Thomas "T" D. November 20, 2011 at 8:50pm
As long as it pays down to whatever spot I end up at, I like it!! Only a Cal Bears Fan would go for that, Rob!! See ya Friday with my OREGON DUCKS CAN OF WHOOP-ASS....they left it home yesterday.....
- scottishrob - November 20, 2011 at 1:20pm
I like the idea of rivals but maybe instead of divisions and only one person getting points, we could do a general division and points paid out all the way down so everyone playing can contribute to their team's total.... Anybody got any ideas? Lets get this going, it could be a lot of fun
The "BEAST" Of The Woods November 17, 2011 at 2:30pm
RIVAL CLUBS league starts officially the day of the first event. CCDG has claimed March 3rd 2012 to host a RIVAL CLUBS event, but that may not be the first event, if another club would like to host an event earlier in the year. You may still be able to show your pride for your club by hosting an event for this league or piggy-backing the scoring system on an existing event. Once the scoring begins the rivalry is established and no more clubs may join for the 2012 season.
The "BEAST" Of The Woods November 15, 2011 at 7:52pm
I'm pleased to see that there are 24 people that like the RIVAL CLUBS!!! This is just the beginning.
Justin "ugh massa" Stinson November 4, 2011 at 11:26am
Stoked for the 2012 season let's make the first year run smooth and make all other clubs jealous they didn't make it in the first year!!
The "BEAST" Of The Woods October 31, 2011 at 2:16pm
CCDG Would like to claim March 3rd 2012 as our Home Course RIVAL CLUBS event. CCDG is not yet decided on which course we will host the event but I can assure you it will be a RIVAL CLUBS exclusive event.
The "BEAST" Of The Woods October 21, 2011 at 1:40pm
If you would like to be in the "RIVAL CLUBS" all you need to do is send me or Timmbo a message requesting staff status. We will screen members based on commitment to running an event for your "HOME" club. If you would like to join the league in the 2012 season, just look for "RIVAL CLUBS" events schedule to come out in January 2012 and show up and support your club by competing. This "RIVAL CLUBS" league will be a series of events for points. One event at each clubs "HOME" course and one neutral ... more
If you would like to be in the "RIVAL CLUBS" all you need to do is send me or Timmbo a message requesting staff status. We will screen members based on commitment to running an event for your "HOME" club. If you would like to join the league in the 2012 season, just look for "RIVAL CLUBS" events schedule to come out in January 2012 and show up and support your club by competing. This "RIVAL CLUBS" league will be a series of events for points. One event at each clubs "HOME" course and one neutral site. Singles/stroke play format in 4 divisions (Open, Woman, Masters, Grand Masters) no sand bagging with divisions like that. Points Scoring will be decided on Oct. 29th, but here is an EXAMPLE;
- 4 clubs = 5 events, 4 divisions = 16 possible points per club per event.
- Per division points; 1st place = 4 points (2club/2player), 2nd place = 3 points (1.5club/1.5player), 3rd place = 2 points (1club/1player), 4th place = 1 point (0.5club/0.5player)
- 64 player limit per event (4 clubs x 4 players x 4 divisions = 64) each club may bring 16 players, but 1st place finish in each division is what counts so bring players that fit the divisions. If your club can't bring players that fit each division its your loss since only 1 player from each club can place in each division.
- Players will pay a buy-in of $5-$10 per event, Clubs will be required to put up a minimum $ amount to host each event at that clubs "HOME" course. "HOME" courses must be maintained by that club for a club to claim it as a "HOME" course.
- Trophies for; Total points by club per event( home clubs design), Points leaders in each division for 2012 season, TOTAL CLUB POINTS for 2012 season (engraved & reused each year)
- Prizes for players at each event provided by home club/buy-in at T.D.s discretion.
This "RIVAL CLUBS" league will force players to travel out of their "HOME" course and play against rival clubs on their turf and visa-versa. Ultimately improving turn-out and club relations by association. How cool will it be when your club takes the event trophy from a rival club on their turf with your division win?