Portland Oregon Metro Area Players
Mateo of Hylton Baskets December 9, 2010 at 11:37pm
GREENWAY DGC is under water!!! by more than a few feet... the creek has over flowed onto the course
Mateo of Hylton Baskets November 27, 2010 at 12:11am
ace race disc link: http://www.pdga.com/tech-standards
Mateo of Hylton Baskets November 23, 2010 at 7:41am
7 acres of trees is in need of some course maintenance ( it has been snowing up here for the past few days ) lots of fallen limbs weighed down from the snow... also tee box #'s 5 & 6 need to be graveled and fairways #6 and #7 have a few piles of shrubbery/limbs that could use clearing... (they are neatly stacked). * i have the gravel but due to the elevation of the tee boxes that need it... i can't get the gator or tractor to them (the nearest i can get the machines is about 30f ... more
7 acres of trees is in need of some course maintenance ( it has been snowing up here for the past few days ) lots of fallen limbs weighed down from the snow... also tee box #'s 5 & 6 need to be graveled and fairways #6 and #7 have a few piles of shrubbery/limbs that could use clearing... (they are neatly stacked).
* i have the gravel but due to the elevation of the tee boxes that need it... i can't get the gator or tractor to them (the nearest i can get the machines is about 30ft to them) i have 3 wheel barrels and the gator has a lift bed on it... the tractor to load the gravel into the bed of the gator.
* the shrubbery/limbs will be the hardest work (they will have to be dragged out by hand) a truck is provided on the land to load... a PTO driven wood chipper is provided as well and the plan is to eventually spread the chips around the basket locations.
* some trees have been falled so if u need fire wood bring a chainsaw to cut them up if u want the wood... plus u can take some of the bigger limbs for fire kindling too.
Ewing Young is in need of hole #2's tee box sign.
* I have remade the sign for the 3rd time... ( as somehow it kept getting broken/ripped out of the ground)? concrete is provided all that is needed is for it to be put into the ground.
* 4 of the trash buckets are in bad shape/broken ( need replacing i have 2 that i can donate )
* the bench by tee box #7 has been broken and eventually will need replacing
* spray paint on tee boxes #'s 2 and #7 need to be removed/cleaned
Horning's Hide Out (signs)
* All 3 course map signs need to be mounted for Highlands, Canyon, and Meadow Ridge (ask Bob http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000923715269 .... PLEASE DO NOT SPAM HIM OR BOTHER HIM IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO HELP) he asked us a few weeks ago as to our thoughts to where he should put the signs... ( keep in mind of festival events as they take place not just disc golf) so traffic flow is a concern to the signage placement.
Hag lake/Sain Scoggins... TBA...
* There is talk about P.O.M.A.P. taking on some up keep and care duties of this course ( Future projects will be announced )
course info can be found at: http://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Sain_Scoggins
Champoeg (state park)
* hole # 6's short pin location sleeve has been ran over by the mower... ( making only the long pin location playable) the sleeve may be salvageable if some one has a crow bar and muscle to round out the upper lip of the inner part of the sleeve's diameter i believe it can be saved w/ out a new sleeve and concrete... otherwise you can contact the park via this link: http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_113.php
* Park is almost finalized w/ the new lay out... we once fought hard and long to keep this park here and over the past 3 years it's had 4 different layouts constant vandalism etc... finally there are porta-pottys trash cans 9 tee boxes and 9 baskets... new signage is needed to finalize the course... you can get a hold of brody as i no longer live in that area: http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile/1885 or the park rec depot: http://www.thprd.org/ for further info needed
Thanks for your time on reading this info
Matt Hylton (503) 484 6969
Andy Verhoeven April 24, 2010 at 10:25am
Left my Surge that has the my ass logo on it, It was left up on the driveway at Hornings on hole 1 of the canyon course. If you see it please get it back to me I would like the disc back.
Mateo of Hylton Baskets March 27, 2010 at 2:13pm
so we are going out to hornings around noon for seth's birth day bbq party... bring beer and something to grill up ohh and yous disc's too ;)
Mateo of Hylton Baskets March 5, 2010 at 6:00am
andy are those dates still avail? if so lets do it!!!
Mateo of Hylton Baskets March 5, 2010 at 5:57am
thanx Garrett!!! for the support can you provide the much needed info for the people not knowing how to get to the shop? also are you guys still affiliated w/ ski schalet? or am i wrong on that?
