Kenai Eagle Disc Golfers

Est. 2009

AK Discer    May 18, 2011 at 10:35am

That is awesome to hear that you got all that money for the tee pads. What is your goal and how much is saved for that project? Can't wait to see 14 get a tee pad...I have a love/hate relationship with that pad. I got an ace on it and it has drawn blood from me and toppled Chris (my gf) more than once.

Why not get some Eagle stamped Eagles?

Apes are way too much for most people (400'+ arm and/or wicked headwinds), unless they're used to torquing forearms and backhands to the infinite degree....won't help with aquiring good form.

Can't wait to see the next stamp.

Chris Goodrich    May 18, 2011 at 6:09am

The Challenge was a success, we're at $300 and counting for the teepad fund. If you need a putter, we have plenty of challengers left. I talked to Parks & Rec about the new posts on the course, and the possibility of another bear-proof can on 12. No promises were made, but it was an encouraging conversation. As for the Kenai Eagle Open. Eight members attended the meeting tonight. For the tournament we will be ordering from Innova. Be on the lookout for custom Eagle stamped Ape ... more

AK Discer    May 1, 2011 at 2:11am

i like you guys

James Gough    April 29, 2011 at 2:47am

Im going to try and make it out tomorrow around noon but i have no wheels so dont wait on me

Andrew Jackson    April 29, 2011 at 1:27am

I'll be there..noon friday...cool

Edan Badajos    April 28, 2011 at 11:14pm

Change of plans, looks like Hiram is working Sat. but off tomorrow. We will now be coming up tomorrow (Friday) around noon.

Andrew Jackson    April 26, 2011 at 8:41pm

I'm avail Sat...What time is good??

James Gough    April 26, 2011 at 6:44pm

I will be in Seward Saturday

Chris Goodrich    April 26, 2011 at 12:57pm

I'll be in anchorage (barring serious problems). But Ian and the rest of the guys should be around.

Andrew Jackson    April 26, 2011 at 9:01am

Everybody is afriad of the Eagle.....LOL

James Gough    April 26, 2011 at 5:41am

What day you think you will be up

Edan Badajos    April 26, 2011 at 5:20am

Is there league play this weekend? Hiram and I might come up.

Chris Goodrich    April 25, 2011 at 1:39am

Ian says all baskets have been recovered. With stern warning to Mom that the next time the Police will be involved.

Chris Goodrich    April 22, 2011 at 3:48pm

Be on the lookout for Ian, Casey, and Rem's baskets. Someone stole them last night. Ian has a red topped all metal portable. Casey has a red DGA portable, and Rem has a blue skillshot. Keep your eyes peeled for baskets in new places in the community.

Chris Goodrich    March 28, 2011 at 12:19am

Fact, posting the basics now. The disc design looks great!

Andrew Jackson    March 27, 2011 at 11:40pm

I thought I saw something about an event in May here at the Eagle...fact or ficton

Lou Dogg    March 23, 2011 at 5:23pm

My turn! Andrew, these guys are right. This will be my 6th year playing and I wish I would have known how valuable knowing your discs is. I used to just throw a disc and wonder where it would land. Little by little I put the pieces together and now I know and understand what my discs will do (with or without wind). My FLX Buzzz is my money mid range disc. At one point I put that disc in my "spare discs" box. Once I saw that "everyone" else threw one I pulled it out of the box and figured out what was wrong. I wasn't aware of all the different ways to throw the Buzzz. Now I know.

Jeremy Boyd    March 22, 2011 at 9:18pm

Andrew - give the Latitude 64 Fuse a try. Or the Comet. I think the Fuse has a much more comfortable grip. Learn to throw slower discs on a hyzer flip to hyzer finish, hyzer flip to flat, and hyzer flip to turnover. When you start to get these shots down with a straight mid you will throw those drivers less and less.

Chris Goodrich    March 22, 2011 at 12:18am

I agree with Brian. It's time to work the midranges, a little more control and with time almost as much distance. Comet, Stratus, Cobra or Stingray may also be good discs to try out.

Brian Gutzwiller    March 17, 2011 at 3:02am

Andrew, I have a thought. Try to work on your anhyzer with a midrange disc instead of the sidewinder. There are many to choose from but my favorite is the meteor. This disc will go just as far if released correctly. Good luck!