PDGC Parma Disc golf club
Mitch G April 19 at 12:31pm
Monday Night Glow at Wingfoot, We could use the support
James Humphrey March 14 at 2:41pm
Glow round tonight at Lakeview Church. Be there by 7.....start when it's dark enough. See ya there!
Curvin Stine March 11 at 10:56am
Anything going on this week since there's more daylight? I'm in town for work Mon - Thurs nights. If there's nothing organized is there anyone that would like to show a new guy the course? Let me know.
eric centanni December 9 at 5:48pm
Brush up on the rules of the game with the rule of the week on the Summit DGA talk forum
eric centanni November 14 at 7:08am
does parma want to be a part of the frozen finger fairway charity series again this year. if so, who is the contact? if not, we shouldn't have a problem filling the spot. just in case you guys had plans of your own.
Bill Vaughn September 4 at 4:17pm
Lost dx leopard out there on #8 Thursday 8/31/12. Didnt really lose it, just abandoned it. How are your locals about turning in lost discs? Should have my name (Bill Vaughn) on inside of rim. If it shows up... been carrying it for years- hard to replace with equivalent.
Andy Morrison August 24 at 3:21pm
Reminder - We'll be pouring the remaining 15 blue tee pads at Punderson tomorrow morning starting at 8am. Anyone who can come help would be greatly appreciated.
eric centanni August 23 at 8:34pm
!!!!COME ONE COME ALL!!!! Hudson Springs Disc Golf Course now has 18 brand new 4’ x 12’ concrete tee pads. Come help us celebrate this awesome accomplishment. Next Tuesday August 28th at 6:00pm, we will have our first weekly scramble on the new pads. It would be sweet to break those puppies in with a 35+ scramble. The format will be the same as always $5 + $1 optional ace fund. The Ace Fund is at $300 with a back up at around $60. Our club has been influenced and supported ... more
!!!!COME ONE COME ALL!!!!
Hudson Springs Disc Golf Course now has 18 brand new 4’ x 12’ concrete tee pads.
Come help us celebrate this awesome accomplishment.
Next Tuesday August 28th at 6:00pm, we will have our first weekly scramble on the new pads. It would be sweet to break those puppies in with a 35+ scramble.
The format will be the same as always $5 + $1 optional ace fund.
The Ace Fund is at $300 with a back up at around $60.
Our club has been influenced and supported by players from not only the Hudson locals but also players from all of our local area clubs. We thank you all for helping us improve the Hudson Springs DGC. It would be nice to see all of your smiling, disc loving faces next Tuesday
Tyler Frew - 45639 August 11 at 8:30pm
are you guys still doing doubles on sunday mornings?
James Humphrey July 3 at 11:03pm
COME ONE, COME ALL! We will be up at Lakeview Church for course development on July 4th...8:00 AM --10:00 AM!!!! Please come ready to pick up sticks and fallen trees. Anyone who has a chainsaw...bring it, if possibe! We will be working on new holes 1, 2, and 3 starting with hole 1. Following will be a doubles round at 11:00 AM! THATS A DOUBLES ROUND AT 11AM! PDGC will have plenty of cold waters, and lunch will be provided after the round.
James Humphrey July 3 at 11:00pm
CHURCH ACTIVITY: Thanks to Will and Wags for the head start on Hole 1 today! Great job! We should be able to finish clearing the rest of Hole 1 in the morning, and move to Hole 2. COME GIVE US A HAND...THANKS!
Mike "SpiGGy" Broda June 6, 2012 at 4:23pm
Correct. 6 pm thursdays. Cu next Thursday singles handicap league. It's also part of the pdga rated leagues. So these are rated rounds
Kevin Trepal June 5, 2012 at 3:16pm
Thursday's at 5:45 last I checked. They probably moved it back to 6:00 by now...
Will Schweda May 24, 2012 at 10:25am
Mike: Sorry for not being able to attend the meeting last week. I had other commitments. The goal of getting a course installed in the metroparks is amazing task and will take the disc golf community of Northeast Ohio as a whole to accomplish this goal. I am on board in doing what I can to get this moving. Your work and motivation with West Creek does not go unnoticed. Hopefully you can find a sentence or two down below for your email reply. - Avoid sensitive natural areas (OB areas o ... more
Sorry for not being able to attend the meeting last week. I had other commitments. The goal of getting a course installed in the metroparks is amazing task and will take the disc golf community of Northeast Ohio as a whole to accomplish this goal. I am on board in doing what I can to get this moving. Your work and motivation with West Creek does not go unnoticed. Hopefully you can find a sentence or two down below for your email reply.
- Avoid sensitive natural areas (OB areas or develop the course around these areas to avoid disturbance)
- Able to play year round (Yes)
- Keep discs away from trails
- Demographics, ages of players (all ages)
- Cost to install, play, maintain ( Yes there would be an initial cost/investment to install the course. Play is typically free but there is an option to make the metro parks courses pay to play $3-$6 per round or offer a season tag/pass that would cost a player $40-$60 that would give the player the ability to play all metro parks disc golf course for one low cost. Making it a pay to play course would give the revenue to recoup the initial investment of the course construction and cost of future improvements and maintain the course. The goal is to develop a few world class championship disc golf courses in the metroparks that people will come and play from all of Ohio along with PA and MI. If you build it they will come…..)
- Land requirements
- Stress low maintenance ( It would be the same amount of maintenance with or with out a disc golf course. i.e. Cutting the grass and mulch )
- Is DG a fad? What is the growth projection? (No disc golf is growing and the number of courses is booming. In 2000 there were 1145 courses world wide as of end of 2009 there was 3082 and growing.
- With many Metropark employees focusing on the Lakefront plan, how can we help minimize their work load? (We would develop teams of local disc golfers to donate blood sweat and tears into developing and installing the courses.
- Family friendly (yes)
- Played at your own pace (Yes)
- Play solo or in groups (Both)
- No major construction, unlike traditional golf course (Correct…. What makes Disc Golf unique is the utilization of natural elements, using trees and shrubs as obstacles and elevation changes to make the course challenging. Keeping the raw and environmentally conscience elements gives each course its own personality and strategy.)
- Too many courses in Parma already? This is fair to argue…If anything with the number of holes in Parma it has built a strong reputation for Parma as a destination for disc golfers across the state of Ohio.
- Stronger request with a 50/50 split on costs ( Did they ask the mountain bikers to pay 50% for there new trail system?)
- Reconnect with Rob (Park Manager for West Creek Reservation) in September 2012
- Metroparks supports outdoor features that can't be found anywhere else (this is a major strength of the WC course, due to natural topography and water elements).
(Anywhere else? Have you ever been to Hinckley Lake?? There are many other beautiful properties with amazing topography the park system owns/maintains. I think truly getting another course in Parma would be awesome but if they give us an opportunity at another property we can not turn it down. If not West Creek where would be a good fit for the Metroparks? My personal opinion a course installed in one of these large burb’s that has Metro Park property i.e. Strongsville, Solon, Berea, Fairview/North Olmsted, Westlake, North Royalton, Bedford, Independence, Lakewood/Edgewater, South Euclid would be amazing for the game locally and the growth of the game period in Northeast Ohio.)