Alaska Disc Golf Association

Est. 2003

anastasia S    June 3, 2012 at 6:05pm

new and used disc's for cheap 4-10$ at metro music and books 530 e. benson blvd across from the sears mall (same mall as great harvest bread co, the look, la bodega, cafe amsterdam) 279-8622!!

Jamie Adams    May 25, 2012 at 3:07am

Thanks again to a great bunch of volunteers helping put the finishing touches on Hilltop tonight! The course is in and playable this weekend- its muddy in spots and "early season" conditions exist so be prepared, but the course is playing great! Tonight's unofficial season opening partial round was the most fun I've had in a casual round in a while. Thanks again everyone and I hope to have some more details about Monday's Tournament/Fun Day by tomorrow so keep an eye out for that.

Jamie Adams    May 22, 2012 at 11:37pm

Thank you so much to ya'll that helped at Hilltop so far- we have one more work party planned, with emphasis on the PARTY part :) This Thursday, 6pm, come one come all to help get the final tees/sleeves/etc in and do some garbage pick up on the hill. Rick will have some dogs and burgers on the bbq afterwards, bring your boots for work on the hill and anything else food or drink wise you'll want for after! Official opening is looking like this Saturday, and keep an eye out for details of the Memorial Day Tournament/Fun Day for all you not leaving for the holiday weekend.

Som Bouasri    May 17, 2012 at 7:58pm

I'll be at Hilltop but a little late, boots in tow. Also, Female Athlete is having a sale on all disc golf equipment 25% all disc golf stuff. I just bought a competition bag for $45 regularly $60. There were two green competition bags left. They are NOT going to carry anymore disc golf stuff due in part to lose of business from the westchester closure.

Jamie Adams    May 17, 2012 at 6:57pm

I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine this week- weather like this ALMOST makes the winter worth it, haha!

Friendly Reminder- there is a Work Party this evening at Hilltop Ski Area/DGC, Thursday May 17 @ 6pm. Word is the hill is still thawing and may be sloppy so boots are instyle right now! Spend a couple short hours installing this great course in the sunshine this evening!

Hilltop Ski Area is located on Abbott Road, if you need directions or have questions the Chalet is 346-1446

Mike G    May 17, 2012 at 11:11am

I hope my comment went I did not see it post any way I will be there today then thanks Casimir

Mike G    May 17, 2012 at 11:09am

I am in, I will be there today then. I have not played in a couple of weeks since I have been in the middle of the move. this is the longest time ever I have not been flying my plastic. hope to see you there today.

Casimir Abramczyk    May 17, 2012 at 7:14am

I'm your Huckleberry. I want to, and am gonna, play! Often I hit Kincaid c. 2:30ish in the pm week days w/me dog.

Lou Dogg    May 16, 2012 at 9:07pm

Mike, the Alaska Disc Golf Association holds a weekly doubles league every Wednesday night at Kincaid Park. Be there by 6:15 if you're interested in playing. Hope to see you there. Hit me up if you have any questions regarding DG in AK (Louie: 907-227-3323).

Mike G    May 16, 2012 at 8:57pm

Whos who anybody want to play? new to Alaska

Jamie Adams    May 15, 2012 at 2:20am

Thursday, May 17th.... sorry! :)

Jamie Adams    May 14, 2012 at 9:29pm

It's almost time! Hilltop DGC is about ready to go in- course installation to start this week! There will be a work party Thursday May 16, 6pm to get things going. The hill is still thawing but Rick is eager to get the course in for everyone to enjoy- the hill is muddy and sloppy as of today, so boots/mud footwear are suggested and definitely in style right now. Thanks to the hard work of you volunteers last season, installation should go pretty quick and smooth this year! The weather is su ... more

Edan Badajos    May 12, 2012 at 4:39am

In Girdwood there is a campground in the park right at the course.

John Roe    May 10, 2012 at 8:24pm

What sort of camping is available at Girdwood.

Som Bouasri    May 3, 2012 at 7:02pm

KTUU reporting on the Westchester disclosure discussion. http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-should-westchester-lagoon-have-disc-golf-in-the-summer-20120502,0,1987588.story#fb-root

Brad Larson    April 29, 2012 at 8:09pm

special thanks to everyone who showed up to help @ kinkaid today, it was a great turnout. It was also nice to see others not in our group helping out. All in all job well done, thanks again.

Jamie Adams    April 27, 2012 at 9:14pm

Email communication from Parks & Rec: Thank you for expressing your comments and concerns regarding the seasonal closure of the disc golf course at Westchester Lagoon. Since 2008, the Alaska Disc Golf Association (ADGA) and Anchorage Parks & Recreation have been actively working to improve the safety conditions and user conflicts at the Westchester Lagoon disc golf course. Although these improvements have somewhat improved course conditions and park and trail safety, the increased popularit ... more

Brad Larson    April 27, 2012 at 3:10am

Attention fellow golfers, a group of us are going to meet @ kinkaid park @ 10:30 am. sunday, April 29th. We will be out there to play a fun round, and pick up trash along the way! We invite any one who wants to come play and be involved in helping @ one of our primary courses for the summer. We hope to see you out there.

Andrew Jackson    April 26, 2012 at 8:53pm

They are using funds from a state sourse and the course is part of a larger project. project is scheduled to be "substancially complete" by Oct

Luke Monyer    April 26, 2012 at 7:41pm

We got nine baskets not being used, find somewhere to put them