Alaska Disc Golf Association

Est. 2003

Andrew Jackson    June 17, 2011 at 4:46pm

Jeremiah,

Where you playing this weekend??..I'll be stuck at the Eagle in Kenai..BUT it will be just GREAT!!!

John Lorentzen    June 17, 2011 at 3:52pm

I'm glad you got that off your chest. Do you feel beter now? Good!!! I guess you'll continue bad mouthing everyone you can that is trying to make a difference in disc golf. We'll just have to go on with out ya. ACTIONS speak louder then words! Btw, you're always welcome to join up!

Dale Rogan    June 17, 2011 at 3:14pm

You have some issues Brandon, we went rounds last time as it seems history is going to repeat itself. You’re stating nonfactual information about the ties that John has with the ADGA. I’m glad to see the disc golf community got rid of his lackeys from the board. If you’re talking about that aspect of removing John from the ADGA, then I “guess” that qualifies. It seems every time you speak you insert your foot into your mouth. John is evading his accountability AGAIN I see. Not ... more

John Lorentzen    June 17, 2011 at 2:17pm

Amen brother! Now lets play golf!

Jeremiah Simono    June 17, 2011 at 1:10pm

It kind of looks like you may have gotten a bad first impression of John and/or the ADGA as well. It happens. On behalf of the small percentage of the ADGA I represent. I would like to apologize for anything that may have left a bad taste in your mouth. I don't want anyone to feel alienated. I don't want to see disc golfers turned against each other in a civil war so to speak. Just keep in mind, you may not have gotten such a great first impressions with others here either. I hope that we all he ... more

Jeremiah Simono    June 17, 2011 at 12:53pm

Why can't we all just get along? First off, I will take NO sides in these types of arguments, but, I will elaborate on what has transpired here, in public, on the Scene. There has been talk of first impressions. Here was my first impression of Peter, it's a quote about the Goon baskets on Dannie Hallins board... Peter Shiver › May 26 at 9:26am "yeah, that course sux after about 1 or 2 pm and screwed me on several putts. One guy said to me "learn to putt better on them and you won't h ... more

Dustin Hanson    June 17, 2011 at 12:23pm

Holly cow indeed!

John Lorentzen    June 17, 2011 at 10:08am

Listening to you couple of people complain for the last day, has got me thinking back the last 7 years. Holly cow, we have done a lot! Something like 7 or more local courses, a pile of leagues and tourneys, and the building of what was a strong club. It is truly unfortunate that a few people were hurt along the way. And if it was me doing the hurting, then I apologize. Look at what the efforts of a few people have accomplished! Thanks people that have helped! I sure enjoy having course options! ... more

Brad Larson    June 17, 2011 at 2:22am

Okay, I'm not taking any sides here, because I wasn't there for the fore mentioned grievances, but I will say the one day that I volunteered at Hilltop I was welcomed with open arms, even though I was hours late. I see nobody responded to to the fact that the leagues being held there is why we get a 20% discount, JUST SAYING. In conclusion can't we all just get along?

Luke Monyer    June 16, 2011 at 11:07pm

throwing in my cents....

a lot of work has got accomplished over the years, which I'm sure people appreciate in their own way

but the way people are treated and talked to are done disrespectfully, everyone's different and are entitled to do as they will without hearing negative criticism for not pleasing someones wishes

speaking from a long time of first hand experience...

Dustin Hanson    June 16, 2011 at 9:00pm

As much as I like, not love, the new Hilltop course, there is no way that I am going to play doubles there. One group tees off on 1, another tees off on... what 17, and then one more can tee off on 15? It's a 3 hour (minimum) commitment and the hills are killer on this old man.

John Lorentzen    June 16, 2011 at 8:42pm

Here's something constuctive, FAIRBANKS DISC GOLF tourney! This Saturday at 4pm, birch hill dg couse!!!! They are really looking forward to our support. Hot weather and lots of golf!!! What more could you ask for. If you need a ride or help in any way getting there, let me know. 250-8216

Som Bouasri    June 16, 2011 at 8:39pm

What!!!

People are getting called out and things getting blown out of proportion, that never happens in the Alaska Disc Golf Association.

Oh wait...

Meh

Peter Shiver    June 16, 2011 at 8:33pm

John, it wasn't a matter of accomplishing anything malicious. Observations were made and you attacked them with a "holier than now" attitude and it is off-putting. The other off-putting comments were you guilt tripping people that weren't there to help. Yeah, maybe more should’ve come up to help, but people have lives as well and/or kids, etc. How do you feel justified in doing that? Do you think that motivates people to want to help or work with you? Think about it dude, can you REALL ... more

John Lorentzen    June 16, 2011 at 7:46pm

What are you guys trying to accomplish here? Anything constructive?

Peter Shiver    June 16, 2011 at 7:42pm

LOL John, okay.

Also, Brandon came to your rescue about you NOT having ties to the ADGA and you just stated that you did indirectly. Are you guys cousins?

Jeremy Boyd    June 16, 2011 at 7:06pm

I have no qualms with the course fees John. I merely stated that I (and others, but of course our opinions don't really matter anyway) find it a bit odd that we are holding our doubles league at a pay-to-play course. $9-$12 for a doubles round does seem a bit steep IMO. I'm not talking about an additional break on fees for casual rounds, just for doubles leagues. I would think Hilltop would be amenable to this, as it brings in revenue from players that would otherwise be at Kincaid. How man ... more

Jeremy Boyd    June 16, 2011 at 6:57pm

Course reviews of Hilltop and people's experiences with and opinions of ADGA and individuals are DISTINCT...there is no correlation there so don't try to create one.

John Lorentzen    June 16, 2011 at 6:56pm

Peter at a hilltop work party? Negative! You at a hilltop work party? Negative! If you have concerns about paying too much, talk to the ADGA board. Thier the ones that approved it! I'll back them up on this. We are getting 20% greens fees all year, F

for having leagues there two times a month. It's called a PARTNERSHIP! We (the ADGA) should support hilltop, because if they fail, we failed!

Jeremy Boyd    June 16, 2011 at 6:43pm

I'll take that last dollar of yours