Capital City Disc Golf Club

Est. 2007 • We are dedicated to strengthening the community by providing a disc golf experience that all expertises can enjoy.

102 following

Log in or Sign up to contribute to this discussion.
Newest first | Oldest first

Steve Moore    6 days ago

** Toledo DGC needs TLC after being vandalized **

The new Toledo DGC install was totally vandalized recently and needs repair work to redo damage and finish install. A small group of folks are working hard on this project over there and have new supplies ready to start over. I am looking at going over Sunday the 27th this month to assist with this project. If anyone not busy and would like to help out and carpool over let me know please. More details to follow, just trying to get word out to all. Thank you.


Barry "B" Bolliger    6 days ago

I am going to Thursday night random dove Champoeg. I have room for two more leaving Salem at about 430


Brady "Church" Reese    July 16 at 1:20am

**PLEASE READ #2 - LETS PARTY!!!** LOCALS ROUTE DISC GOLF will be at the SALEM BITE & BREW FESTIVAL!!! When: July 25-27 (Fri: 4pm-11pm/Sat: 11am-11pm/Sun: 11am-6pm) Where: Salem Riverfront (200 Water St. NE – Salem, OR) Whats going on?: - Food, BEER, Live Music…DISC GOLF!! - The Bite and Brew has been around for a while setting up shop at the Riverfront every summer with the best food venues, beer venues and live entertainment. This year is a little bit different: ... more


Steve Moore    July 15 at 9:05pm

If there is anyone not playing the Auburn Amped Wide Open event Saturday and has camera/video setup and would like to help me shoot the days event, let me know and get you set up as volunteer with me for the day. Should be good day and have just learned that John McCray top rated professional will be joining in for the day. First time in Salem to try out a golf course concept, smaller then most but should still make for great day od disc golf.


Brad Rich   July 16 at 11:50am

nice, turbo putt johne!!

Brady "Church" Reese    July 14 at 5:23pm

**PLEASE READ-IMPORTANT & EXCITING NEWS!!** ATTENTION EVERYONE!! – I have officially opened up my own business and clothing line called “LOCALS ROUTE DISC GOLF” I will be selling anything from custom shirts to hats to Beer Mugs, and everything in between, plus much, much more. (I have a lot of fun ideas-more to come) I am very excited to get this going and be able to supply all of your disc golf needs!!! And even things you didn’t think you need but will want! Merchandise coming very ... more


Dallas Trower    July 11 at 12:50pm

Tonight @ Dallas City Park is NO O.B. Random Doubles. $5 buy in with optional $1 ace pot. Each person is also allowed to buy 2 mulligans for $1 a piece. Mulligan money goes straight to payouts. (Hints why we always have nice fat payouts!) Sign ups start round 530 and we usually tee off around 6! so grab your plastic and get your friends together and come play some sweet random dubs at Dallas tonight!

Andrew Thompson   July 11 at 5:57pm

Im rolling @ 430 from salem if any one wants a ride hit me up.

Steve Moore    July 10 at 4:23pm

At Woodmansee course it has been sighted and reported to me that the walk out post between 7 & 8 is completely removed out of ground at this time. With this and tee sign repairs, acrylic and now couple of signs themselves, I was wondering if Capitol City was going to step up and get these repairs handled before post goes missing and just cause course maintenance needs to be done. I also do not appreciate whoever did all the tree and branch cutting on and around hole 6 basket and approach. Thi ... more

Steve Moore   July 13 at 12:17pm

No comments or response to this issue. Guess maybe that says it all and still concerned and wondering if Capital City is going to deal with this or not. Thank you.

Steve Moore   July 16 at 11:22pm

So no one has been able to look into this yet for me or am I the only one that cares about things like this anymore. Capital City, are you going to take and accept responsibity for this vourse or do I need to continue doing it myself? Thank you and a response would be nice.

Steve Moore    July 9 at 7:39pm

Have received following from fellow disc golfer about the Woodmansee course:

Looks like someone is fixin to steal the top portion of basket 7 at woods. The bolt is missing and there is a stick in it's place. Needs imediate attention!

If anybody has a chance to go by and look at and take care of I would appreciate it. May be couple days before I can get there, Thanks


show all 6 comments
Robert 'straight shooter' Jones   July 9 at 10:15pm

Yes there's a new bolt in the basket. I saw the posting when I got home and went to Woods to fix it. I wish something had been posted sooner. Wasted trip, oh well that's life sometime. Thanks Steve for posting the problem and thanks to Ira for repairing it and Agro for letting us know. Have a good evening gentlemen.

