Alaska Disc Golf Association

Est. 2003

Andrew Jackson    July 18, 2011 at 10:12pm

It is sad when such a small portion of the population makes the rest of us look bad.

Lou Dogg    July 18, 2011 at 8:58pm

Thanks for posting this Dale. I was about to but you beat me to it. I read the article and it's JUNK! I understand Julia's concern but I feel like she's throwing us, paid members of the ADGA, under the bus. I'd be willing on betting that it's 3 / 97%. That's the good apples of the sport vs. the bad apples. I realize that not every person who uses WCL is a bad apple but there are so few of us who will put the sport aside for a few hours / days to help better it. Let's all put on our thinki ... more

Dale Williams    July 18, 2011 at 8:27pm

here is an article in the ADN on Westchester disc golfers

I would recommend reading some of the comments with this article.

Som Bouasri    July 18, 2011 at 4:17pm

Looking to ride down with some other folks to Kenai for the Open this weekend. My wife says I can play. I'd just rather not drive down by myself.

Dale Williams    July 18, 2011 at 1:26pm

I thought I would check and see if anyone is trying to get rid of a basket, sell a basket, etc. before I decide to buy a new one.

If you have one for sale, let me know and lets see if we can work out a fair deal. please contact me via disc golf scene email

Chris Goodrich    July 15, 2011 at 3:44pm

Thanks Tim, I appreciate the heads up.

tim kosednar    July 15, 2011 at 3:34pm

Chris, your jacket is at the concession trailer up at Hilltop.

Chris Goodrich    July 15, 2011 at 2:45am

Anybody have any luck finding my jacket at Hilltop?

Jamie Adams    July 12, 2011 at 2:37am

yep, i missed a few players in Intermediate- Kevin, Ugly-I'll update tomorrow.

Jamie Adams    July 12, 2011 at 2:04am

Hello! The scores are up on the PDGA website. Thank you for your patience as that is a process I still struggle with after years of practice. Thank you everyone for attending and making this year one the the biggest State's in terms of field size! Thank you again to those that traveled near and far- Wasilla, Kenai, Homer, Fairbanks, Juneau, Texas- thank you for making the treck! I also saw a lot of new/newer faces, and I hope to see you at future events as well! Here's a link to the PD ... more

Chris Goodrich    July 11, 2011 at 5:32am

Hey Anchorage discers, I managed to forget my red Patagonia jacket at Hilltop, can someone pick that up for me.

Cheers,

Chris

Oh yeah, nice job with an awesome State tourney this year. Congratulations the winners and kudos for those who came up just short.

Jamie Adams    July 10, 2011 at 1:36am

MORE INFO ON HILLTOP:

Concession stand/snack shack will be available, and ongoing side games will be available after the first round. Advanced and Open will play a second round in the afternoon- everyone done playing is encouraged to watch the Ace Runs and be a gallery for the players still playing- the weather is supposed to be nice so tell your friends and family to come out and watch too!

Disc Golf Activities will be by the First Aid house and Concession trailer near the practice basket. Please do not disturb the Chalet rentals that are going on!

See everyone tomorrow!!!

Jamie Adams    July 10, 2011 at 1:31am

Good evening everyone! Here are the tee times for Sunday’s round 1 at Hilltop. Reminder, Open and Advanced will play a second round in the afternoon, tee time TBA and will be announced at Hilltop. Thank you for participating in the 2011 Alaska State Championships. Tee times will start at 8am Sunday July 10. Please plan on being there at least 15 min prior to your tee time, do not be late for your tee time! From 1.6 Competition Manual: If a player is not present to throw when it is t ... more

Jamie Adams    July 8, 2011 at 3:03pm

Thank you to those who have pre-registered already, a huge thanks to the crews that got the courses ready, and good luck to all!

(and thanks for the Shout-outs last weekend while we were in Washington- so awesome to have that support behind you!)

Jamie Adams    July 8, 2011 at 2:53pm

Hello all!!  As there is no events page for States, announcements will be here.     Pre-registration: please email or text me to Pre-register, this will save some time on Saturday morning for everyone! kemignome@gmail.com or 907-903-1274.  Include name, division and PDGA # (if current) Registration is open from 8am – 9am on Saturday at Kincaid.  Registration will close at 9am.  Please do not be late! Pre-registered players may pick up their discs during Registration/Check in. Playe ... more

Zoe AnDyke    July 7, 2011 at 6:08pm

Just wanted to give a shout out to all my DG buddies and say "GOOD LUCK AT STATES"!!! I have been thinking about it constantly this past couple of weeks, and I wish you all the best-- combined with great weather. I miss your faces and will see them again in October:)

PS Katmai is great, and I am doing fine surrounded in all its beauty!

John Lorentzen    July 3, 2011 at 2:39pm

Good job guys! Go team Alaska!!!!!

Brian Gutzwiller    July 3, 2011 at 12:18am

Fort Steilacoom Open Day 1

Louie and Jamie are on the top of the lead card in their division after day 1. The State of Alaska is proud and is cheering you on. Good luck tomorrow!!!

John Lorentzen    June 30, 2011 at 1:05am

We will be at Kincaid working this Thursday from 5:30pm-10pm. More hands the better.... Call myself or Brian G if interested. Thanks!!!!

Jamie Adams    June 29, 2011 at 8:09pm