pleasure island disc golf club

Est. 2011 • shut up and throw

wayne p    March 25 at 11:29am

Bob from the town will be at our next meeting to discuss new signs. We need to get our new alts on them. We are moving along now that we are putting less effort into trying to help fix Arrowhead. Seems like a waste of time anyway. The new hanover club is busy with all the stuff they have going on so it is on everyone's back burner for now. We will just go back to being glad that we have what we have and play it like it is. It's still better than nothing. Our meeting is next Monday nite the 31st,come if you can. Physh's house.

wayne p   March 29 at 1:20pm

Dave you know as well as i do that this all started the day you were throwing down on a foursome on #1 at the castle.There were plenty of your members there to back this up. When i turned around to ask them to stop you got an attitude and came up with your now infamous (in our club anyway) remark of ... more

wayne p   March 29 at 1:40pm

By the way, when I found out that you were club president, I was truely shocked.

Max ROC   March 29 at 4:48pm

That's right Dave, it has been right at 6 months since you handed over the presidency and all progress on Arrowhead was ceased and moved to the back burner. I do not know the exact relationship with you and Brant, but I have talked with him about Arrowhead on many occasions. Whatever he thinks of th ... more

wayne p    March 2 at 11:40pm

8 is done.Yeeeeeeeeeee Hiiiiiiiii.

wayne p    January 31 at 11:12pm

workday tomorrow, 9:30 or whenever you can get there. we will be on #8.

wayne p    January 29 at 12:24pm

Well January is almost over. It's been a great month. Club participation is up and a few even seem to have a renewed feeling for the game. Looks like it's gonna be a good year. Welcome to our new members, let's have fun all year.

Mark P   January 30 at 10:13am

Thanks Wayne for all that you do!

wayne p    January 20 at 9:41am

Thanks for checking in Mark. Glad to see people on this site.

Matt Nemmers    January 7, 2014 at 7:27pm

Correct me if I'm wrong: PIDGC is a separate organization from NHCDGC and BCDGC that comprises members from both and conducts it's own tournaments & events? If not....what is it? If so....BONUS! More disc golf for me! :)

wayne p   January 20 at 9:38am

Matt you are correct.The PIDGC is the club that designed, is still developing, and maintaines the Kure Beach course.Yes we have two tournaments a year so far.The "Chainstorm" event is June 7. The "Throw what you know ace run" is Nov 1st or 2nd this year,we'll keep you all updated.

wayne p    December 11, 2013 at 7:23pm

Well guys we are going to get a few more collars for alt baskets at the beach. Our next work day would be Jan. 18th.We can use your help.

Big Wave Dave    December 5, 2013 at 9:37pm

Wayne, Thanks a ton for the call just now. Great talk and i hope what we spoke about can help bring everyone together for the good of a common goal. getting arrowhead in the best shape if can be.

wayne p    December 5, 2013 at 7:44pm

Our monthly is Sunday and there will be hot dogs in between rounds. See ya there 9:30

wayne p    December 5, 2013 at 7:42pm

.Dave, first of all we also want an honest open conversation about the Arrowhead Park fix. It is our honest opinion that this course was a design disaster at the beginning. When CDL was" in the drivers seat", so to speak, Brant and I managed to get 17 and 18 fixed even though we could not cut any trees. Maybe you can fill me in on where the club was then because it was the RUMOR, mind you now I'm not saying it is or is not right , but you were ill about the wall in the castle being torn down and ... more

Big Wave Dave   December 5, 2013 at 9:35pm

Wayne, thanks for posting and keeping it somewhat professional. Your above post is riddled with misinformation. I will try to take them point by point in an effort to finally set some things straight here. While I and the entire NHDGC was bummed that the wall we spent so much time and money on was t ... more

spiderman j    November 6, 2013 at 6:00pm

hope we can take a road trip to stay and play at Johnson street in high point this week end! good luck at the dg meeting tonight, wish they would turn arrow head over to P.I.D.G.C. for a team effort whipping that course into shape! design and develop baby!

Big Wave Dave   December 5, 2013 at 2:26pm

I will bite here guys. And the first thing I want to make clear Is I am hoping this can be an open conversation about your comments Spiderman. I would hope we can keep this civil and professional and I really would like to hear your and Wayneu2019s honest opinions on this matter but, I am not look ... more

Big Wave Dave   December 5, 2013 at 2:27pm

I would like to know why you feel the PIDGC could do a better job of Making arrowhead better than the NHDGC. I would also ask how would your organization work with the New Hanover County Parks Department to be able to do work in a County Park? Would the PIDGC be able to meet the minimum requirement ... more

wayne p    September 28, 2013 at 8:49pm

ok then,we will throw the castle tomorrow,hope some of you come here to comment.wayne

spiderman j    September 22, 2013 at 6:52pm

hate I missed the tag match at kb today, but this site is working.

wayne p    September 22, 2013 at 6:27pm

well it's nov 22nd and this is still working so im gonna have some of you guys come here to see if you can get on.comment back wayne

wayne p   November 27, 2013 at 10:01pm

ok you have to sign up to comment.we are throwing the castle sunday the 1st.see ya there