NUDGA

Est. 1996 • Northern Utah Disc Golf Association

Rick Wardell    November 25, 2011 at 12:29pm

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. A few of us are going to go out tomorrow and fix some tee pads and if any of you have the time to come out and help that would be awesome. We have new rudder for holes 8, and 9. We are going to add dirt and whatever else we think might work, so we will be loading and unloading trucks to level pads. We are looking at a 1000 Am start time. Hope you can make it.

KEEP ON CHUCKIN!!!!!!

Derek Yanez    November 24, 2011 at 10:50am

Sucks how a couple of thieves can ruin it for everybody, sad to hear there are no back holes because of some disrespectful punks... That really does suck but I understand the risk of having more baskets stolen. Keep your eyes out NUDGA's maybe we can catch the coporate who did this.. Happy Thanksgiving NUDGA's don't get too fat!

Kent Holsten    November 24, 2011 at 10:45am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, the baskets have been moved finally but not all to short locations, some long some short and pick your teepads. Plenty of options. Sorry to say but the back holes have been removed from course. That sucks but 3 baskets have been stolen in the last couple years,two this last week and we cant lose any more. They will still be available for use in tournaments and such. This will be a good time to repair and refurbish them. Hope to see you at course this weekend.

Steve H    November 23, 2011 at 10:29pm

I was in the last group that played Friday and...this might have nothing to do with the missing baskets...I noticed a car that swung though the lot after it got dark like it was looking for someone. It seemed strange at the time. Anyway, it looked like it was maybe some sort of 70s muscle car that had been kept in pretty good shape...a Nova or a Camero or something with that sort of profile.

Jason Rippon    November 23, 2011 at 3:25pm

Haha Rick I was kidding, trying to lighten the mood if anything. Ofcourse those baskets mean a lot, and ofcourse its why so many of us even know what the sport is or how we started. Fact is people can be shady and selfish and theres a good chance we dont see those baskets again. But we ( NUDGA ) will a support our club and put our money toward the course and baskets like usual.

Life and golf goes on.

Josh Robins    November 23, 2011 at 11:26am

This sucks! Possibly vandals?? We might need to do a sweep/search of the woods in the surrounding areas of the baskets. Just a thought.

Rick Wardell    November 23, 2011 at 9:29am

WOW Tony nice words!!!! Someone else said “who wants a Riverdale basket anyway”? I do, I do. Some say they don’t catch well but I believe they are responsible for producing some of the best players in the state, just because they make you put well. If you don’t hit them just right they won’t stick. Sometimes even if you hit them perfect they will bounce out, but that just makes you better. They force you to put well. Some of the Riverdale hommies are the best players (Including the pe ... more

Derek Yanez    November 23, 2011 at 9:16am

Well said, this is OUR course NUDGA's and I feel violated cause I love them holes, love discgolf, and most importantly I love NUDGA!!!

Kyle Fendrick    November 23, 2011 at 9:15am

Oh yeah, my company contracts with Blooms so I'll talk to them today about it

Kyle Fendrick    November 23, 2011 at 9:13am

Amen! Preach on brother

Tony "D-9" Spendlove    November 22, 2011 at 9:50pm

I'll put out a $100 per basket reward for anyone who can find the culprit and return them. Somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody has to know somebody that knows something about this. Too many of us out there know too many people that know other people, if ya know what I mean. Only so many people are out there at any given time. Discers, bikers, hikers and vagrants. I doubt a biker has any reason to steal em, besides its kinda hard to pack a basket on a bike. Hikers/walkers aint gonna ... more

Derek Yanez    November 22, 2011 at 5:42pm

Taking baskets from Riverpark is like taking my sack or my beer, I will **** you up **** if I find out who you are you lil' sissy!!

Jason Rippon    November 22, 2011 at 5:24pm

Who wants a riverpark basket anyway : p

Tad Pankiewicz    November 22, 2011 at 4:58pm

I played them Friday and they were there. So it had to have happened over the weekend. To many punks out there these days. We all need to watch for this kinda stuff. It's not cool.

Stu Jensen    November 22, 2011 at 4:53pm

Amber Basket Alert!! Baskets missing from hole G and H. We must find these! Some selfish idiot is going to ruin it for the rest of us.

Tony "D-9" Spendlove    November 21, 2011 at 7:34pm

Left my blue star Katana in the big willow on edge of pond by phone poles on 18 riverpark a couple weeks ago. I know ya wont believe it but nobody has called to return it yet. Oh well karmas a ****. I hope whoever has it loses 5 discs. Prob wont matter to them cause people who dont call are usually the ones who have 10 discs with someone elses name on them cause theyre too CHEAP to buy their own plastic. Theyll just lose it and then steal someone elses. So if ya see anyone with my disc, break their throwing hand then get their address so I can crap on their front lawn.

Jon Zollinger    November 20, 2011 at 3:06pm

Thanks everyone that come out to the farm for the turdiscn, and those that wanted to but couldn't. I also want to thank Nick and Kyle from altitude disc golf for all the support. Open winners Brodey Hansen 1st, Josh Newton 2nd, Bradey Boyter 3rd. Adv Masters winner Big Jim Gerdes 1st, Mike Correll 2nd. Adv winners Troy Later 1st, Billy Boyer 2nd, Rick Jones 3rd. Int winners Cory Otoole 1st, 2nd Aaron Beck, Rob Ruple 3rd. Womens winners Karen Anderson 1st, RaeLynn Later 2nd. Juniors winner ... more

Stu Jensen    November 20, 2011 at 2:19pm

I got a couple of pics on my profile. Brodey took open with -28 on 48 holes. Troy took Adv., Big Jim:Adv Masters, Corey:Int, Karen:Women, Gage: Jr.

Justin H    November 20, 2011 at 12:54pm

Can anyone post the results for Turdincn? Wish I could have been there!

Troy Later    November 17, 2011 at 9:42am

Hey if anyone missed the Ace Race this year and wanted the player pack I have a bunch left over and will be down this weekend for Turdiscn. Hit me up I will be bringing a bunch with me.