right bank.

Eric Austin   October 4 at 4:48pm

I'm definitely on board with the adopt a hole idea. I'll be checking out the work you did on 16 tomorrow at FRDGA winter leagues. Appreciate the effort, and my apologies if any of our previous correspondance was out of line.

Fred Vocino   October 7 at 5:06pm

Loyalty to your league and course was a natural part of your reaction to my comments. Apologies are unnecessary in these cases where we have shared interests but an imperfect way to meet objectives. A few more years of improvements should give us even more to say about the course when we travel far. Detroit on Sunday was the last time I recommended Fallasburg to folks curious about West-Mi.

Fred Vocino    September 22 at 12:33pm

Saturday Sept. 27 at 10am at Fallasburg - Hole #16 will be having a cutting to remove Russian Olive bushes and otherwise improve the design and flow of areas off the fareway. Some of the plants are already tagged for removal. Others will be taken if dead/fallen or hazards that are irrelevant to the flight paths. Volunteers are welcome. A chain saw and other implements will be there. However, more tools and removal containers may be useful.

Kyle Austin   September 22 at 1:01pm

Saw the tags this weekend. Who's organizing this?

Fred Vocino   September 23 at 10:23am

M.Durco, B.Good, and A.Markel were contacted. I was then asked to concentrate on Olives, including those on #16. My tags ran out, so the work my be partly represented. If what you saw tagged does not look corrrect, you could advise me of that. I am set to go at it on Sat., even on my own.

Andrea Craffey    September 2 at 12:24am

To the ladies that found my car key..... THANK YOU!!! I so badly want to thank you in person because you girls seriously saved my ass. (It was not one of my proudest moments.) I owe everyone that helped us out that day (including the brunette that graciously handed over her Powerade) a huge thank you! You guys are good people. Thanks a ton!!!!!!

Andrea Craffey    August 27 at 4:08pm

Maybe its just me but I've been noticing an increase in litter on the course. (Cans and bottles in particular) There are trash cans at every hole so this is inexcusable. Pick up your trash and for the greater good, pick up the bottles the ****s left behind. Let's be civilized human beings. Please.

Nate Upton   August 27 at 4:43pm

Amen!

Amy Markel    August 25 at 5:44pm

Trees were removed on hole 18 because they were dead. It was the parks people who did it out of concern for public saftey. The stuff on hole 8 was removed due to bees & being an invasive species.

Fred Vocino   August 25 at 8:50pm

Thanks Amy. I had my doubts that the cuts were made by disc golf enthusiasts in an attempt to improve the design of those holes. I am sorry that I took the bait offered by a couple of loyal league members who suggested the cuts were attributed to league leadership.

Steve Hatter   August 25 at 11:48pm

It would be cool to come up with an alternative to just not having it there... Some sort of man made barrier.. or possibly an OB garden/sand pit? I miss the tree in the center of the fairway on 4 as well

Fred Vocino   August 26 at 9:59am

I am in favor of defined OBs as a way to add risk and consequences to the design of a course. Materials cost and adding new objects of vandalism can be a concern. Re-arranging rocks and fallen trees could be part of a plan to retain the sporting challenges eliminated by nature or park officials. An end of season or start of season work plan would be a good time for me to join in the work/fun.

Fred Vocino    August 25 at 11:24am

Played here yesterday...sawing has been done to hole 8 and 18. The effort to dismantle legitimate obstacles should have been directed to the garbage growth found on the course. Was that a rouge operation or some misguided community group at work?

Andrea Craffey   September 2 at 12:13am

Jesus!!! Stop bitching at one another on here and call the damn park. Lawyers??? Really Fred? Don't think this is cool hand Luke here, buddy. I've already talked to him about the use of spray paint and he was thrilled to hear someone was taking in interest in the course. I'll call and talk to th ... more

adam bell   September 2 at 6:10am

Lol "the little red flags that appeared to be shot locations designed for very young players"

Fred Vocino   September 2 at 1:23pm

So far, my wish to be involved in an effort acceptable to the community of disc-golfers has produced responses with anger. (Amy Markel, without animosity, did confirm my original view that the recent cuts were not made by someone carrying out the wishes of the DG community.) I remain committed to he ... more

