Kenai Eagle Disc Golfers
Edan Badajos 5 days ago
Moose Pretzel fly mart...
Will be in Kenai tomorrow Sunday in the afternoon. Coming up to check out the new tee pads. We have discs, shirts, and crates (for storing discs).
Edan Badajos May 7 at 6:48pm
Just talked with Kenai Parks and Rec.again and we are on for the tee pad installation project!! They already have the rubber mats and gravel and will provide the tools and equipment necessary for the project. All we need is some workers to remove roots and level out the tee pad areas before we lay down the rubber. I will have a volunteer sign-up sheet available at the Kenai Eagle Open for folks who are interested or just contact me here on the scene or by phone, text, or email. Thank you!
Moose Pretzel Disc Golf
Edan Badajos September 23, 2014 at 2:39am
I will be in Soldotna tomorrow afternoon 4-6pm with plastic if anyone wants discs from the Kenai Eagle Open or the Tall Grass. Also, thinking of playing Skyview if anyone wants to huck! 4:20 tee time!
Edan Badajos July 26, 2014 at 3:47am
Team Pretzel will be in Kenai tomorrow Saturday July 26th! Going to play a few rounds and catch an Oilers game. We will have discs, hats, and bag tags for sale!
Chris Goodrich April 18, 2011 at 2:39am
Thursday 4-21-11, the Kenai Eagle Board is meeting at Arby's @8:30p. Anyone who owns a bag tag is welcome to attend. We will be talking about current funds, the Kenai Challenge, Leagues and anything else we can think of that is disc golf related.
Chris Goodrich April 5, 2011 at 2:34am
The board met last Monday (3-28-11), to solidify our order for the upcoming Kenai Challenge. We have placed an order for 150 discs with Discraft in hopes of making the Challenge a success to launch our season. A challenging course was set up, it should test the new and the experienced, so we hope to see everyone out on 5-14-11 for some putter fundraising action. Check out the tourney page for artwork and pricing.
Chris Goodrich January 1, 2011 at 1:54am
Not really news, just a recap.
The 2010 disc golf season was a great one for Kenai Disc Golf, let me thank you all for contributing and recount some of the bright spots. The Kenai Course hosted four tournaments this year. 1. The Kenai River City Cheer squad brought out locals to raise money for a good cause. Kelly Johnson ran her first tournament and did a wonderful job taking care of the DGers. Our league team lead by James Gough and Chris Goodrich set a group course record of -15 to take first place. 2. The third ... more
The 2010 disc golf season was a great one for Kenai Disc Golf, let me thank you all for contributing and recount some of the bright spots.
The Kenai Course hosted four tournaments this year.
1. The Kenai River City Cheer squad brought out locals to raise money for a good cause. Kelly Johnson ran her first tournament and did a wonderful job taking care of the DGers. Our league team lead by James Gough and Chris Goodrich set a group course record of -15 to take first place.
2. The third annual Camp-Mend-A-Heart fundraiser was chaired by Tony Oliver again. Tony's got a knack for putting on a great event. Food, music, good prizes, and a great cause work together to make a great day on the DG course. The local disc golfers paced the field. The Undertakers, made up of James Gough, Luke Baumer, Josh Werba and Chris Goodrich threw a -11 to take first place. Close on their heals were more local discers with Oscar Mills, Dan Evans, Robert McRorie and Jeff Dailey shooting -9 for the day. Taking third was the team of David Booth, Byron McBee, Lowell Granath and Jack Dean. Overall, our local group of disc golfers helped to make the day a competitive one.
3. The second Ace Race to be held on the Kenai course was the biggest yet hosted by the local club. In total 33 players paid in for the chance to be Ace Race Champion. Donny Willis took the crown with his ace on Hole 7.
4. The jewel in the KEDGC crown this year was the Kenai Eagle Open. Though we didn't manage the numbers we got for the Ace Race, local disc golfers showed up to show what they were made of. Ian Dolphin in his third tourney tied for the third best round of all players in the tourney. Chris Goodrich took first in AM1, Rem West took home the AM2 title (and a nice travel basket for his trouble) and Oscar Mills took home the AM3 crown. Second place finishers were Ian Dolphin AM1 and Andrew Jackson AM2. Nine of this year's competitors were regulars on the Kenai course with one of our other locals out with the flu. Overall, the tourney showed great potential for 2011. Thanks to all those who came out to groom the course and make sure Kenai was well represented.
