Mat-Su Disc Golf Association

Est. 2013 • The one who has the most fun wins.

Dave Rector    5 days ago

Hiya Valley folk!
I'm putting some feelers out there to folks who have played in Maui? I've been able to dig up some info on dgcoursereview and from their DGA...wondering if some AK folks have played, where, and if they have contacts in the area. Thanks!

Jake Haskin   5 days ago

If you have facebook, hit up a guy named rad shadd

Dave Rector   5 days ago

Sweet, thanks Jake. I don't have facebook... I may just have to boot it back up for this one. Thanks again.

Greg Rouse    January 19 at 8:12pm

The 2016 elections for msdga club officers went live just now. If you were a current member in 2015 and/or are a current club member now, you should have received an email. If you were/are a member and did not, please contact me and I will provide you with a URL. This survey will conclude in 30 days or when all current members have submitted a vote. Thank you for being patient with me during the busiest time of my work year. Hope to see you Thursday night.

Brock Antijunti    January 18 at 2:05pm

How much are memberships again? Any discount for children or a family membership? There is four of us that play. Two children 10 and 13.

Greg Rouse   January 18 at 11:53pm

I think we could make something work for youth members. Don't think we actually have any at the moment. I believe I renewed a couple @$25 for adults; I think it's $25 but I'll have to look at my paperwork.

Greg Rouse    January 18 at 6:01am

I am still struggling to put up elections for 2016 officers. I need email addresses badly. If you were a member of the msdga in 2015, PLEASE SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Jeremy Boyd   January 18 at 4:24pm

I'd like to nominate Justin Foster and Chris Lythgoe for whatever positions might interest them : )

Jeremy Boyd   January 18 at 4:25pm

and Vlasy Kutsev as well

Jeremy Boyd   January 21 at 11:05am

I'm super stoked that my nominations were accepted...the MSDGA has a strong contingency for the coming year. Let's get those baskets!!!

Greg Rouse    December 8 at 3:47pm

Couple things. As the kid moved down to "Iowa or wherever Jesse went," I have a empty passenger seat for travel to Wednesday night league at westchester. If any of you valley hooligans are interested in carpooling to anchorage, let me know and we'll set it up. Secondly, msdga officer elections for 2016 go live this month. If you are a current member or will be renewing as a msdga club member, and are interested in running for a position, let me know in private. I will also be need ... more

Greg Rouse    September 4 at 7:58am

PC DUBS! So, this next Thursday I will be running a BYOP dubs at PC. Last of the season! Please post up your teams in the comments. I'll be kicking back some good swag to the ADGA since this PC is technically Anchorage and the ADGA has been so generous to us. Stipulations- I will start taking money at 6:00 and will bring it in at 6:30 due to diminishing daylight. Please be prompt! I love you guys but I can't ruin the last few holes for everyone because of someone's tardiness (thin ... more

Greg Rouse    September 1 at 7:33am

Club meeting September 8th (next Tuesday) at Last Frontier in Wasilla. PLEASE BE THERE.

Jeremy Boyd   September 1 at 2:55pm

time?

Greg Rouse   September 1 at 4:24pm

Crap- 7pm

Brock Antijunti    August 28 at 12:00pm

The Antijunti Family (Brock, Melisa, Briana, and Brody) is moving soon from South Dakota to the Wasilla area. We are hoping to pull into town permanently around October 10-12th. We will be flying in September 4th and return to SD on the 11th. A trip to check the area out and see what Alaska is all about. Looking forward to coming up. I won't be able to bring my disc golf bag on the airplane but will pack a few discs if anyone is up for a round while we are there. Just to tell you all a l ... more

Jeremy Boyd   August 28 at 12:14pm

Awesome news Brock! The Matsu Association is young and would benefit greatly from your experience. We look forward to meeting you amd your family

Brock Antijunti   August 28 at 12:16pm

Awesome guys!! I started a group here over 10 years ago...we have a ton of players...league was just over 50+. We have about 8-10 real active players that help with events, etc.

Brock Antijunti   August 28 at 12:18pm

Here is my cell # 605-280-5007...text or call me from sept. 4th to the 11th. We won't be able to pack a bunch of plastic for the trip...taking carry on only for the week. We might try to find a place to live while we are there. Just leave behind whatever extra clothes etc.

Greg Rouse    August 22 at 4:09am

So here's the big update for MSO. Couple things. Sutton day 1 CONFIRMED. Some lodging in the valley and transportation from wasilla to Sutton will be available. First come, first serve. Temp Baskets still needed for worst case scenario- I have 6 quality ones so far committed, 3-4 more needed. Discounted entry fees, and I can pick them up/return them. They will only be needed for Sunday and will be stored securely in my mancave. Course work in full swing. Saturday & Sunday at Sutton, ent ... more

Louie Orozco    July 13 at 7:16pm

Welcome to the 6th Annual Jailhouse Roc Tournament! - When: July 18th, 2015. - Where: Peter’s Creek Disc Golf Course. - Time: 9:00-9:45 - Registration 9:45-10:00 - Player’s Meeting 10:15 - Shotgun Start - Format: 2 rounds of 18 with approximately an hour break in between. - Divisions: Juniors, Intermediate, Masters, Women, Advanced, and Open. - Cost: $60 for Open, $40 for Advanced and $25 for Juniors. Current PDGA members get a $10 discount! - Comm ... more

Andrew Revis    June 28 at 8:46am

Is there any info on Rally In The Valley?

