Alaska Disc Golf Association

Est. 2003

Thad Gunther    December 17, 2010 at 7:09pm

Personal character assassination attempts don't have a place on this forum. I don't believe that opinions of another person are going to be changed on-line. Only through actions do opinions change. Looking forward to the 2012 USDGC bid there is one topic I feel that could be discussed. What do you all think about changing the bid to the year of. For example AK State Championship was July 10-11, USDGC Sept 24th. With 2 1/2 months to figure out time off, travel, and accommodations. Or some sor ... more

Dale Rogan    December 17, 2010 at 6:56pm

I don't have to defend anything to you about what was said as the truth is still GLARING. I’ve already gave credit for what they’ve done, but that doesn’t give any of them the right to be the way they have. I’m sure others aren’t taking that away from them either, but that is not what is on trial here. It is the disgust, divide, and overzealousness that are on trial. Their egos are so large they confuse truth, passion, and nobility for what THEY think is right. There is still a di ... more

Brandon Bueter    December 17, 2010 at 5:45pm

Dale it appears as you don't exist, you have played no events in alaska in the past few years, you have never showed up to help with any of the work that needed to be done, so as far as the disc golf community you do not exist. You are trying to create a war against the people that are creating more opportunity and bettering the sport for you so that you can go out and play disc golf. So with that being said in the disc golf community you do not exist, or could be called "fictional". I must g ... more

Brad Stevens    December 17, 2010 at 5:28pm

Oh Snap

Dale Rogan    December 17, 2010 at 5:04pm

Would've posted sooner, but I've been on the slope. Here we go; nice job with the positive reinforcement after you got confirmation on the USDGC. Now you say we've done a lot after questioning what the prez has done. You say no one should discredit what past and present leaders have done, but you and your lackeys did to the current prez. You’re full of hypocrisy, condescension, and fake nobility. I’m sure everyone can't wait to hear you justify this one... Also, John, what has this " ... more

Thad Gunther    December 14, 2010 at 5:27pm

Great to see so many registered players in AK. Check it out on pdga

www.pdga.com/player-ratings-search.

Thad Gunther    December 14, 2010 at 5:24pm

PDGA AK Pro Rankings as of 12/14/2010 1 Sonny Ashby 994 2 Thaddaeus Gunther 972 3 David Fielding 966 4 John Lorentzen 962 5 Edan Badajos 957 6 ChuckD. Pettit 950 7 Johnny Simpson 950 8 Josh Jones 939 9 Greg Roberts 933 10 Donny Willis 928 11 Andrew Severson 925 12 Luke Monyer 914 PDGA AK AM Men Rankings as of 12/14/2010 Ian Dolphin 945 Bill Winkler 944 Christopher Goodrich 942 Sean Perkins 936 Kur ... more

John Lorentzen    December 14, 2010 at 4:36am

Disc Golfers of Alaska, The Alaska Disc Golf Association is doing a lot of positive things in our State. As it was mentioned by our president, we have done a lot this year to be proud of. I don’t think anyone should discredit past or present leaders in AK disc golf. It takes A LOT of time and effort to hold that title! Truly, it is unfortunate that an individual threatens to walk away, but disc golf will continue. Please, don’t let the lies of a fictional face like “Dale” discourag ... more

Dale Rogan    December 13, 2010 at 9:38pm

I've heard so much about all of this and I'm finally glad that it is over. All of this didn't even need to happen, everybody just needed to STFU and wait for the state coordinator to make the decision based on the 411 from those in power. John may have done a lot for disc golf and the community, but he has also done a lot to divide the community (at least as of late). I'm sure he says that he did this in the name of honor and making people responsible. Responsible for what!? Responsible for ... more

Edan Badajos    December 12, 2010 at 12:14am

OK folks, the USDGC has finally announced that there will be State Representatives in 2011 and it is up to the State Coordinators to determine how that bid is awarded. So, now that I have collected all the necessary information, I am happy to announce again that John Lorentzen will be representing the State of Alaska at the 2011 USDGC.

Luke Monyer    December 10, 2010 at 11:42pm

The prize was 2011 bid, not 2012, theirs my opinion fill in the rest of it yourselves

Dustin Hanson    December 10, 2010 at 7:41pm

Without taking sides, this sounds like the best option...

"Lets just have a fight to the death Tron style with glow discs! Edan vs. John L. to decide the USDGC bid... followed by the main event Zoe vs. Sean P"

Chris Schaefer    December 10, 2010 at 1:41pm

I would like to know who questioned Brian's character and committment to ADGA at Tuesday's meeting and called for a change in leadership. This is an absolute travesty in my mind. Brian has done so much for the club this year and to call all of that into question and negate all that he has done due to the unrest regarding the USDGC bid is beyond my imagining. I agree with Dale's comments below about all of this causing a separation in the Alaska disc golf community. We are too small to have such division in our state.

Dale Rogan    December 10, 2010 at 12:02pm

I actually spoke to some peeps and nothing was ever mentioned about having an all ADGA board member vote saying John should go. The president resigned and from what I can tell about reading some of the responses, John has misrepresented himself about truths supposedly told and quoting people that didn't say what was quoted. It almost seems like this is an act of desperation instead of just dealing with the fact that we don't have control over the matter. It was for 2011 and there is a 2011 US ... more

John Lorentzen    December 10, 2010 at 4:26am

We all know that I will get the 2011 bid if it was there to give, but as of now, the “bid” USDGC has been moved to 2012. 2011 was the label of the assumed next USDGC. The prize was the A BID to go to the USDGC. I know that, you know that and everyone else that spoke up knows that. You have had an overwhelming amount of people response to you about this matter. E-mails, phone calls, posts online and the document of quotes I put together for you, were all in response to you wanting people ... more

Edan Badajos    December 10, 2010 at 1:42am

John, you won this year's point series and the prize was the 2011 USDGC Bid. If Innova decides that the State of Alaska gets a bid to the 2011 USDGC, then the bid is yours. As far as 2012 USDGC Bid goes, I'm not going to to make any kind of decision now for a tournament that is two years away. Innova has not even announced how qualification will be decided for 2011, who knows what is going to happen in 2012. I'm sorry, that Innova and the USDGC decided to switch things up and I really hope that you get to go to Rock Hill next year to represent the state of Alaska.

John Lorentzen    December 9, 2010 at 9:29pm

Edan, we have been playing phone tag for the last few days. I will keep trying to get you on the phone but until then maybe this is a better way to ask you a question or two. I realize we have alot of unanswered questions about next year. With that said, are you going to honer your points series and pay out a bid to the next possible usdgc? (That was the intention, right) Even if that means you can't pay it out until 2012. I'm asking this question only because their has been no final announcement that a bid will be paid out.

Jamie Adams    December 9, 2010 at 8:57pm

Kurtis- the Alaska Disc Golf Association has an official association website which is used for official information, announcemnents, schedule etc. Discgolfscene.com and facebook are social networking tools, to any business, and work great for their purpose- social networking. The club needs to continue to utilize the website for official business and announcements.

As always- big THANKS to Louie for keeping our website going!

AK Discer    December 9, 2010 at 2:29pm

I've made that suggestion before, but this isn't "our" site to post that kind of club business. I thought it was a great idea for the same reasons that you have Kurtis....there is more traffic here within our club, than on our club site.

kurtis schoenberg    December 9, 2010 at 12:15pm

I know we are posting the ADGA minutes on AlaskaDiscGolf but maybe we should post them here as well? It seems like more and more people are using this site for information and to chat rather then our ADGA site. Thoughts? Thanks to Jamie (I believe) for taking minutes and to Louie for putting them up on the site!!!