summit dga

Est. 2010 • Dedicated to the promotion and expantion of Disc Golf in Ohio

Ryan B    June 1, 2011 at 10:55am

I should be able to come out Saturday and bring a basket. I think.

eric centanni    May 10, 2011 at 11:08am

WHERE ALL THE MASTERS AT?!!!!

eric centanni    April 14, 2011 at 11:43pm

yeah ryan "the hoff" b. its just like hitting up those mountain bike trails, standard clean up you busted up more than a few of those stumps last saturday. just making it enjoyable to traverse the inlet for the long hole 12 is finished thanks to the guys at the parks system. they will be helping us with clearing, using the tractors, brush hog and wood chipper. the ground is a bit too soggy to get the equipment back there for now, so until then we need to open it up as much as po ... more

eric wernet    April 14, 2011 at 9:45pm

Love those hole descriptions! You are making this an enticing add to my disc golfing trips. Hudson might really start to play to my game instead of just being a wide open, long throwers paradise, you might actually have to bring your game with you! Well done Summit DGA!

Ryan B    April 14, 2011 at 9:23pm

Any big trees still on the ground in the way? I was too busy at work today to come out.

eric centanni    April 14, 2011 at 7:29pm

I got about 3 solid hours of course work in today, if anyone wants to walk the new holes or take it upon themselves to do some clean up here ya go. Current holes 13 14 15 16 and 18 will be removed. Hole 12 will be tucked into the woods across the creek putting the D at about 430. The pin location is marked by a post and caution tape. From there walk 100ft north to a tee pad marked by flags look up the hill east. The new hole 13 is about 330 up hill with a 90 degree turn right. The pin will be h ... more

Mitch Renwick    April 14, 2011 at 1:36pm

had an idea, we were talking about how 8, 10, 11, and the new 18 could really use some trees. Anyone know anything about transplanting? maybe we could dig up some of the trees where we are clearing and transplant them to the bare areas? I'm sure we would have to get park approval, it would be a lot of work but the cost would be close to $0, especially compared to buying new trees.

Greg Platt    April 12, 2011 at 9:43pm

Nothing but good things,coming from Hudson,the course is improving,and the club is growing.Mad props to Katie,and Eric,keep up the good work!!

eric centanni    April 12, 2011 at 1:36pm

Lots of stump removal. Picks and axes needed.

eric centanni    April 12, 2011 at 1:30pm

Yes, there is plenty to do. I got a lot done today on new 13, there is now a defined Fairway. There is a lot of standard clean up to be done and plenty of shule to cut out. Nino d. Mitch r and Greg p. Have a good idea of what is going on. So for any major cuts refer to them. I will be out often so most major decisions should be done. The extra clean up will need done.

Nino Deiulis    April 12, 2011 at 12:13am

Can't help then, but next time you have a weekend workday, I'll try to help again. Is there stuff that I or others can do in our own spare time when you're not there? I wouldn't want myself or anyone else to tear up stuff that is meant to stay so let us know if there's stuff we can do when we are out there.

eric centanni    April 11, 2011 at 10:40pm

i will be out at hudson on tuesday and thursday cleaning up the new holes from 10am to 1pm. if anyone has the opportunity to make it out in the mornings feel free to come on out and help. there is still alot to be done.

Nino Deiulis    April 9, 2011 at 8:20pm

Lots of work done on the new holes today. 2 holes have had a lot of clearing done and have defined fairways. Stumps will still need to be taken care of and plenty of work still needs done on them, but what a great start! Mitch had the idea, If we can get the other 2 holes cleared out as much as we did today then we could all get our portable practice baskets and play a round using the new holes. Maybe a scramble?

eric centanni    April 9, 2011 at 12:10am

sorry, the previous post said we will have scrambles at hudson at 2pm... correction... summit sponsored scrambles will be cancelled, we will all be going to medinas pre-tournament random draw doubles at 3pm.

we will still be out earlier in the day working on the course.

Ryan B    April 8, 2011 at 1:06pm

Dang, I really wanted to help with this but I'll be out clearing mountain bike trails at that time.

eric centanni    April 8, 2011 at 1:05pm

we need chainsaws, axes, large pruners ( 1" +) , i have a huge stack of gloves,wear long sleaves and pants.

eric centanni    April 8, 2011 at 1:02pm

the back nine redesign is finalized.

katie and i will begin clearing tomorrow at about 11am. all volunteers are welcome and the club will buy pizza for everyone who shows up to help.

sorry for the short notice

Nino Deiulis    March 23, 2011 at 9:57pm

Thanks Ryan, I just ordered a glow Aviar online. But now I have to wait for it. :( bummer.

Ryan B    March 23, 2011 at 9:20pm

Nino, the glow Aviar is great. It might be my favorite plastic for Aviars. All the Gateway putters come in glow too. They used to be some of the best glowing discs, but I heard the newest batch doesn't glow well at all. The good ones are still around, but I don't know how to find them without seeing them in person. I'm still looking for a good glow Wizard.
http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/category/GLO0/Glow-Discs/1.html <<< Glow Discs.

Nino Deiulis    March 23, 2011 at 5:06pm

firstly, Mitchard is an asskisser.
2nd, does the club or anyone have any glow putters? I think I'd probably most rather a glow aviar. any recommendations on glow putters?