Thad Murgatroyd   June 28 at 12:10pm

We will hold Sanctioned league to Sunday that week to avoid any conflict with your Unsanctioned event

Tre Jones   June 28 at 1:41pm

Thad, thank you bro.

Tre Jones   June 28 at 1:42pm

The rally registration is up now. feel free to comment im in to register, keep in mind the rally this year is a 21 and older event.

Greg Rouse    May 5 at 5:06am

It's Tuesday and looks like we're having a small league this Thursday. Jesse and I vs Louie and Aaron. And nobody else, because nobody else has signed up. Everyone see what I'm getting at here? SIGN. UP.

Jeremy Boyd   May 5 at 6:12pm

I hear what Tre is saying though, perhaps you could send a mass text to some of your regulars that don't watch the scene.

Greg Rouse   May 5 at 8:27pm

I'll be texting everyone I have, but this announcement was made twice and is on a total of 4 places on the scene, and Facebook. BYOP could go one of two ways for the director- he knows who is coming and already has cards made and holes assigned or it could potentially take longer to get going than a normal night.

Jeremy Boyd   May 5 at 9:25pm

I think you should make the effort to reach those who might show but if they don't have a partner when they show up then tough ( . )( . )

Greg Rouse    May 1 at 2:56am

Next week is bring your own partner doubles. Please sign up in the comments below.

Greg Rouse   May 1 at 2:57am

Rouse brothers

Jeremy Boyd   May 5 at 6:16pm

Big Boyd and "Disco" Donny Willis

Greg Rouse    October 22, 2014 at 7:36pm

I finally have the awards and am finally in town for a league. Awards tomorrow night before league.

Greg Rouse    September 6, 2014 at 2:01am

Only 2 more leagues left. Start time 6:30 now. Finals September 27th.

Greg Rouse    August 13, 2014 at 7:21pm

Anybody up for some dubs on the 18 Friday night?

Jeremy Boyd   August 14, 2014 at 3:25pm

Definitely seeing as I can't play Saturday...

Greg Rouse    August 9, 2014 at 2:28am

Work day tomorrow, 9am- 6pm. I'll bring the cold beer. You bring the polesaws, string trimmers chainsaws, brush cutters and 50:1 fuel. Most important to bring are the muscley arms and work gloves. Possible cash round on the 18. See you there!

Tre Jones    July 11, 2014 at 4:45pm

This coming weekend the 19th is the MSDGA Rally in the Valley, We are in need of volunteers to help with preparing the course for the tournament. If you have some spare time and are willing to give a hand from now till Friday the 18th we would ask you to contact Tre @ 907-775-0260. *Things to be done* - Cleaning up Holes 1-9 and hole #6 from the "New 18 layout" - Trimming tall grass from fairways - Delimbing brush/small trees next to the new Hole #4 and #5 Baskets. - Raking up s ... more

Tre Jones   July 11, 2014 at 4:46pm

we are planning a work party after Sunday Singles this week so if your planning on coming out and wanting to help this is the time. thanks!

Jeremy Boyd   July 11, 2014 at 6:17pm

see you then Tre

Louie Orozco    April 25, 2014 at 12:41pm

That was a lot of fun last night Mat-Su! Nineteen people on the first official Dubs league is a good number. I look forward to attending many more.

Also, did anyone lose something of value out there? Claim it and it's yours. But I like it, so don't :-)

Greg Rouse   April 26, 2014 at 2:31am

Oh yeah- I'd like to thank those of you who purchased a membership, and also would like to extend a welcome to Mike, Tae, Tom and Andrew (Andrea... Hahaha.) Thanks for coming out and hope to see you again soon!

Brian Cassidy   April 26, 2014 at 3:03am

@Aaron - You have come a long ways since last time I saw you play. You were ripping discs last night and putting with confidence. Keep it up.

Greg Rouse   April 26, 2014 at 3:08am

Agreed. You don't putt, you throw it in with authority. Oh yeah folks I just got a call from work and looks like I'll be on the slope next week so Tre will be running the next one. Got a good CTP prize for the next league though. It may be an ADGA league, it may be MSDGA.

Tre Jones    March 10, 2014 at 3:15am

*!* ALCANTRA COURSE REMODEL 2014 WORK PARTY*!* We are going to be having a work party this weekend Saturday and Sunday the 15th and 16th for the clearing of the holes on the Alcantra Disc Golf Course. If your willing and interested please leave us a message or call Tre at (907)775-0260 Someone should be out at the first gate from 10am until later in the day call to make sure someone can line you out if you want to come. We hope to see you all out to help so we can get this new course go ... more

Greg Rouse   March 10, 2014 at 11:48pm

Bring some leather gloves.