Charlotte Disc Golf Association

Est. 2008

Corey Nufer    December 17, 2012 at 10:11am

Hey everyone! We here at Knollwood are trying to raise money for merchandise to sell for our cleanup and improvement efforts. Follow the link at the bottom of this message for a full description, a short video presentation, and the opportunity to either donate, or share my message with others.

I have just heard that the director of the City of Kalamazoo Parks department has resigned, so we have a new opportunity to truly change the image of Knollwood.

Chris Smith    October 31, 2012 at 7:00am

Anybody playing a round after trick or treating this year?

Jim Knudson    October 27, 2012 at 1:31pm

Rae, Steven and I will play

Chris Smith    October 23, 2012 at 7:48pm

I am sure that between the two of us, we can cover all of the Saturdays.

Patrick Fulkerson    October 23, 2012 at 2:21pm

Alright, More details on this league for you guys. Cost: Free Prizes: Top person(s) will be awarded discs of choice. I will pay out 10th of the field plus 1. so 1-9 players = 1st only. 10-19 = 2 places, and so forth. Details: This league is going to be free, with prize provided by yours truly. As I am going to turn you all into my guinea pigs. One division. I am testing out a new handicap system. Handicap System: For the first 3 weeks, I am going to use your average score, plus ... more

Chris Smith    October 22, 2012 at 9:33pm

Hellz yeah. Nothing is more fun than a free disc golf league.

Eric Garnaat    October 22, 2012 at 1:14pm

November 3 sounds good to me, see everyone there.

Brian Rice    October 22, 2012 at 12:55pm

pretty sure im out but i do know a few thinkin bout it i will tell them to post or get left behind

Patrick Fulkerson    October 22, 2012 at 10:55am

There is 6 of you total, (4 of which posted here). How about a short 9 week season to see the type of turn out you guys generate. If you guys want scores posted to keep track of how your doing. I will get something up. Start November 3rd (Saturday) - last week on Dec 29th. 10am start time?

If this works out well, We can of course extend the time, or change the day/time as needed. This gives you guys a foundation to start with. This 9 week trail will be completely free, to see how much interest there really is.

Chris Smith    October 21, 2012 at 10:12pm

So are we doing this league or what?

Larissa Fulkerson    October 16, 2012 at 10:16am

My ever so observant husband has pointed out that Saturday mornings should work for me as well

Eric Garnaat    October 16, 2012 at 8:03am

The morning/evening thing won't work because there won't be enough daylight for the evening round. The shortest day has sunset at 5:04pm.

Chris Smith    October 15, 2012 at 9:42pm

I would play in a winter league. Why not stick with what works? We could do the Tuesday morning/evening routine.

Eric Garnaat    October 15, 2012 at 9:36am

I can't make weekday mornings because of work. I think saturday morning would work best for me. maybe 10am
I wouldn't mind if the length of the league ran form November through March but some people might prefer a shorter season.

**Please post if you have any interest or else this may not happen.

Brian Rice    October 15, 2012 at 9:26am

im in 4 a winter league and know at least 2 others

Larissa Fulkerson    October 15, 2012 at 8:26am

I would love to play in a winter league. I would prefer mornings (9 or 10) and maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Weekends are pretty much out of the question for me because of my work schedule the next 2 months.

Patrick Fulkerson    October 14, 2012 at 9:21pm

So roughly 8 or more of you guys have approached me about a Winter league.

I personally do not play in the winter. If their is enough interest I will happily keep scores posted for you guys on the scene and such. Even if their is not that many of you. We should work out a day and time for all you winter golfers to get together and keep golfing!

Post here if your interested in a winter league, and your preferred day of week and time to play. So we can at least get a idea as to when you guys should gather to play.

Kristan The Unofficial Photographer    October 2, 2012 at 3:03pm

Posted pics of the league party and safari round! ;-)

Chris Smith    September 29, 2012 at 9:06pm

I have to work at 4:30. Depending on when I get done I might swing by and see if people show up.

Monkey Michael Gary    September 29, 2012 at 2:45pm