Alaska Disc Golf Association

Est. 2003

Thad Murgatroyd    May 1 at 6:27pm

Hilltop Work party schedule . Friday at 2 . Saturday and Sunday at 11 . Boots and gloves are needed

josh stewart   May 9 at 2:04pm

Will my keens suffice?

Thad Murgatroyd   May 10 at 12:56pm

Josh Jones    May 1 at 4:01pm

Hey y'all, I wanted to update you on the events in Fairbanks this year, the schedule spreadsheet has some missing and incorrect info. If someone could fill in/correct it on there, that would be great. All three of our tournaments are C-Tier events this year. The Solstice Showdown is June 28, with two rounds at Birch Hill and run by Bobb Lockwood. The Mosquito Blood Drive is July 26-27 at Birch Hill, TD'd by myself. We will be unveiling a new back 9 layout at this event, and it is ... more

Jeremy Boyd   May 4 at 11:30am

Josh, I glanced at the event page for each of the three tournaments here on DG scene, and one event (Mosquito) shows that it is not sanctioned, while the other two indicate C-tier sanctioning for ams but unsanctioned for pros.

Josh Jones   May 4 at 11:45am

Thanks for updating the spreadsheet Jeremy. I'm not sure who made the DG scene announcements, but they didn't have the correct information. It was all correct on the spreadsheet I had been keeping, which I had sent to Brian while a back. All three are already sanctioned with the PDGA, I don't know why they haven't posted them yet, and I can't call them from Wales.

Josh Jones   May 4 at 11:50am

I've updated the DG scene pages for the Fairbanks tournaments.

Tre Jones    April 30 at 2:56pm

I will be in town tonight for Kincaid dubs if anyone wants to bring registration for the trilogy challenge. entry is 35$, additionally I will be sending off the order for our next order of shirts and hoodies if anyone wants to place an order for one of those.

Thad Murgatroyd    April 30 at 1:22am

Hilltop Bag Tags are ready !!! I will have them with me tomorrow at leagues . They are 15 buck and low numbers are available at first come first serve.

Tre Jones   April 30 at 2:57pm

thad I'll be picking one up tonight. thanks!

Thad Murgatroyd    April 25 at 9:25pm

We will be up at Hilltop this weekend trying to finish up hole 4,5,6 . Hole 4 and 5 just need cleaned up , hole 6 needs cut in but eith help will go fast . My cell # is 229 3740 . I will be there all weekend if interested in seeing the new course

Thad Murgatroyd    April 24 at 12:10pm

Hilltop is considering a Ladies League on our new 9 to encourage more Ladies to play . Let us know if it sounds interesting and yes it will be a Hilltop/ADGA league . Would you want it sanctioned?

Toni Osiecki   April 24 at 2:17pm

Tuesdays or Sundays are the only days I'd be able to come play. I'm indifferent to sanctioning as long as there isn't snow on the ground and layers stifling my flow :)

Thad Murgatroyd   April 24 at 3:39pm

This league will start in June so there will be no snow ( the new holes are almost clear of snow now) . We can do it on Tuesdays no problem . We are trying to run a dubs league the same night and the 2 course play completely seperate of each other. . I will let the ladies decide if they want it sanctioned .

Tre Jones    April 23 at 9:33pm

*!* Alaskan Trilogy Challenge *!* REMINDER Just a reminder, Anyone wanting to play in the Alaskan Trilogy Challenge and get the sweet 3 disc + swag players pack for the $35 price needs to sign up ASAP, I wont be ordering many extra packs so to ensure your spot you need to pre pay. I will be in Anchorage for Saturday leagues and can take payments then or you can pay online via PayPal and or through here on the tournament page. The cut off for pre pay will likely be early April which is only a ... more

Som Bouasri   April 24 at 1:34pm

If you come out next wednesdayto Kincaid I can pay you then. I will pay for a pack but I'm not sure if I'll be playing yet.

Toni Osiecki   April 24 at 2:15pm

Sorry, I'm moving that day...can't wait to come check out your course though!

Tre Jones   April 25 at 8:50pm

Bummer Toni. ya come out and play soon :D, Som, cool man i hopefully will make it to town soon. not sure about next wednesday but im sure we will figure it out.

Som Bouasri    April 23 at 5:42pm

Anyone have a Judge I can try out?

Adam Klein   April 23 at 6:57pm

Hi Som, I do believe Thad M and Danny T. both use Judges, maybe they have extras you can try.

Brian Cassidy   April 23 at 7:03pm

I also use a Judge. If you are at Kincaid this evening you are welcome to try it. Unfortunately I only have one at the moment. They are pretty awesome. I used one for an afternoon and replaced the putter I had been using for ten years.

Lou Dogg    April 23 at 12:52pm

In observance of Earth Day (yesterday) we WILL be holding an unofficial round tonight at Kincaid Park. Same 6:15/6:30 pm times. $5 per person, full cash payout. I will also have a few Outback Steakhouse vouchers to give away at the end in the form of CTP's. I will provide the trash bags. Only two more weeks until until we make WNDubs an official event! Not too sure I can wait! See you all tonight!

Thad Murgatroyd    April 23 at 1:20am

Thanks to Joe . S and John Thein ,you guys killed today. hole 4s green looks great and the line is open with the tipped tree gone . Great work guys . Thanks again . Next work party is Thursday at 2pm and this weekend starting at 11 am . More the merrier

Thad Murgatroyd    April 22 at 12:35am

We are meeting at 2 at the bottom of Hilltop to do some work on the new 9 . Bring boots or extratuffs and gloves . We also are working every weekend starting at 11 am . Hilltop encourages everyone to come see the new course . It should be a fun short technical course and we want your imput and help . If we support Hilltop the planning for a peters creek style 18 in the woods next to the ski hill will start later this summer . How cool would 3 very different courses in one place be . We and I nee ... more

Tyler W    April 21 at 11:38pm

Did anyone happen to find/pick up a red mvp volt Saturday at kencaid on the soccer field? Name and number were on the disc.