On the league front we saw a total of 41 players come out for at least one round with a solid group of core players. The club will honor the top finishers of the 2010 season for their efforts. Four aces were recorded on league days, two each by James Gough and Chris Goodrich.
On the news front, our sport made the Clarion local heroes (at least I think they are) Dutch and Daze making the front page doing what they do best, retrieving discs. A picture of our course will also be adorning December 2011 in the Innova Calendar, so go pick up a copy and be proud of your course (shamless plug). The shot was liked enough by Innova that they also used it for their Christmas card this year.
Finally, and incredibly important, the KEDGC has found itself a board to continue the growth that 2010 has started. Ian Dolphin, James Gough and Oscar Mills stepped up to the plate to begin promoting DG in the Kenai area.
We are already plotting two tourneys for next year, and hoping to jump on the bandwagon of rumors that point to a course in Nikiski.
So, thank you to those who stepped up to make 2010 such a great year, and to those of you who we haven't met yet, but who will be helping us make 2011 even better.
Chris Goodrich December 16, 2010 at 2:03am
12-15-10 Meeting Minutes
In attendance: Ian Dolphin, James Gough, Oscar Mills, Chris Goodrich 1. The club will keep the name Kenai Eagle disc Golf Club, with the possibility of changing it if the course in Kenai comes into being. Also under consideration is teaming up with Homer and Seward for a Kenai Peninsula club. 2. The board voted unanimously to buy bag tags for the top six finishers in the league point series from last year. Finishing place will be based on each players top eight finishes during the league ... more
In attendance: Ian Dolphin, James Gough, Oscar Mills, Chris Goodrich
1. The club will keep the name Kenai Eagle disc Golf Club, with the possibility of changing it if the course in Kenai comes into being. Also under consideration is teaming up with Homer and Seward for a Kenai Peninsula club.
2. The board voted unanimously to buy bag tags for the top six finishers in the league point series from last year. Finishing place will be based on each players top eight finishes during the league season.
3. It was decided to run at least two tournaments next year.
The first will be in early May. The Kenai Eagle Challenge will be held as a fundraiser with the goal of raising money for teepads (maybe the third year will be a charm).
The fourth Kenai Eagle Open will be held on 8-27-10.
Mark your calendars.
4. Tag prices were officialy approved as $15 for locals and $20 for out-of-towners (subject to change if the club structure changes). Anyone holding a tag will be eligible to vote at KEDGC meetings. It was also agreed that the owner of the #1 tag at the end of the challenge will be awarded a trophy disc. Local players will be asked to create the disc.
5. Also talked about was the clubs relationship with the ADGA. All four board members decided that membership within the ADGA should be sought, and that KEDGC should make sure to vote in upcoming elections to further disc golf in all of Alaska.
Chris Goodrich December 13, 2010 at 1:48am
Hey Kenai Eagle disc golfers. We're meeting at my place, this Wednesday (December 15th) at 7p. Let me know if you can make it so we have enough food. All players holding a tag will be allowed to vote on club business.
Chris Goodrich December 2, 2010 at 10:38pm
Kenai Eagle Bag Tags
First bag tag round will be Saturday December, 4th at 1:30p. Someone goes home with the #1 tag.
Chris Goodrich November 30, 2010 at 2:36am
The Kenai Eagle Course will be representing the month of December in the 2011 calendar. If anyone wants an INNColor disc with the photo let me know. They will be $25.
Here is the shot: http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile/5473/pictures/album_1944/30409#30409
Chris Goodrich November 29, 2010 at 11:16pm
Tags are in. They look great! I think the local group is going to like them. I posted a picture of the whole group and an individual tag on my photos page.
Chris Goodrich November 16, 2010 at 12:31am
In a very small meeting the first KEDGC board was elected. Positions will be: President - Chris Goodrich, Vice President - Ian Dolphin, Treasurer - James Gough, and PR - Oscar Mills. It was also decided that in addition to the Kenai Eagle Open, the league will be sponsoring a fund raiser tournament early in the season with the goal of finally putting in teepads for the yellow tees. Bag Tags for local competitors are also in the works, more news to come on that. If you have any questions contact any of the four board members.