Alaska Disc Golf Association

Est. 2003

Greg Rouse    October 1 at 10:15pm

Want to get something going for this weekend. How many people would be down for a cash dubs round at hilltop? If not, how many for PC?

Greg Rouse   October 1 at 11:43pm

I should specify- Saturday.

Thad Murgatroyd    September 29 at 2:45pm

Season is Ending ....Hilltop will be pulling both the courses on October the 13th ( The day after Season Finale) Come enjoy the courses while they are still up .They are both playing and looking great and we encourage you to play the short 9 if you haven't tried it yet .it is well worth playing .

Thad Murgatroyd    September 19 at 4:28pm

Alaskan Golfers can take pride that Hilltop DGC is now rated 53rd in the Nation on Discgolfscene.com. Thank you to all that support Hilltop and we will continue to grow and improve the courses .This course wouldn't happen with out great volunteers and Rick Cramer .When you see them Thank them for their hard work.

Jeremy Boyd   September 19 at 8:22pm

That's awesome Thad, reminds me that I still need to update my review...Monday when I'm back from the peninsula I'll do that

Mike Briseno    August 11, 2014 at 8:23pm

Lost Tsunami Breaker behind the basket of 18. Reward. Numbers on the disc.

Jeremy Boyd   August 11, 2014 at 8:32pm

course?

Jeremy Boyd   August 11, 2014 at 8:33pm

kincaid I assume ?

Tre Jones   August 13, 2014 at 3:24am

which one a tsunami or a breaker? two different discs. but i havent seen either. considering i havent played kincaid since states tho i guess i wouldnt have... lol

Greg Rouse    August 9, 2014 at 9:25pm

Cash singles at alcantra in about an hour/ hour an a half. 7 people in so far. 5 buck buy and tags probably in. As soon as we're done trimming new hole 8 we will be organizing in the parking lot.

Greg Rouse   August 10, 2014 at 5:19am

We'll do tags during singles league tomorrow (Sunday.)

Thad Murgatroyd   August 10, 2014 at 2:32pm

Tags should always be in play in a singles match. Just saying

Jeremy Boyd   August 11, 2014 at 12:08am

he meant all the tags in despite what card you were on

Jake Haskin    August 8, 2014 at 7:39pm

Cash game tomorrow! 10 am at PC, 5 smackaroos folks!!

Jeremy Boyd   August 9, 2014 at 4:48pm

making some great progress today with Greg and Aaron...the fairways are starting to take shape!

Adam Klein   August 9, 2014 at 9:55pm

I hope that more members from the ADGA will make an effort to help the MSDGA with their completion of the 18 hole Alcantra course. They have worked very hard since late winter to achieve their goal, get out there and show your appreciation for their efforts by giving them a few hours of your time. If you have the time to play DG you have the time to volunteer.

Jake Haskin   August 10, 2014 at 2:13am

Not about the time, it's about havin the means to get out there. Personally anyway, if I didn't have family stuff goin on and I had a mode of transportation out there, i woulda helped. Alas I did not though...

josh stewart    August 6, 2014 at 12:59am

So I've been kicking around the idea of a fall glow league Saturday nights at WCL w a few Dg NOMADS. I'd really just like to play a round w the lit baskets and actual glow discs or day glow/ black light reaponsive discs. Even if we just played it for s's & g's. Anyone interested?

josh stewart   August 6, 2014 at 8:57pm

Yeah no basket, consensus on contact w plastic chains. Black lights on stakes for all baskets. Contact will be obvious

josh stewart   August 6, 2014 at 8:58pm

Those nomads, if you hit target area you pretty much made it on a reg basket.

josh stewart   August 6, 2014 at 8:59pm

5$ w a pack of AAA's bought and subtracted from payout. So all lights will work.

Greg Rouse    August 6, 2014 at 12:22am

Alcantra Open plastic just came in. Received a limited number of very special colors. Pay early- payment order will reflect who gets to choose their plastic first! Looking forward to seeing you all.

Thad Gunther   August 6, 2014 at 4:17am

post a pic of the discs!

Greg Rouse   August 6, 2014 at 4:23am

The limited ones are posted as pictures on the tourney page on here. Teal havocs (there are also a couple gold ones,) and grey scythes (the rest are white.)

Toni Osiecki    August 5, 2014 at 9:12pm

There is no ADGA meeting planned at Hilltop tonight. Come for leagues at 7pm!

Colin T    August 5, 2014 at 7:02pm

Interested in playing a round or two at some of the courses here in anchorage. I'm from alabama and didn't bring any of my discs with me...is sports authority my best option or are there any strictly disc golf stores around town?

Colin T   August 5, 2014 at 7:05pm

great, thanks!

Mike Miles   August 5, 2014 at 7:46pm

You should come to Tuesday Night Pitch and Putt tonight at Hilltop Ski Area. It's 10 dollars and it's a great time with some disc golfers.

Adam Klein   August 5, 2014 at 8:10pm

also i am sure Hilltop has a good selection of custom stamped discs for sale...and you are supporting Hilltop to boot.