Tay Harling    April 17 at 4:07pm

Kincaid around 5 or 6 anyone?

Greg Rouse    April 17 at 1:25am

On another note- it doesn't seem likely that we will have our baskets in time for the Trilogy Challenge. I'm putting out an open request for anyone who has a basket or who can talk their way into getting a basket or two (or 9) for just one day to step up. Doesn't matter if it is freestanding or needs a sleeve- if you can get it, I'll make it work. It will definitely be a smoother and more satisfying/challenging tournament if we could do the new 18 layout once through as opposed to 9x2. I'll even see if we can hook you up with some free goodies if you can get a basket for us to use.

Greg Rouse   April 18 at 2:42am

Make some calls! I have a basket available from 3 or 4 people in our club, so we'd need 5 or 6. I know the resources are out there... I'll probably go out of pocket on a prize for those who bring one for the day. And then we can do an 18 hole cash round!!!

Greg Rouse   April 18 at 2:44am

We played target golf today (hitting a marked zone on trees) for an unofficial summer dubs kickoff. Everyone had a really a awesome time.

Lou Dogg   April 18 at 2:30pm

True dat Boyd. I got ahead of myself. So yeah, volunteer up a basket folks.

Greg Rouse    April 17 at 12:10am

Just a reminder- it's pretty important that you guys enter for the trilogy challenge ASAP because Tre needs the money to order the packs. Obviously it's gonna take a while for 20 or 30 something packs of 3 discs plus swag to ship to Alaska, and he wants to get the order in by the end of the month. Thanks y'all.

Greg Rouse   April 17 at 1:16am

Right on. Kick everyone else's ass, too. Gonna be a good tournament.

Jeremy Boyd   April 17 at 2:18am

Register for this one guys, it'll be fun and well worth the entry in plastic

Greg Rouse   April 17 at 2:55am

Yep. First run/ unreleased driver, mid and putter plus some other stuff I can't remember for 35. Thats like $12 a disc, not including the swag. Plus someone's gonna win a huge prize pack, and of course there will probably be CTP...

Thad Murgatroyd    April 13 at 10:43pm

Thanks to Adam,John and Jackson for your hard work today and this weekend . We got alot done but still alot to do . I will be up there this week and plan for another weekend work party . Thanks again

Greg Rouse    April 10 at 1:52am

Hey guys. Tomorrow night is our final "regular season" league for this series. The final event is Sunday. Top 25(ish) in points will qualify. If you look at the leaderboard you'll see that there's a good chance for those of you who have never played in this league to still qualify for finals. So I'm looking forward to seeing some "new" faces tomorrow night and again on Sunday for the big finale. As usual I'll probably be making it rain with CTP prizes and ... more

Jeremy Boyd   April 10 at 10:22am

See you this afternoon/evening Greg

Toni Osiecki    April 9 at 9:00pm

Check out everything the ADGA has been up to and been planning. Here is the ADGA Newsletter: Quarter 1, 2014 where all the information out there is assembled in one place! This is a work in progress, be respectful...and gentle...in your comments. https://www.smore.com/mn8m

Jamie Adams   April 10 at 10:40am

The newsletter is a great addition to keep membership informed and involved- it looks great Toni! Thank you Alaska Disc Golf Association for recently recognizing and adding me as an honorary member. Disc golf in Alaska will always have a place in my heart and I wish you the best in continuing to grow our great sport.

kurtis schoenberg   April 10 at 1:08pm

Looks great Toni, very nicely done!

Jeremy Boyd   April 10 at 3:27pm

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication over the years Jamie. This is shaping up to be quite a year for the ADGA, we are hoping to accomplish a lot of great things this year!

Toni Osiecki    April 8 at 11:26pm

Officers: Adam Klein/pres, Toni O/sec, Lou Dogg/teas, Jeremy Boyd/VP Members: Eric Hepola, Tay Harding, Rick Kramer--7:15: Joe Schact, Jake Haskin--7:30: Andrew DiRoma--7:45 James Beckner Location: VFW, Brayton Dr., Anchorage, AK-7pm Old Business * member can request accounting of books anytime * financial report quarterly at minimum, monthly preferred * if we are 501c3 by next year Delta wants to sponsor 10k/year * Need to fill out final sections for state nonprofit sta ... more

Tre Jones   April 10 at 4:03pm

course workparty at alcantra will be Saturday the 26th, unfortunatly thats the only day we can shcedule it for with the highscool in order to get all of the kids out helping. we are trying to get 6 responsible adults out there so we can have more kids helping. If anyones interested it would be greatly appriciated.

Tre Jones   April 10 at 4:05pm

i know thats the last day of PDGA leagues at PC, maybe some would be willing to come after? if we had enough we could possibly do a night round for $?

Adam Klein   April 12 at 1:30pm

@Thad...yes, Kincaid is on the list...actually looking at switching work days from PC to Kincaid since it is almost clear.

Jake Haskin    April 5 at 4:31pm

Update on great land cup, convinced ugly to change the dates to the 6th/7th to not conflict with tall grass. Hope more of y'all can make it!!! It's awesome...

Toni Osiecki   April 7 at 1:24am

way to go! I'd love to check out Juneau!!

Jake Haskin   April 7 at 12:06pm