Mt Pleasant Disc Golf

Est. 2002

Josh Taylor    August 28, 2009 at 3:42pm

Hey everybody...

I took the second order for MPDG shirts into Total-Lee yesterday and he said that there's a good chance they can have them done by next Friday. Hopefully they'll be done and I can bring them to states next weekend!

Later - Josh

Colton Tweed    August 16, 2009 at 12:58pm

Anyone down to play a round at the CMU course today?

Craig Clingan    August 7, 2009 at 6:55am

Is there anyone else going to play the Big Rapids (NWS#7) tomorrow? I'm going if you need a ride. See you at Doubles tonight!

Craig Clingan    July 30, 2009 at 9:54pm

Hey Guys and Gals
Just noticed tonight that there's a pretty "sweet" hornet nest in the brush between 3's pin and 4's pad. It's out of the way but it could still be a problem if somebody blows by 3's pin on their second shot or something.

Josh Taylor    July 30, 2009 at 12:54am

Taking Orders for Mt. Pleasant Disc Golf shirts!!!....Again!!!

Just wanted to remind everyone that I'm putting together another order of MPDG shirts like before. T-shirts will be $10 ($3 goes to Deerfield fund), cotton polos $15, and moisture-wicking polos $24.

I'll be at the Freeland Open this Saturday so if you want a shirt (or two) I'll be taking orders, please bring money to pay when you place your order...this makes thing a ton easier later on.

See y'all at Freeland - Josh

Jon Andrews    July 22, 2009 at 11:52am

Hey Guys. Odyssey Disc Golf Course is open for business and I would like to do a run through with the league where you guys play 18 holes and give some suggestions as to how to make the course better.

Josh Taylor    July 14, 2009 at 3:15pm

Back by popular demand!!! Mount Pleasant Disc Golf Shirts!!!

I'm going to start taking orders for another run of shirts from Total-Lee Sports. T-Shirts will be $10 ($3 from each going to the Deerfield fund), I can also get cotton polos for $15 each and moisture wicking polos for $24 each.
Cash or check when you place the order please.
When they are ready depends on how long it takes me to get enough orders and then how long it takes to get them printed.

Jeff Lisiecki    June 16, 2009 at 8:49pm

hey josh,
mark, keith, and myself are also going to hickory this weekend, we're campin out friday and saturday night...should be a good time...

Josh Taylor    June 16, 2009 at 3:54pm

I'm going up to Hickory Hills for NWS #5 on Sat. morning and will be coming back that evening. It's a B-tier with 16 state berths up for grabs on one of the sweetest and most physically demanding courses in Michigan. If anyone else is interested let me know!

Josh Taylor    June 11, 2009 at 1:29pm

Walked through Deerfield with Nikki and the fam this morning. Nikki thought that the fairways and hole layouts were good and impressive but pointed out that (1) tee signs, (2) next tee signs, and (3) the woodchips on the paths would make the course much more user friendly and finished looking for the tourney, especially since these could be put in any time.
We found a turtle for Luke to check out so he thought the course was awesome too!

Josh Taylor    June 3, 2009 at 8:07am

Deerfield on the front page of the Morning Sun...check it out

Colton Tweed    May 21, 2009 at 3:40pm

Anyone down to play a bag tag match later?? I'm bored

Josh Taylor    May 15, 2009 at 7:34am

I'm in...see everybody around 4 o'clock!

Josh Taylor    May 14, 2009 at 1:35pm

Hey, I made this flyer real quick to hang in my classroom, thought I'd post it here too. Feel free to print and post at will - Josh

Craig Clingan    May 13, 2009 at 10:36pm

I posted it to our "everyone" listserv at work and I know a few people passed it along to their sporting families so I am expecting a good turnout just from that. Spread the word and we'll be golfing up and down hills before we know it!

Josh Taylor    May 13, 2009 at 9:27pm

This is sweet! I'm hoping we can make it over to Finch, I haven't climbed in years but really enjoy it and would be happy to contribute to the last 2 baskets (awesome!). Everybody tell families you know about this great deal and we could really and wrap this thing up and get some hardware in the ground! "To anyone interested in volunteering, I am having a fundraiser event at the climbing wall this Friday to benefit the Deerfield Course. It is a family adventure night where fam ... more

Jordan Bruursema    May 13, 2009 at 9:36am

To anyone interested in volunteering, I am having a fundraiser event at the climbing wall this Friday to benefit the Deerfield Course. It is a family adventure night where families can come and pay $10 for the entire family to climb and use the zipline, with all proceeds going towards the course. The event starts at 5 and goes to 8 Pm. What I would need from volunteers is to show up an hour early at 4 pm so I can teach you how to belay. Free tacos are also involved if that helps gain any int ... more

Josh Taylor    May 9, 2009 at 8:45pm

Thinking seriously about going to Avalanche Park next Sat for NWS #4, because I won't be at AJ the following weekend. Anyone else interested?

Josh Taylor    May 9, 2009 at 8:43pm

Is there a Deerfield work party planned for tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon?
If so, I might make it out there, been busy lately.

Jordan Bruursema    May 6, 2009 at 8:35am

The pavilion is rented at Deerfield for the 4th of July for the Mount Pleasant J-Bird. So now we have to make sure the course is ready. We have put in about 40 hours of total work so far and the course is really looking great (Thanks to everyone who has helped). I am meeting with the board out there tonight and am going to try and convince them to let us put in 9 holes while the rest of the money trickles in. 9 holes are basically ready and they make a perfect loop back up to the parking lot. ... more