Alaska Disc Golf Association

Est. 2003

Jamie Adams    August 4, 2011 at 11:24am

Tomorrow night- the fun begins at Hilltop! Bring your friends, family, and even the non-discers to introduce them to the sport and play games and have dinner! Please keep an eye out for the "Disc Golf Parking" signs- our parking area will be the North end of the parking lot. Looks like some sunshine today to practice in, and we ordered sun for the weekend :) so come on out!

Thad Murgatroyd    August 4, 2011 at 1:11am

Hilltops King of the Hill ,kicks off Friday the 5th with a fun evening of games and food ,There will be a Ring of Fire ,Putting contests ,Long Drive contest ,Accuracy contest and Knome toss and Knome Bowling .8 dollars will get you into the contests plus it will pay for your round of golf and a buffet dinner.So come on out and help kick off a kick ass weekend of discgolf on Alaska's biggest and baddest discgolf course.Hope to see you all there.

Andrew Jackson    July 23, 2011 at 10:45pm

Thad...Love that idea...if they hadn't been drinking they would have saw the bear too...

Thad Murgatroyd    July 23, 2011 at 4:42pm

the thing that kills me is that apd knows underage drinking is going on there yet its to expensive to have some cops on bikes go through there on a regular basis ,im sure MAD and SAD would be outraged that the APD lets this happens. I guess i will carry a big can of bear spray with me when i play there ,so if we correct a group and they out number us we can deliver some manners via pepperspray...cant be unruly when snot is running from your nose and you wanna dig your eyes out

Lou Dogg    July 21, 2011 at 5:47pm

Biggest topic in Anchorage Daily News these days: Disc golf at Westchester Lagoon. Deep down inside I really feel like this is a bit of free advertising, haha!

Chris Goodrich    July 19, 2011 at 3:36am

Sorry Louie, I misread your post. Yes, we are outnumbered so we need to come up with creative solutions (with Parks and hopefully APD) to help bring the park back away from those who want to remove it.

Jamie Adams    July 19, 2011 at 3:30am

For those that have paid the $10 non-pdga member fee at sanctioned tournaments- if you go to the pdga website under membership you are eligible for a "supporting" member- I believe you will be issued a pdga number and a rulebook, on your way to becoming a full paid PDGA member with full benefits including your lifetime PDGA number, ratings, PDGA membership disc etc. PDGA memberships are for the calendar year, keep your eye out for their end of the summer special where they usually give you the remainder of this year and next year with a full paid membership!

John Lorentzen    July 19, 2011 at 12:51am

Another reason why we need more pay to play courses.

Chris Goodrich    July 18, 2011 at 11:44pm

Louie, The problem is it isn't a small percentage. Unfortunately, our club is the small percentage. Yes, the club worked hard (thanks Anchorage guys) to install the baskets, re-work the course, and when our members are there they play with decorum and even pick up after the slackers. But just like in Kenai, it is hard for 8 players to pick up after 50 day after day. I think what Julia needed to write (and this is what I told her) is that the players who she has a hard time with are not disc ... more

Andrew Jackson    July 18, 2011 at 10:12pm

It is sad when such a small portion of the population makes the rest of us look bad.

Lou Dogg    July 18, 2011 at 8:58pm

Thanks for posting this Dale. I was about to but you beat me to it. I read the article and it's JUNK! I understand Julia's concern but I feel like she's throwing us, paid members of the ADGA, under the bus. I'd be willing on betting that it's 3 / 97%. That's the good apples of the sport vs. the bad apples. I realize that not every person who uses WCL is a bad apple but there are so few of us who will put the sport aside for a few hours / days to help better it. Let's all put on our thinki ... more

Dale Williams    July 18, 2011 at 8:27pm

here is an article in the ADN on Westchester disc golfers

I would recommend reading some of the comments with this article.

Som Bouasri    July 18, 2011 at 4:17pm

Looking to ride down with some other folks to Kenai for the Open this weekend. My wife says I can play. I'd just rather not drive down by myself.

Dale Williams    July 18, 2011 at 1:26pm

I thought I would check and see if anyone is trying to get rid of a basket, sell a basket, etc. before I decide to buy a new one.

If you have one for sale, let me know and lets see if we can work out a fair deal. please contact me via disc golf scene email

Chris Goodrich    July 15, 2011 at 3:44pm

Thanks Tim, I appreciate the heads up.

tim kosednar    July 15, 2011 at 3:34pm

Chris, your jacket is at the concession trailer up at Hilltop.

Chris Goodrich    July 15, 2011 at 2:45am

Anybody have any luck finding my jacket at Hilltop?

Jamie Adams    July 12, 2011 at 2:37am

yep, i missed a few players in Intermediate- Kevin, Ugly-I'll update tomorrow.

Jamie Adams    July 12, 2011 at 2:04am

Hello! The scores are up on the PDGA website. Thank you for your patience as that is a process I still struggle with after years of practice. Thank you everyone for attending and making this year one the the biggest State's in terms of field size! Thank you again to those that traveled near and far- Wasilla, Kenai, Homer, Fairbanks, Juneau, Texas- thank you for making the treck! I also saw a lot of new/newer faces, and I hope to see you at future events as well! Here's a link to the PD ... more

Chris Goodrich    July 11, 2011 at 5:32am

Hey Anchorage discers, I managed to forget my red Patagonia jacket at Hilltop, can someone pick that up for me.

Cheers,

Chris

Oh yeah, nice job with an awesome State tourney this year. Congratulations the winners and kudos for those who came up just short.