Portland Oregon Metro Area Players
Mateo of Hylton Baskets November 23, 2010 at 7:41am
7 acres of trees is in need of some course maintenance ( it has been snowing up here for the past few days ) lots of fallen limbs weighed down from the snow... also tee box #'s 5 & 6 need to be graveled and fairways #6 and #7 have a few piles of shrubbery/limbs that could use clearing... (they are neatly stacked). * i have the gravel but due to the elevation of the tee boxes that need it... i can't get the gator or tractor to them (the nearest i can get the machines is about 30ft to them) i h ... more
7 acres of trees is in need of some course maintenance ( it has been snowing up here for the past few days ) lots of fallen limbs weighed down from the snow... also tee box #'s 5 & 6 need to be graveled and fairways #6 and #7 have a few piles of shrubbery/limbs that could use clearing... (they are neatly stacked).
* i have the gravel but due to the elevation of the tee boxes that need it... i can't get the gator or tractor to them (the nearest i can get the machines is about 30ft to them) i have 3 wheel barrels and the gator has a lift bed on it... the tractor to load the gravel into the bed of the gator.
* the shrubbery/limbs will be the hardest work (they will have to be dragged out by hand) a truck is provided on the land to load... a PTO driven wood chipper is provided as well and the plan is to eventually spread the chips around the basket locations.
* some trees have been falled so if u need fire wood bring a chainsaw to cut them up if u want the wood... plus u can take some of the bigger limbs for fire kindling too.
Ewing Young is in need of hole #2's tee box sign.
* I have remade the sign for the 3rd time... ( as somehow it kept getting broken/ripped out of the ground)? concrete is provided all that is needed is for it to be put into the ground.
* 4 of the trash buckets are in bad shape/broken ( need replacing i have 2 that i can donate )
* the bench by tee box #7 has been broken and eventually will need replacing
* spray paint on tee boxes #'s 2 and #7 need to be removed/cleaned
Horning's Hide Out (signs)
* All 3 course map signs need to be mounted for Highlands, Canyon, and Meadow Ridge (ask Bob http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000923715269 .... PLEASE DO NOT SPAM HIM OR BOTHER HIM IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO HELP) he asked us a few weeks ago as to our thoughts to where he should put the signs... ( keep in mind of festival events as they take place not just disc golf) so traffic flow is a concern to the signage placement.
Hag lake/Sain Scoggins... TBA...
* There is talk about P.O.M.A.P. taking on some up keep and care duties of this course ( Future projects will be announced )
course info can be found at: http://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Sain_Scoggins
Champoeg (state park)
* hole # 6's short pin location sleeve has been ran over by the mower... ( making only the long pin location playable) the sleeve may be salvageable if some one has a crow bar and muscle to round out the upper lip of the inner part of the sleeve's diameter i believe it can be saved w/ out a new sleeve and concrete... otherwise you can contact the park via this link: http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_113.php
* Park is almost finalized w/ the new lay out... we once fought hard and long to keep this park here and over the past 3 years it's had 4 different layouts constant vandalism etc... finally there are porta-pottys trash cans 9 tee boxes and 9 baskets... new signage is needed to finalize the course... you can get a hold of brody as i no longer live in that area: http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile/1885 or the park rec depot: http://www.thprd.org/ for further info needed
Thanks for your time on reading this info
Matt Hylton (503) 484 6969
Andy Verhoeven April 24, 2010 at 10:25am
Left my Surge that has the my ass logo on it, It was left up on the driveway at Hornings on hole 1 of the canyon course. If you see it please get it back to me I would like the disc back.
Mateo of Hylton Baskets March 27, 2010 at 2:13pm
so we are going out to hornings around noon for seth's birth day bbq party... bring beer and something to grill up ohh and yous disc's too ;)
Mateo of Hylton Baskets March 5, 2010 at 6:00am
andy are those dates still avail? if so lets do it!!!
Mateo of Hylton Baskets March 5, 2010 at 5:57am
thanx Garrett!!! for the support can you provide the much needed info for the people not knowing how to get to the shop? also are you guys still affiliated w/ ski schalet? or am i wrong on that?
Garrett Shields February 18, 2010 at 2:36pm
Hello all I just opened up a box of disccraft and we got in the NUKE Esp "first run " in 170 & 172 we have 2 of each.... all they had sorry. If you show me your POMAP tag i will sell you one at $18.00 but you have to tell me how is flys I cant get out till sat and I need to know.
Mateo of Hylton Baskets November 18, 2009 at 6:12am
Horning's 3rd course official Grand opening should be a blast... andy if im not in jail can u please take me up their w/ you... my court date is on the 25th... and it looks like im gonna do 2 days jail or 80 hrs of work crew...
Andy Verhoeven August 21, 2009 at 4:16am
might have two more will see.. come one the one that are left...... I am willing to play all winter lets rock this and have some fun....
Andy Verhoeven August 21, 2009 at 4:02am
So we need 6 more.... including me here are the dates you need so that we can put together Team POMAP!!!
Tentative dates are as follows:
Dates subject to change
you need to be able to play them all I think.... come on team pomap... our home course is Highlands HH
Mateo of Hylton Baskets August 20, 2009 at 2:38pm
PLEASE DONT PLAY FOR TAGS UNTIL AFTER I GET THE CORRECT ASSIGNMENTS TO THE CORRECT PEOPLE THANX.