Ira B   July 10 at 12:06am

sorry Robert. my bad

Robert 'straight shooter' Jones   July 10 at 12:33am

It's all cool. The main thing is that's it's fixed. I was pleasently suprised when I got to Woods and it was already repaired. Thanks again for stepping up. We need more of that from all that use the courses.

Steve Moore    June 30 at 3:31pm

Would also like to know who will be making the changes to tee #15 and #6 signs at Woodmansee to reflect the new changes to that area with new bridge and tee pad location. I turned all signage files over to CCDG few months back as requested and was guessing that meant you folks will take care of it. At this time just checking to see if that is what will happen now or not? Thank you.

Steve Moore   July 3 at 11:37pm

Just bumping this topic to get a response please. Like the new teepad but just would like to see updated signs to reflect the changes. Could possibly be added to my to do list if asked properly and no one else is going to do it. You have files as requested so let me know either way please, thanks.

Kayla Johnson   July 6 at 7:53pm

We discussed it, and at this time we feel that there is no reason to update the signs. The tee pad and bridge weren't moved enough to make the current sign inaccurate.

Steve Moore   July 9 at 9:38pm

The walk out sign between 7 and 8 is getting wobbly, someone had tried to pull it out last week and I tried to fix temp. Maybe all signs and course in general could be looked at and list made of all issues, now and into future. Would probably be able to assist with this project as concerned disc golfer if any others would care to assist me. Thanks all

Steve Moore    June 30 at 11:39am

Woodmansee Tee pad #15 after reinstall new location. Good job to Barry and any others that were able to assist him with this project. I was not able to stay yesterday so went back this morning to get pictures to post for all to see.

Good job on the tee pad work, thanks from me.


AGRO JACKSON   June 30 at 2:59pm

Ty Barry. Good work as usual. Ty as well to the other people involved in getting this teepad back in.

Steve Moore    June 29 at 11:53pm

Would it be possible to see the payout charts used for Monday night and Sunday random doubles. Could this possibly be posted somewhere to be seen? Also how many players need to show up before club puts up a free CTP for all to toss at, if ever? And I know at this point not making Monday nights but looking at starting again, possible to know what handicap formula is this year? Thank you

show all 11 comments
Steven Winslow   June 30 at 1:46pm

David, you're more than welcome to reach out to the City of Salem. Considering that your actions almost got the entire Woodmansee course removed, perhaps you should go help Steve yourself.

AGRO JACKSON   June 30 at 2:28pm

My actions? When u point a finger ur pointing numerous back at urself. Neither cap city nor chain gang was paying city fees or insurance up to the point of my tourney last year. If thts wht ur referring to them know I was wrong for just following the likes of capital city's mistakes. I don't put on ... more

Kayla Johnson   June 30 at 3:05pm

Some clarification for all: Capital City Disc Golf Club does have an insurance policy which covers all of our events. We also have permits from the City of Salem for all of our leagues and tournaments that we run in city parks.

Steve Moore    June 29 at 9:08pm

And what the Woods was looking like 2 weeks ago before being cared for

Hope it doesn't get like this again, let's all work together please, thanks



Steve Moore    June 29 at 8:22pm

New walkthrough pictures of Woodmansee DGC after cleanup work done, couple more projects yet to finish up with. Big thanks out to the parks department supervisor for meeting with me on course and allowing this work and future discussions about the course and it's proper maintenance.

Enjoy the course and no more complaints about lost discs in fairways please,

also if you want to help me in my further adventures in course upkeep, please let me know.

Thanks all


show all 5 comments
THE "BEAST" OF THE WOODS   June 29 at 10:28pm

Yes, and I liked the new tee-pad too, thank you all for your hard work, you know who you are

THE "BEAST" OF THE WOODS   June 29 at 10:41pm

I was verry pleased to see Mike Patrick out there today.

Steve Moore   June 29 at 11:01pm

Yes it was a very nice surprise to see Mike, he joined our group and threw with us the last couple holes of doubles round. Looking forward to seeing new tee pad work. It's been a good couple three weeks for the old course. Hopefully the beginning agreements can be finished getting into place for ... more

Steve Moore    June 18 at 5:39pm

*** Woodmansee Course Update *** Just back in from course walk thru with Parks Supervisor and assistant. We came to some verbal agreements for moment which will be turned into written agreements down the line after few more items worked out. I will be point of contact for now for this process of course maintenance agreement with Parks department. Short term this means beginning next week I will be allowed to begin doing some work, volunteers will need to contact me and get proper paperwork ... more

show all 5 comments
Kayla Johnson   June 18 at 8:44pm

I appreciate and support your efforts Steve. I just want our members and volunteers to understand that they still need to go through our channels in order to get their hours counted. Just clarification, not an attack on you. You posted this on CCDG's page, so don't be upset by my response.