Garrett Shields February 18, 2010 at 2:36pm
Hello all I just opened up a box of disccraft and we got in the NUKE Esp "first run " in 170 & 172 we have 2 of each.... all they had sorry. If you show me your POMAP tag i will sell you one at $18.00 but you have to tell me how is flys I cant get out till sat and I need to know.
Mateo of Hylton Baskets November 18, 2009 at 6:12am
Horning's 3rd course official Grand opening should be a blast... andy if im not in jail can u please take me up their w/ you... my court date is on the 25th... and it looks like im gonna do 2 days jail or 80 hrs of work crew...
Andy Verhoeven August 21, 2009 at 4:16am
might have two more will see.. come one the one that are left...... I am willing to play all winter lets rock this and have some fun....
Andy Verhoeven August 21, 2009 at 4:02am
So we need 6 more.... including me here are the dates you need so that we can put together Team POMAP!!!
Tentative dates are as follows:
Dates subject to change
you need to be able to play them all I think.... come on team pomap... our home course is Highlands HH
Mateo of Hylton Baskets August 20, 2009 at 2:38pm
PLEASE DONT PLAY FOR TAGS UNTIL AFTER I GET THE CORRECT ASSIGNMENTS TO THE CORRECT PEOPLE THANX.
Mateo of Hylton Baskets August 20, 2009 at 12:21am
please let me know if everyone has the correct tags.... i've been out camping at horning's hideout for the last 3 days and came home to find "9" submited matches... i approved them all so contact me if there are any errors.
Mary Sharinghousen August 17, 2009 at 7:21pm
There is a DG tournament here in La Grande this weekend, Sunday the 23rd. Pre-registration is $10, day of is $15. I've included the link. Let me know if anyone is going to come out for this! It's the first annual!
Elliot Leuthold June 12, 2009 at 1:06pm
Hey POMAP peeps... I dont know if anyone is interested but I think I may be heading to PIR for the Rose Cup Races this weekend. Saturday has a deal $10 for a car full of people. Anyone down? I'm thinking beer, burgers, brats, babes... oh yeah racing too! I think it could be fun! Hit me up if you wanna come
Mateo of Hylton Baskets May 31, 2009 at 9:39pm
today mike, chris, elliot and i went up to the private course and knocked out more of the fairways holes #1-6.. graveled teebox #6 and cleared fairways holes #13-14.
Mateo of Hylton Baskets May 13, 2009 at 12:06am
good rounds today at tue duces @ orchard. nick, jonesy, beck, mike, troy and my self showed up from the club... not bad 3 of us even placed nick,jonesy and i... awesome fun times!!!
Mateo of Hylton Baskets April 29, 2009 at 5:54am
i just realized that in the last 4 months i have played almost every day only missing 20 some odd days since the 1st of the year... and i am currently on my 30th straight day of playing a minimum of one round per day. im so hooked!!! over just barely past one full year of playing i have lost 32 pounds lol from playing i have the same passion for d-golf as i do for my 23 years of sk8'n. however i have retired from my sk8'n carrier as im getting old. sk8'n over 2/3 my life has ... more
i just realized that in the last 4 months i have played almost every day only missing 20 some odd days since the 1st of the year... and i am currently on my 30th straight day of playing a minimum of one round per day.
im so hooked!!! over just barely past one full year of playing i have lost 32 pounds lol from playing i have the same passion for d-golf as i do for my 23 years of sk8'n.
however i have retired from my sk8'n carrier as im getting old. sk8'n over 2/3 my life has taken its toll on my body and i don't recover as soon from injuries.
d-golf is way easier on my body and offers the same high from the challenges i used to get while sk8'n. playing in these leagues and tournys has never been as stressful as any of the sk8 comps i partaked in. i still get to out and meet awesome people and have my fun.
so i want to say thanks to all that have helped me been kind to me etc and enough of the long story bla bla etc.
to make a long story short i think the weather is gonna be rainy as usual... my arm is pretty sore from playing so much and i just want to spend all day having some beers at the grand lodge and just want to unload my bag in a sheltered covering on the short hole #10 (off the balcony) and have fun, relax and kick it w/ people.
if anyone would like to join hit me up. i'll most likely hit up orchard as that is on the way home. and if anyone needs a ride from greenway let me know and i'll meet you at the albertsons parking lot. take care ;)