Mateo of Hylton Baskets August 20, 2009 at 12:21am
please let me know if everyone has the correct tags.... i've been out camping at horning's hideout for the last 3 days and came home to find "9" submited matches... i approved them all so contact me if there are any errors.
Mary Sharinghousen August 17, 2009 at 7:21pm
There is a DG tournament here in La Grande this weekend, Sunday the 23rd. Pre-registration is $10, day of is $15. I've included the link. Let me know if anyone is going to come out for this! It's the first annual!
Elliot Leuthold June 12, 2009 at 1:06pm
Hey POMAP peeps... I dont know if anyone is interested but I think I may be heading to PIR for the Rose Cup Races this weekend. Saturday has a deal $10 for a car full of people. Anyone down? I'm thinking beer, burgers, brats, babes... oh yeah racing too! I think it could be fun! Hit me up if you wanna come
Mateo of Hylton Baskets May 31, 2009 at 9:39pm
today mike, chris, elliot and i went up to the private course and knocked out more of the fairways holes #1-6.. graveled teebox #6 and cleared fairways holes #13-14.
Mateo of Hylton Baskets May 13, 2009 at 12:06am
good rounds today at tue duces @ orchard. nick, jonesy, beck, mike, troy and my self showed up from the club... not bad 3 of us even placed nick,jonesy and i... awesome fun times!!!
Mateo of Hylton Baskets April 29, 2009 at 5:54am
i just realized that in the last 4 months i have played almost every day only missing 20 some odd days since the 1st of the year... and i am currently on my 30th straight day of playing a minimum of one round per day. im so hooked!!! over just barely past one full year of playing i have lost 32 pounds lol from playing i have the same passion for d-golf as i do for my 23 years of sk8'n. however i have retired from my sk8'n carrier as im getting old. sk8'n over 2/3 my life has taken its toll ... more
i just realized that in the last 4 months i have played almost every day only missing 20 some odd days since the 1st of the year... and i am currently on my 30th straight day of playing a minimum of one round per day.
im so hooked!!! over just barely past one full year of playing i have lost 32 pounds lol from playing i have the same passion for d-golf as i do for my 23 years of sk8'n.
however i have retired from my sk8'n carrier as im getting old. sk8'n over 2/3 my life has taken its toll on my body and i don't recover as soon from injuries.
d-golf is way easier on my body and offers the same high from the challenges i used to get while sk8'n. playing in these leagues and tournys has never been as stressful as any of the sk8 comps i partaked in. i still get to out and meet awesome people and have my fun.
so i want to say thanks to all that have helped me been kind to me etc and enough of the long story bla bla etc.
to make a long story short i think the weather is gonna be rainy as usual... my arm is pretty sore from playing so much and i just want to spend all day having some beers at the grand lodge and just want to unload my bag in a sheltered covering on the short hole #10 (off the balcony) and have fun, relax and kick it w/ people.
if anyone would like to join hit me up. i'll most likely hit up orchard as that is on the way home. and if anyone needs a ride from greenway let me know and i'll meet you at the albertsons parking lot. take care ;)
Mateo of Hylton Baskets April 19, 2009 at 8:50pm
what a great turn out!!!! 19 people showed up @ HH on this beautiful 80 deg day!!! the avail score that i took will be posted or passed on to the appropriate people. back out into the sun for me ;)
Mateo of Hylton Baskets April 19, 2009 at 2:40am
tomorrow (sunday the 19th) we will be playing horning's hideout @ 11:00 am. If you want/need a ride please be at my apartment(across greenway park) by 10:00 am/ish. if you don't know where my apartment is and want to play(need a ride) meet us @ the albertsons' parking lot behind (greenway's hole #2 tee) by 10:30ish am. my number if you don't have it is posted along w/ the P.O.M.A.P. club's number too. it is an expected @ least 6 player show up and another 4 unconfirmed players. the weather is to ... more
tomorrow (sunday the 19th) we will be playing horning's hideout @ 11:00 am. If you want/need a ride please be at my apartment(across greenway park) by 10:00 am/ish. if you don't know where my apartment is and want to play(need a ride) meet us @ the albertsons' parking lot behind (greenway's hole #2 tee) by 10:30ish am. my number if you don't have it is posted along w/ the P.O.M.A.P. club's number too. it is an expected @ least 6 player show up and another 4 unconfirmed players. the weather is to be nice n' hot and a beautiful day at one of our best places to play... for those of you that have not have the opportunity to play up @ HH this is an epic day... promising nothing but fun for 1st timers @ HH!!! please remember it is $3.00 to play per person and it would be cool to donate some gas money/beer/etc to the driver/drivers. we are laid back as most of our members know... so if you wanna have fun or be serious all ya gotta do is play... all skill levels are welcome.
sorry for the late news... but it was hard getting everything planned for tomorrow... me being the club director. other news is that other P.O.M.A.P. and stumptown members will be playing pier park tomorrow. times are unavailable as it seems they are @ different plots through out the day. (recommended to contact others for times if you wanna meet up w/ them)
hope too see a good turn out of players for both groups... and most importantly just have fun fling'n in the sun on a predicted 80 deg day!!!