Charlotte Disc Golf Association

Est. 2008

Patrick Fulkerson    August 22, 2012 at 5:47pm

End of the year party is Sept 30th. Tee - off for Safari round (Tag holders only) at 12pm. Party starts at 4pm at Camp Francis.

Keith Aten    August 21, 2012 at 10:50am

Dont forget Aug 24 is the deadline to register for the State Championship. After that date your berth will no longer be honored. Remind your friends.

Register here

Chad Lantz    August 20, 2012 at 1:33pm

This is the last week to sign up for the ace race. The order will be put in next week. Don't procrastinate and sign up before its too late.

larry j    June 15, 2012 at 9:21pm

so playing in the league isnt enough 2 be part of the cdga.

Patrick Fulkerson    June 15, 2012 at 7:08pm

The tag 5$ is extra pay outs for league, not all of league pay outs. You know adding to the pot so people get more stuff. The 35$ for leagues pays your league fees, goes into the league pay outs, the shirts, the towels, all the CTPs you get each week ECT. You can always voice your opinions on league or any other issues as you have shown time and time again. I am not sure what you are expecting as far as leagues go, There's nothing to vote or decide on. We meet Tuesdays, we play a roun ... more

larry j    June 15, 2012 at 7:00pm

so 5 bucks for league payout at the end of the year. so what about the 35 bucks that everyone in the league paid already will go for. so if u play in the league u have no say or voting rites on league issues unless u purchase a tag.

Patrick Fulkerson    June 15, 2012 at 6:51pm

Tags are in and here's how it works! $15 a tag. What does the tag get you. -CDGA membership. (The ability to vote on all issues that warrant a vote, Majority of significant changes will be put to a vote) -Ability to compete for bragging rights and other benefits. Break down of the $15 $5 of each tag goes directly to the club funds to help with League payouts, course maintenance, etc... $10 Each goes into the prize fund for the tags. Prize breakdown All cash. 1/3rd the f ... more

David Skidmore    June 4, 2012 at 2:45pm

I heard back today - the MSAE disc golf outing was cancelled for this Friday due to lack of interest.

RED Jon' Burns    June 4, 2012 at 8:18am

Would anyone be interested in a weekend camping trip to Sleepy Hallow? I have been trying to gather up some people who like camping and disc golfing. It's more fun with more people. Not looking for a sanctioned event or any thing like that but maybe a 2 day event. No pay outs, No divisions, just good times and bragging rights for the winner.

Mike Kemp    June 3, 2012 at 2:47pm

Skid, I might be able to make that one as it is on my birthday, but no guarantees...

David Skidmore    June 1, 2012 at 2:20pm

Blake - I asked the guy heading up the outing for additional information and he says there has been low registration numbers. I told him you were interested, I want to play, and Michele Ramon also asked for details. He said they would make the final decision Monday and let me know. I think they have MSAE discs left from last year.....

I'll post whatever I find out right away on Monday.

Skid.

Blake Walters    June 1, 2012 at 9:08am

Well I'll be damned...Whats the entry fee?! Got discs this year for it too?

David Skidmore    June 1, 2012 at 8:58am

Blake - there is another disc golf outing being put on by the same group - the Michigan Society of Association Executives (MSAE) on June 8th at 1:00 PM. Everyone is welcome once again. (even you who won the big prize last eyar)

Blake Walters    May 31, 2012 at 9:23pm

I would as well! I played a CDGA sponsored disc golf outing that Dave set up last year for a professional organization he is apart of, and had a great time. He may even remember that I came away with a phone number as well :-)

Chris Smith    May 31, 2012 at 8:50pm

Hey, just throwing it out there, I would have a blast playing "ambassador" for a group that wanted to learn about disc golf if the club is ever looking for a volunteer.

Blake Walters    May 31, 2012 at 1:04pm

Awesome, I have heard about the $5 dollar doubles but have yet to make it out to one. I will change that when the next one is set to go. Thanks again for the info.

Patrick Fulkerson    May 31, 2012 at 12:58pm

Some how or another I forgot to mentioned in my list of things we have done, is we just co-hosted and ran a Discraft Clinic... =) Not sure how that one slipped my mind as I was running around my head cut off trying to keep all that organized.. lol

Patrick Fulkerson    May 31, 2012 at 12:53pm

The tags can be purchased from league or myself as soon as we get the tags in, Once we have the Tags in, I will post the outline of the tag system and how its expected to work out. A short list of things the CDGA does other than league. -We maintain the course, Part of the mowing that gets done to the course is done by the club members (yes physically push mowing at times) as well as paying for mowing. The city doesn't cover it all unfortantly. -We have a handful of tournaments every ... more

Blake Walters    May 31, 2012 at 12:06pm

Thanks for the info Patrick. I hope that I did not come off as sarcastic in my question as it was truly earnest.

A couple more questions if you would be so obliged.

-When can we buy bag tags/when does bag tag start?

-If the CDGA is an umbrella organization what other events/leagues are run by the CDGA other than Tuesday League?

Thanks

Patrick Fulkerson    May 31, 2012 at 11:05am

I never said they did not have the right to complain. I would just like to see more from them. Though if throwing a round on Tuesdays and complaining is all some people want out of the CDGA not much I can do about that.

I only provide time, places, and outlets for people to get things resolved. I can only do so much.