Alaska Disc Golf Association

Est. 2003

Brad Larson    June 17, 2011 at 2:22am

Okay, I'm not taking any sides here, because I wasn't there for the fore mentioned grievances, but I will say the one day that I volunteered at Hilltop I was welcomed with open arms, even though I was hours late. I see nobody responded to to the fact that the leagues being held there is why we get a 20% discount, JUST SAYING. In conclusion can't we all just get along?

Luke Monyer    June 16, 2011 at 11:07pm

throwing in my cents....

a lot of work has got accomplished over the years, which I'm sure people appreciate in their own way

but the way people are treated and talked to are done disrespectfully, everyone's different and are entitled to do as they will without hearing negative criticism for not pleasing someones wishes

speaking from a long time of first hand experience...

Dustin Hanson    June 16, 2011 at 9:00pm

As much as I like, not love, the new Hilltop course, there is no way that I am going to play doubles there. One group tees off on 1, another tees off on... what 17, and then one more can tee off on 15? It's a 3 hour (minimum) commitment and the hills are killer on this old man.

John Lorentzen    June 16, 2011 at 8:42pm

Here's something constuctive, FAIRBANKS DISC GOLF tourney! This Saturday at 4pm, birch hill dg couse!!!! They are really looking forward to our support. Hot weather and lots of golf!!! What more could you ask for. If you need a ride or help in any way getting there, let me know. 250-8216

Som Bouasri    June 16, 2011 at 8:39pm

What!!!

People are getting called out and things getting blown out of proportion, that never happens in the Alaska Disc Golf Association.

Oh wait...

Meh

Peter Shiver    June 16, 2011 at 8:33pm

John, it wasn't a matter of accomplishing anything malicious. Observations were made and you attacked them with a "holier than now" attitude and it is off-putting. The other off-putting comments were you guilt tripping people that weren't there to help. Yeah, maybe more should’ve come up to help, but people have lives as well and/or kids, etc. How do you feel justified in doing that? Do you think that motivates people to want to help or work with you? Think about it dude, can you REALL ... more

John Lorentzen    June 16, 2011 at 7:46pm

What are you guys trying to accomplish here? Anything constructive?

Peter Shiver    June 16, 2011 at 7:42pm

LOL John, okay.

Also, Brandon came to your rescue about you NOT having ties to the ADGA and you just stated that you did indirectly. Are you guys cousins?

Jeremy Boyd    June 16, 2011 at 7:06pm

I have no qualms with the course fees John. I merely stated that I (and others, but of course our opinions don't really matter anyway) find it a bit odd that we are holding our doubles league at a pay-to-play course. $9-$12 for a doubles round does seem a bit steep IMO. I'm not talking about an additional break on fees for casual rounds, just for doubles leagues. I would think Hilltop would be amenable to this, as it brings in revenue from players that would otherwise be at Kincaid. How man ... more

Jeremy Boyd    June 16, 2011 at 6:57pm

Course reviews of Hilltop and people's experiences with and opinions of ADGA and individuals are DISTINCT...there is no correlation there so don't try to create one.

John Lorentzen    June 16, 2011 at 6:56pm

Peter at a hilltop work party? Negative! You at a hilltop work party? Negative! If you have concerns about paying too much, talk to the ADGA board. Thier the ones that approved it! I'll back them up on this. We are getting 20% greens fees all year, F

for having leagues there two times a month. It's called a PARTNERSHIP! We (the ADGA) should support hilltop, because if they fail, we failed!

Jeremy Boyd    June 16, 2011 at 6:43pm

I'll take that last dollar of yours

Brandon Bueter    June 16, 2011 at 6:38pm

The only thing that I have seen is the reviews for the course, and they speak for themselves, do you think that the course magically appears? I came up there for vacation last year and put in 20 hours of work at Kincaid, i would bet my last dollar that is more than the two of you have put in together up there at any course. John has no ties with the adga anymore, you all made sure of that, but still takes the time to finish what he started in completing the hilltop course if that's not honorable i don't know what is

John Lorentzen    June 16, 2011 at 6:26pm

Here we go again!  Who are these guys? Maybe they're related....Brothers, cousins, partners.... Your guess is my guess.

Another example of "none do-ers" making ripples in the water. Is this being productive in anyway? Can we just stay focus on growing disc golf in Alaska?

Jeremy Boyd    June 16, 2011 at 6:18pm

You might consider that you've heard ONE side of the story. Have you solicited anyone else's opinion? I think you might be surprised at the number of people that feel EXACTLY the way Peter does, and his experience with the ADGA is quite limited as he is new to the state. There are plenty of others who have felt the same LONG before he showed up here. Peter actually DID show up to a work party but was made to feel unwelcome and guilty for not having been at previous work parties (please cor ... more

John Lorentzen    June 16, 2011 at 6:14pm

Peter Shiver    June 16, 2011 at 6:06pm

Asking for help is one thing, guilting them to the point of not wanting to help is another. I think your vision is skewed Brandon, there are a lot of other things that happened behind the scenes that you don't see. When you use something like that as a weapon to use against people, that is not right by ANY justification....no matter the motivation or convicted passion behind it. I did try and want to help, but after all this mess with John....forget about it. It appears to me from the hist ... more

Brandon Bueter    June 16, 2011 at 5:51pm

Oh and the diarrhea of the mouth continues to spew.... So you get somebody to donate countless hours of sweat and time into putting in a new incredible course from what I have heard, and this is what has to be said about him.....really?.....really? I believe he was just asking for a little bit of help, is that too much to ask for, averaging 4 people at work parties to help out should be the real issue here. You two should get together dig a hole and get in it. Peter if you dont like so ... more

Dale Rogan    June 16, 2011 at 5:19pm

[QUOTE] John Lorentzen › June 1 at 11:35am Hilltop disc golf course is very close to being finished! This is the last week of work! We have a lot to do, so grab your work gloves and lend a hand. The last 3 work parties are this Thursday (6-9), Saturday (11-7), and Sunday (11-7). Everyone is welcome to help! Yes even "Dale" lol! /[QUOTE] I see what you did there. You just got to keep your pot shots coming. Just can't let things go, must be still stinging from our last bouts. I can se ... more

Peter Shiver    June 16, 2011 at 5:10pm

I have tried the course and it was fun. Also, I'm not going to buy a season pass, I won't play there that much to justify the cost even @ $120. My point about the fees is that we're "forced" or "agreed" upon having one doubles and one singles league a month. I'm sure the organization that is running hilltop is making $$$ already, why should we have to double up like that was my point, seems greedy to me. An insult would be making fun of your double negative you stated, before that I haven’ ... more