Steve Moore   June 18 at 9:17pm

Not upset, just concerned and trying to state facts and updates the best I can. But I will always stand by my comments and try to lead by example and working on getting projects accomplished for benifit of all. I wish it had not come to this but I feel very strong about courses layouts, playabilit ... more

Steve Moore   June 18 at 9:20pm

Also maybe better word out to all your members in better manner might allow us all to know what is going on with CCDG and their projects. It's all good, some more good then others, let's just learn how to all play and work nicely together for the common cause. Thank you

Steve Moore    June 15 at 5:50pm

**Wheatland Disc Golf course**

So after 6 hours of running my weed wacker last 2 days have been able to assist making dent in work still needed to finish up course for this weekend. The main (one of them) and most important thing left at moment is mowing 3-5 foot tall field fairways. If anyone has access to or knows anyone that could possibly assist us on this task please contact myself here, Jason Bruster, or Mike Wilson. I really hope someone can give us a big assist with this. Tractor mower is what is needed, lots of ground to cover,

Thank you in advance,



Brad Rich    June 15 at 1:28pm

Is there dubs going on today at cascades?

Kayla Johnson   June 15 at 1:38pm

Doubles is out at Camp Taloali today. It rotates every week, check the calendar for locations:

Brad Rich   June 15 at 2:23pm


Steve Moore    June 13 at 7:13pm

*** Woodmansee Course Update *** I was able to attend Salem Parks Board meeting last night and voiced my opinion on the course maintenance and was received well I believe. Today I received word from Parks Operation that I will be hearing from John Kleeman next week to arrange a walk thru of the course to discuss my issues and what can we do together to get and keep course in best possible playing condition into the future. I am sorry about the tall grass and other problems at this time b ... more

Steve Moore   June 16 at 7:07pm

Good news in, I will be having a on course meeting with Parks Supervisor on Wednesday to discuss issues and hopefully come to some long term resolutions for the course

Mike Wilson    June 11 at 12:22am

I'll be out there (Wheatland) about 3'ish. Look for my red Suburban.

Gloves, loppers, muscle are what we need.


Steve Moore    June 8 at 4:39pm

And another question for the group. Does anyone have any idea what happened to the two nice heavy duty weed pullers that were bought a few years back, originally used at Keizer course to pull Scotch Broom and other stuff with. If so would they be usable there or on any other course as needed. Just hope they didn't disappear somewhere, they were spendy I believe memory serve me good. Thank you


show all 10 comments
Steve Moore   June 15 at 5:32pm

Found him as Chris M and sent a message, does not seen to be any response from him there in long time. So if he can be located, thanks

Steve Moore   June 24 at 9:58pm

Looking to see if any one knows whereabouts of Chris McRae and how to reach him please. Would think this would be of concern to board members as to where tooks are

Steve Moore   6 days ago

So here is another topic that I seem to be the only one concerned about. No response as to Chris M whereabouts and so we just write the expense of two tools off? Maybe a better policy should be put in place for any thing that Capitol City purchases in future. Thanks

Steve Moore    June 8 at 2:58pm

So went to Keizer today and it needs work and cleanup pretty bad. Also see practice basket is still missing top portion and all chains due to that. Also hole 4 is still missing all but 1 outer and a bunch of inner chains. I am curious as to status of my 10 dollar donation and any other collected either at Tiger discs or else wise. Curious as to how much was collected and spent and when will they be back together. Thank you


Robert 'straight shooter' Jones   June 8 at 3:25pm

Steve the last thing I know about this situation is that I gave Mike Wilson a club check for $85.00 to pay for the chains. The last thing I heard was that they were trying to chase down the rimgs that hold the chains. I was advised that they had the chains. Hope this helps, Mike Wilson or Jason should be able to answer this in a my informed way. Hope that helps with your questions. Robert

Steve Moore   June 8 at 3:27pm

As usual thank you very much for your input and response. As usual just trying to find out if projects are finished and what condition our courses are in. Glad to hear from you and hope paths cross somewhere.

Robert 'straight shooter' Jones   June 8 at 3:30pm

My bad, should proof read better. Should have said "in a more informed way."