Alaska Disc Golf Association

Est. 2003

AK Discer    November 30, 2010 at 11:52am

I'll call when I have time away from work today.

Also, my "committment" has nothing to do with the USDGC topic being discussed here. All my posts and statements were in regards to this only. Please stay on topic as these other things can be discussed in a more appropriate forum.

Zoe AnDyke    November 30, 2010 at 2:41am

Hey Sean- I don't know what your trying to do here, but I'll tell you what i'm trying to do. I am doing everything in my power to ensure that the thoughts of disc golfers are conveyed to our SC. Everyone on that document knowingly committed to sharing their views. If you do not feel that way I apologize for not being even more clear. How dare you try to tear down the credibility of that document, and me. You should be ashamed of yourself. Remember Sean- we are on the same team- just disc ... more

AK Discer    November 29, 2010 at 11:55pm

My statement was construed as me changing my mind? My mind never changed, I was undecided by saying I can see both points of view. There was nothing listed in my previous statement that I decided one way or another. I remember when the point series was near final decision...it was for the 2011 bid, not 2012. We don’t have the ability to foresee what anyone involved in disc golf is going to do or not do. I would like to see the governance that the ADGA has over the State Coordinator i ... more

Brandon Bueter    November 29, 2010 at 11:36pm

here in michigan it is the way it should be I believe the way that thad kind of touched on, the michigan resident that places highest in the state championships. the strongest player at that point in time in the state. and there is no issue about it the state coordinator is the last one to settle a dispute if there is even one other than that the michigan disc golf organization creates the program and then they stick to it which seems to be the problem that you have there... you need to stick ... more

AK Discer    November 29, 2010 at 9:57pm

What are other State Coordinators doing to resolve this issue in their home state? I'd be interested in hearing that as it might provide some insight.

Zoe AnDyke    November 29, 2010 at 8:51pm

Well, I think the USDGC issue is one that we all want to be over! I really hope the right decision is made- John should be awarded the next USDGC bid. As far as all of the opinions posted, great job to John for doing all the work to contact each peson named, with only the exception of Josh Jones and Sean Perkins. Josh Jones will gladly re-state his opinion to any and everyone! As for Sean Perkins- I let him know I wanted to hear everyone's opinion and make it known to all!!! Thanks for your ... more

AK Discer    November 29, 2010 at 4:49pm

Not that it even matters now, but John never talked to me directly about my response nor did he have my permission to post or send anything. I never even knew this list was being compiled until I got an email about "what I said". I was never asked any of this by him (Edan posed the question) and my only comment about it was during the November meeting. I stated that it should go to John, but I got to thinking about the situation and then was undecided. However, Zoe called me (days after the ... more

Brandon Bueter    November 29, 2010 at 10:30am

From an outsider looking in... The PDGA state coordinator would not exist without the ADGA, the ADGA has created the need for a PDGA state coordinator. So in all reality yes the ADGA should have some say in what goes on with this matter and should ensure that it is enforced. This discussion is completely unnecessary, Edan if you had won this bid would there even be a discussion or would you just snatch that bid right up? I think there is a conflict of interest here, I see the second place f ... more

Edan Badajos    November 29, 2010 at 4:16am

I agree with Brian, this issue is not for the ADGA to decide. It is up to the PDGA State Coordinator to decide how the 2012 USDGC Bid will be awarded. I am currently waiting to hear back from Innova and the folks who run the USDGC before I make my final decision on this matter. As I have said before, I am willing to listen to input from all the AK PDGA members who have thoughts on this issue.

Thanks,

Edan Badajos

PDGA Alaska State Coordinator

Brian Gutzwiller    November 28, 2010 at 11:22pm

This is just in response to the last post.

Zach " I think that the ADGA needs to honor their commitment and award the USDGC bid to John"

The ADGA has nothing to do with the Bid to the USDGC. This is an issue between John, Edan(state coord.), PDGA, and Innova.

Zach Beltz    November 28, 2010 at 10:19pm

As far as this USDGC bid issue goes, I personally believe that there isn't an issue. John won the "Best in Alaska" point series and the reward is a USDGC bid. Regardless of the circumstances, nothing was said of any changes to the reward for winning the point series. I think that the ADGA needs to honor their commitment and award the USDGC bid to John.

Thad Gunther    November 28, 2010 at 4:21pm

Come on AKDGers!!!!!, have an opinion, the only way to have a voice is to let others know what you think.

If no one shares what they think, then we can't really have a dialogue. We are all adults, I think that we can all have a open forum to raise questions and concerns without acting childish. I hope I am not wrong. Lets have everyone speak for themselves on this forum.

Thad Gunther    November 26, 2010 at 11:23pm

Since this is a discussion board...let us discuss. Personally, I think that it is a great idea to have a "Best in Alaska" Championship Points Series. It is a great accomplishment, and should get some sort of award. But if we are just looking at the question "Should the USDGC bid be paid out for this year’s series? " What if it was the same criteria as last year, where the highest Alaskan Finisher at AK State Champ's was in line for the USDGC bid, ??? We would be having the same di ... more

Edan Badajos    November 25, 2010 at 3:15am

Edan, Just so you are aware of the player’s true thoughts in this matter, I have compiled these quotes. I asked the same question below to all those listed, and these are their responses- used with their permission. Should the USDGC bid be paid out for this year’s series? Andy S. “I think the prize should be honored. It would be foolish not too.” Greg R. “It should definitely pay out. We were playing for the next USDGC bid.” Luke M. unable to reach for comment ( ... more

Thad Gunther    November 15, 2010 at 9:41pm

What up AK? is there a boycott on the discussion board?

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm in Phoenix and playing in the Cactus Championships this weekend!

Planning the annual trip to Hawaii this winter.

If anyone is interested the dates of the tourneys are as follows:

The Big Island Open January 21-23, 2011 http://www.hcdc.us/

Maui Open the following weekend 28-30 at Poli Poli, maybe one of the best courses ever.

Peace

Thad Murgatroyd    September 27, 2010 at 12:35am

Thanks everyone that came out to the End of Season party/ preview of Hilltop DGC .I hope everyone had fun throwing the new course .all input and comments would be greatly appreciated .,what was your favorite hole ? Why. what was your least favorite ? why?. We want Alaska to be the best place to play discgolf in the northwest .Lets make AK the place to play.

Edan Badajos    September 23, 2010 at 8:09pm

Who knows about the results from the Greatland Cup?

Casimir Abramczyk    September 21, 2010 at 9:48pm

Soooo, are we playing Dubs tommorow? It's been a while & I'm jonezin'...

Thad Murgatroyd    September 21, 2010 at 8:41pm

The End of Season Party has been moved to Hilltop .Everyone will be able to play the course that will be going in next June .We will set up 9 holes for a morning round and set up the back 9 while everyone enjoys the BBQ .So come on out and have fun and enjoy the new course .Meet by the chalet around 9 on Sunday ,Sept 26

Edan Badajos    September 8, 2010 at 4:16am

what's the deal with the Season Finale? I havn't seen any info here on DG Scene or on the PDGA web site.