Kenai Eagle Disc Golfers

Est. 2009

Chris Goodrich    October 11, 2011 at 12:40am

Holes have been dug. Baskets have arrived. Tomorrow (Tuesday) we poor concrete and put the baskets together. They might be in place as early as Wednesday night. Give me a call if you're interested in helping. Big thank to Ben and Keegan for lots of help tonight.

Chris Goodrich    October 6, 2011 at 3:17am

Alright Kenai Eagle Disc Golfers, Mr. Tim Wisnewski ordered 9 baskets for the Bernie Huss Memorial Trails. They are supposed to arrive early next week, so we'll be carving out tee boxes and getting ready to place the pins as soon as they get here. If we can get them in and set by Wednesday, we'll have our final league night (and ace pot shoot out) on the newest nine on the Peninsula. Be ready for a work schedule (probably starting Sunday). Many hands makes light work.

Andrew Jackson    October 4, 2011 at 8:44am

More info Chris............

Chris Goodrich    October 3, 2011 at 11:39pm

Hey Kenai disc golfers,
We are currently working on a course design for the Bernie Huss Memorial Trails park. Nine baskets have been ordered, hopefully they'll get here quick so we can get them in the ground before the freeze. When they get here, we'll need a work crew to clear tee pads of debris and trim branches (and even take down a couple trees).

Chris Goodrich    October 3, 2011 at 2:14am

We have 3 or 4 tags left, and the whole race ends on October 13th, so come one come all, get one of the last three and see if you can move up in the next two weeks.

Chris Goodrich    August 4, 2011 at 2:08am

Anybody going up for King of the Hill (could get a shot at big money throws) this weekend? Let me know if you are, I could use a driver for my wife's car on the way home.

James Gough    July 19, 2011 at 12:03am

Hey guys we need to have a work day set up here soon I was thinking of making dubs a work party just so we can get it done and get the course ready for this weekends 4th kenai eagle open let me know what you guys think thanks

Chris Goodrich    July 6, 2011 at 3:05am

Benches are always welcome. If you want to put one in, I'm all for it. Just let me know where so I can give Bob a heads up at Parks and Rec (I'm sure he won't mind).

Andrew Jackson    July 5, 2011 at 11:47pm

I wanted to place a bench on the couse..like at 4 , 5 or 7....this is where we tend to have things back up at tournies..or so I see it.

Chris Goodrich    June 26, 2011 at 1:48am

All, we need to meet (preferably after leagues on Tuesday) regarding this year's KEO. Let me know if you can make it.

James Gough    May 31, 2011 at 5:00am

Today was a blast the Strawberry course is going to be sweet can't wait to get it finished thanks chris for coming out and helping it was also sweet watching you huck plastic

Chris Goodrich    May 31, 2011 at 1:33am

I got to go out to the Strawberry property and help set up the rough front 9 for the new course. This could be an incredible course. Lots of elevation change and lots of distance. More than one hole over 500' with both left and right looks. Lots of fun just hukking plastic out and watching it cruise.

Chris Goodrich    May 30, 2011 at 3:49am

$5 mini-tourney for Memorial Day. $1 extra to enter the acepot (ctp if no one aces). 2:00p. Bring your discs, have some fun. We'll do divisions if enough people show up, otherwise we'll base on handicaps.

Chris Goodrich    May 23, 2011 at 9:28pm

Remember disc design ideas are due tomorrow after leagues. So, if you have an idea bring it with. It doesn't have to be finished, raw ideas are welcome.

Chris Goodrich    May 18, 2011 at 11:24am

We debated Kenai Eagle Eagles for a second year, and it is probably still on the table, but for the moment, we wanted to expand our various plastic collections. Personally, I wanted Nukes, Buzzzes and Predators. As for the Ape, yes, it is way too much for most people, but it is new and fast and fun, meaning most players want to try one. So, for now Apes (not sure if I can throw them), teebirds (who doesn't love them) and leopards.

AK Discer    May 18, 2011 at 10:35am

That is awesome to hear that you got all that money for the tee pads. What is your goal and how much is saved for that project? Can't wait to see 14 get a tee pad...I have a love/hate relationship with that pad. I got an ace on it and it has drawn blood from me and toppled Chris (my gf) more than once.

Why not get some Eagle stamped Eagles?

Apes are way too much for most people (400'+ arm and/or wicked headwinds), unless they're used to torquing forearms and backhands to the infinite degree....won't help with aquiring good form.

Can't wait to see the next stamp.

Chris Goodrich    May 18, 2011 at 6:09am

The Challenge was a success, we're at $300 and counting for the teepad fund. If you need a putter, we have plenty of challengers left. I talked to Parks & Rec about the new posts on the course, and the possibility of another bear-proof can on 12. No promises were made, but it was an encouraging conversation. As for the Kenai Eagle Open. Eight members attended the meeting tonight. For the tournament we will be ordering from Innova. Be on the lookout for custom Eagle stamped Ape ... more

AK Discer    May 1, 2011 at 2:11am

i like you guys

James Gough    April 29, 2011 at 2:47am

Im going to try and make it out tomorrow around noon but i have no wheels so dont wait on me

Andrew Jackson    April 29, 2011 at 1:27am