Alaska Disc Golf Association
Edan Badajos January 8, 2013 at 4:21am
Alaska Disc Golf Association Club Meeting - 1/8/13 Agenda 1. Leagues Update – (Louie). How have winter leagues been going? What’s the plan for the rest of the winter and next summer for leagues? 2. Westchester Update – (Tim K?). What is the status of the course for 2013? What plans does the ADGA have for Westchester in 2013? Does Anchorage Parks and Rec. have plans for Westchester in 2013 and do they plan to build another recreational course in town? Who will be the ADGA ... more
Alaska Disc Golf Association
Club Meeting - 1/8/13
1. Leagues Update – (Louie). How have winter leagues been going? What’s the plan for the rest of the winter and next summer for leagues?
2. Westchester Update – (Tim K?). What is the status of the course for 2013? What plans does the ADGA have for Westchester in 2013? Does Anchorage Parks and Rec. have plans for Westchester in 2013 and do they plan to build another recreational course in town? Who will be the ADGA contact for future Westchester projects?
3. Hilltop Update – (Brian). Our equipment lease is up and we need to negotiate a new deal. We currently have about $8,000 of equipment up at hilltop and they paid us $1750 for the previous two years of use. We would like to maintain our relationship with them however; we need an agreement in place that is fair to both parties. The options discussed at last meeting were: a) Hilltop buys all equipment from the ADGA, b) Hilltop continues to lease at a higher rate, or c) Hilltop returns our equipment and we sell it or use it at another course.
4. Peter’s Creek Update – (Edan). The ADGA is planning a large scale course maintenance project for the Fletcher Armstrong Memorial Disc Golf Course at Peter's Creek. We would like to install cement tee pads on all holes to provide better footing for players. The goal is to complete this project by mid-summer so that the course will be ready for our annual State Championship tournament. We may need a bobcat or some other type of equipment to help with digging and we will need to bring in some gravel and cement. As spring approaches, we will start recruiting volunteers and contacting contractors.
5. Alaska Disc Golf Championships Update - (Brian). Due to the increased number of participants at states this year, we will need to have the tournament at two different courses in 2013. The AKDGC will be held at Kincaid and Peter’s Creek with different divisions playing the courses on different days. We will need two Tournament Directors each day, one for Kincaid and one for PC. Course maintenance projects at Kincaid and PC must be completed before the tournament.
6. ADGA Positions/Responsibilities for 2013:
Kurtis Schoenberg – President/Homer rep.
Edan Badajos - Vice President/Secretary/Moose Pretzel rep.
Brian Gutzwiller - Parks and Rec. Liaison/Course Maint. Coordinator
Louie Orozco - Treasurer/Leagues/Membership Coordinator
Josh Jones - PDGA State Coordinator/Fairbanks rep.
Tim K. - Russian Jack/Westchester rep.
Thad M. - Hilltop rep.
John S. - Juneau rep.
Andrew J. - Kenai/Soldotna rep.
Jerry Lavine - Public Relations?
Jeremy B, Andrew D, Adam K, Patrick M - Tournament Directors?
7. 2013 Tournament Schedule – Possible events include:
Spring Tourney – May (Homer – Jack Gist) MPDGC
Forest Fling – May (Girdwood) MPDGC
Gangster Branch Open – June (Homer – Moose Pretzel) MPDGC
Solstice – June (Fairbanks) Cam
AKDGC – (Kincaid/PC) Brian
Eagle Open – (Kenai/Soldotna - Eeagle/Skyview) MPDGC
Tall Grass Open – Sept (Homer –Moose Pretzel) MPDGC
Fall Tourney – Oct (Homer – Jack Gist) MPDGC
Jailhouse – (PC) Louie
King of the Hill – (Hilltop) Thad M
Fairbanks Open – (Birch Hill) Josh J
Greatland Cup – (Juneau) John S.
Turkey Tourney – (Westchester) Brian
King of the Bowl? – Brian
8. Next Meeting?
Corey Nufer December 17, 2012 at 10:11am
Hey everyone! We here at Knollwood are trying to raise money for merchandise to sell for our cleanup and improvement efforts. Follow the link at the bottom of this message for a full description, a short video presentation, and the opportunity to either donate, or share my message with others.
I have just heard that the director of the City of Kalamazoo Parks department has resigned, so we have a new opportunity to truly change the image of Knollwood.
Jeremy Boyd November 15, 2012 at 2:29pm
Anyone free for some daytime golf today? I'm open to WCL, PC, or whatever.
Som Bouasri October 26, 2012 at 1:22pm
Just drove by WC, about 9 am on Friday, the baskets were up. Did they go up late yesterday or early today? Surely some one has some rounds put in already. I think I'll go at lunch.
Jerry LaVine October 24, 2012 at 3:10pm
Mayor Sullivan at 1:30pm today is announcing the opening of Westchester DG Course this Friday! I am excited to get back on the course. Channel 2 News is doing a story tonight about the course reopening.
Jeremy Boyd October 18, 2012 at 12:42am
One vote for putting the pins in the opposite of last winter's layout...it'd almost be like having a different course LOL
Andrew Jackson October 16, 2012 at 9:07am
what do you all think??
Casimir Abramczyk October 10, 2012 at 7:19am
Greetings Brad! Kudos for pushing!
What kinda lights you got for $2 (which should cost $5). When I hear "glo" league I was thinking the glow plastic, I've a couple...
Mike G October 9, 2012 at 8:36pm
I may not make this week or next but I will look into to getting some extra night golf stuff and do a discount or some kind of donation for the club
Brad Larson October 9, 2012 at 7:03pm
we are having our first official glo league at Russian Jack tomorrow, October 10th, @ 6:15. We will be playing the 9 hole lay out, with shortened tee pads on holes 2,3,7,8 and 9 to conserve time. If this allows us to, we may make it 13 holes next week we will see. If anyone needs lights I have a few extras for sale for $2.00 which is a great deal as I paid $4.50 each for them. I hope to see you out there, if you have any questions about the glo league call me at 907-980-0195.
Brad Larson October 2, 2012 at 10:29pm
Anybody interested in Wednesday night dubs? I've got 7 people at the moment, so we will be out there regardless, but as usual the more the merrier.
Brad Larson October 2, 2012 at 4:27pm
I'm trying to start another Wednesday night dubs at Russian Jack, the format would be the same as usual, 5 dollars, 1 dollar going to the club,the rest to the payout, random draw dubs, I'm hoping to start it tomorrow night, October 3rd at 6:15. All I need from you fine folks is a yes if you're interested so I know how many people will be there. Also Russian Jack is closed, so it will just be the 5 dollars, no additional Greens fees. Hope to hear from you guys and see you tomorrow.
Jake Haskin September 30, 2012 at 2:28pm
Not too bad actually. The only part that was flooded was hole one on the left hand side in those trees, it was up in the fairway a little but other than that it was beautiful.
Lou Dogg September 30, 2012 at 2:15pm
I talked to Mark with Parks and Rec and he said once the ground freezes the baskets will go back in. Was it still flooded on some areas of the course?
Jake Haskin September 30, 2012 at 3:02am
Any word on westchester? i took my portable down and set up every hole and played for old times sake. miss that place