Thad Murgatroyd    August 5, 2014 at 1:59pm

I have tried over the last few days to start a DDAR League but I am doing something wrong with the scheduling because it won't let me pick a date a ace occurred on. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Lou Dogg   August 5, 2014 at 2:33pm

Because it's not something that happens on the same day like leagues maybe you should treat it like a tourney. That way you can add everyone that attended, give everyone a score of 54, and post aces and the amounts for those who hit. This will work. Although, there could be a better way. Maybe send Pete Crist a PM. He's great about responding. Hope this helps.

Thad Murgatroyd   August 5, 2014 at 4:48pm

Awesome thanks Louie. I will see if he can add a Ace race format

Thad Murgatroyd    July 31, 2014 at 2:45pm

One extra thing is this: if you have a few discs that you dont use or need please bring them to donate to our Military personnel here and abroad . We will have a collection box out so please help and lets show these great people what a awesome dg community we have here . Thanks to all of you

Thad Murgatroyd    July 29, 2014 at 12:50pm

Lots of fun planned for this weekend at the Hill . Friday starts it off with Dirty Dollar Ace Race at 7 pm , we are looking for experienced players for Saturday's Healing Hearts Tournament . Its a event to honor our Military Veterans . All we ask is you come out and give tips , teach and have fun . You will recieve a Disc and a free lunch for your time . Sunday is our 2nd Annual Ace Race which will be 36 holes on the new 9 with new looks on 8 of the holes . Hope to see everyone out there this weekend .

Adam Klein   July 29, 2014 at 2:10pm

count me in for both.

James Geffe   July 29, 2014 at 2:28pm

Can you post times for the Saturday and Sunday events?

Thad Murgatroyd   July 29, 2014 at 10:27pm

9 AM Sign in both days

Thad Murgatroyd    July 23, 2014 at 3:58pm

Taco Tuesday!!! Whats better than Pitch and Putt League? $1 Taco's is What! Prior to leagues next Tuesday we will have Taco's at the Snack Shack . Come get your grub on .

Greg Rouse    July 21, 2014 at 2:30pm

Thanks to everyone who came out to support the MSDGA at the Rally. We hope you all enjoyed yourselves. That said, I'm starting to make the final preparations for the Alcantra Open. I will be planning several work days in the coming weeks. What we require to get the new 18 ready for play is weedwhackers and a pole saw or two. The lines are already cut, we just need to get the vegetation knocked down. Also there are some lower branches (as seen on "Hole 3" from Rally) that need to c ... more

Adam Klein   July 21, 2014 at 9:26pm

You can use the same two I brought out Sat. and a disc catcher which I believe is like Lou Dogg's.

Greg Rouse   July 21, 2014 at 9:38pm

So far I have 7 tentatively committed with you guys- 9 is obviously the target (no pun intended.) Thanks guys, and anybody else who has a (preferably all steel) basket hit me up!

Aaron Merideth   July 21, 2014 at 9:53pm

Justin foster has one I bet he will let us use

Thad Murgatroyd    July 20, 2014 at 12:43am

Thad Murgatroyd just now
Food Shack is back !!!!
Starting Monday the Trailer at Hilltop will be taking Greens fees and will have food for sale again . I'm not sure what is on the menu yet but did hear mention of personal pizza's and Hotdogs and Hamburgers , Drinks and snacks . They more that play the better it should get . Come early for Tuesday's league and grab a bite .
Reply · Permalink · Unfollow this post · Delete

Matt Hernandez    July 17, 2014 at 11:42pm

Hey guys, lost my charcoal colored Lat 64 Diamond driver on hole 3 at kincaid couple days ago. It should be somewhere in the brush to the right of the basket. If anyone finds it let me know. It says MH 9075387210 on the bottom. I'll buy ya a beer if anyone finds it and let's me know! :-) thanks.

Thad Murgatroyd    July 16, 2014 at 11:56pm

Due to it being just too much fun Hilltop will host a monthly Dirty Dollar Ace Race. The next one will be July 25th which is a Friday. This seemed like a good date due to no tournaments that weekend within 200 miles and being Airshow weekend I figured we would have a good crowd in town that weekend . If you missed it last time , the game is a ace race with a dollar paid in every hole , if noone hits it it rolls to the next hole where everyone buys in again . Lou dog hit a 269.00 dollar ace and J ... more

Lou Dogg   July 17, 2014 at 4:36am

Dang! I'll be heading up to Fairbanks early Friday morning for the MBD. Have fun to those of you who go. Dirty Dollars pay bills too you know, haha! Doing this monthly is a great idea! I'll be at the next one.

James Geffe   July 17, 2014 at 5:45pm

Sounds great to me!! I missed the last one and don't have the money to out of town. I'll be there :)

Greg Rouse    July 13, 2014 at 11:32pm

Hey guys, I'm considering upping the pro buy for my tournament to $55-$60 to increase payout. In addition- as I mentioned yesterday- any additional sponsor money I bring in after my costs are covered will be added to the pot. Hope to see you there.

Thad Gunther    July 10, 2014 at 4:17pm

AKDGC SCORES ARE UP ON PDGA!!