Steve Hatter    August 6 at 7:16pm

Left a glow escape either on 1 or 4 on monday... downpour made us move faster.. must have slipped my mind

Nate Upton   August 6 at 9:58pm

Its a Swedish thing, they forget quickly, lol

Fred Vocino    August 1 at 9:38pm

#16 is a well designed long hole made ridiculous by sections that only function as disc-swallowers and leg shredders. Just off the fairway to the right of the short tee is a gnarly mess of tree and bushes where someone deposited the refuse they took from some other clump (thanks...I guess). Somewhere in that vicinity is the purple Crank I lost this evening. I'd like the disc back; but, more than that, I'd like to join any work crew that forms for the purpose of turning #16 into a hole that is just demanding of my skill not my blood and plastic.

Fred Vocino   August 8 at 11:19am

Thanks...that's a good way to cope with the issue. It will shift my concern for myself to my helpful friend. I'd rather get folks to help with the clearing of pointless ground cover. I expect that some folks think that the constant threat of losing a disc is part of the game. I'd rather lose a strok ... more

Eric Austin   August 14 at 1:55pm

I've played Fallasburg 4-5 times a week for the last 4 years and have never lost a disc on hole 16 or any other hole.

Fred Vocino   August 14 at 9:34pm

Congratulations...we can probably agree that resolving my issue would have no effect on your perfect record.

Dave Nyhuis    July 18 at 12:27pm

A buddy and I are planning on going out to Fallasburg tonight, around 6:00 PM to play. There aren't any leagues on Friday nights, are there?

Steve Hatter   July 18 at 12:43pm

if there is, it wouldn't be a very large one. have a good round!

Dave Nyhuis   July 18 at 1:08pm

Awesome, thanks Steve!

Dave Nyhuis    July 11 at 8:39pm

I found a disc on hole 5, in the woods on the left side of the fairway. If you can identify it, I'll get it back to you!

Dave Nyhuis   July 11 at 10:29pm

It is neither a predator nor a Mako!

Kyle Austin   July 28 at 12:44pm

Hey, just taking a shot in the dark here. I lost a light orange ESP Nuke on the left of 5 quite a while ago. Was that your find?

Dave Nyhuis   July 28 at 3:16pm

No, it was a factory-dyed Innova Teebird. Turns out it belonged to Brad Robinson (see first comment). It has already been returned. Sorry man, good luck in your search!

Ben S    July 4 at 10:56pm

Lost: glow wraith. Hole 2. Left side.

Corey Matthysse    July 3 at 1:22pm

Lost a Purple GStar Mamba on hole 16 near the first major opening. It's my goto disc, anyone finds it message me on here. There is no ink on it.

Christopher Hedger   July 3 at 2:57pm

Corey matthysse.... Shouldn't you stick to real golf? Lol

Corey Matthysse   September 4 at 1:45pm

hahahaha!

Corey Matthysse   September 4 at 1:46pm

I was a little late on that, we should meet up sometime and throw

adam bell    June 21 at 8:57am

We are looking for Fallasburg related discs or minis please😊

Brandon Schmuker   June 21 at 9:51am

My buddy has a disc from the Winter League from 2013 and he was wondering what it was. Looks like a soft magnet or apx

Nate Upton   June 21 at 1:08pm

Its a soft magnet.

adam bell   June 22 at 1:22pm

Both are great discs but no thanks.

Jerrid Warner    June 12 at 10:17pm

Left a gold double stamp (misprint) Fury out there somewhere. I'm sure it's in the open somewhere. Would love to get it back. Name and number is on it. leave a message.

Tim P    June 11 at 12:53pm

Lost pink Orc in back woods/river on 16

Chris Markel    May 7 at 5:27pm

Left a black RFF Wizard on Monday with a red Fallasburg Winter League stamps on it. If found please turn into the FRDGA Monday night League. Thank you

David Laughter   May 7 at 9:22pm

matt blocksma posted on facebook discoholics the he found a black putter on monday

Chris Markel   May 19 at 12:50pm

It was returned. Thank you.